CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5 (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.
These unofficial builds are based on the CM t30 Kernel available at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_acer_t30
All my specific device tree can be integrated in the CyanogenMod project.
These builds are based on some Graphic Legacy code, thanks to pawitp for his patches : https://gist.github.com/pawitp/c8a4b32ecd838146192b
- An unlocked Bootloader - JB Version
- CWM recovery or TWRP recovery
version 220.127.116.11+ with LVM Support (Look at the CWM thread) or TWRP with LVM Support (called bigsystem by Elibl)
- Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Wipe data/factory reset if coming from another ROM or version of CM. If you are already on CM11 or CM12, just make Wipe Cache & Wipe Dalvick-Cache for a proper upgrade.
- Install the ROM using Recovery
- Install the adapated Google Apps (I recommend minimal Gapps 5 on my website gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip but you can use Latest Paranoid Gapps for 5.0.x
Bugs & FAQ
- RIL not compatible with A511
- Flashing L might take a while in recovery (please be patient)
- First boot might take a while too !
Frequent random crashes Bootanimation crashes after a while (but the boot process continues normally)
- Setting brightness to minimum while on auto brightness may cause the screen to go completely dark with no way to set it back except for guessing where the brightness setting is or using adb to force set a higher brightness.
If you have a black screen at first boot or after bad settings manipulation, use this commande in adb :
adb shell "echo 255 > /sys/devices/platform/pwm-backlight/backlight/pwm-backlight/brightness"
If the bug comes with auto-brightness enabled, you can put your sensor on a light to force it to level up the brightness.
- SELinux not in enforcing mode
Bluetooth may not work properly
[ROM][5.0.2] CyanogenMod 12 for Acer A510[UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the Acer Iconia A700 and A510
Source Code: https://github.com/picasso-m-mf-dev/
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: JB Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: CyanogenMod
Stable Release Date: 2015-04-09
Beta Release Date: 2015-02-01
Last Updated 2015-04-10