FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] TWRP Recovery [v2.8.6.0]

1,027 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,940

Post Reply Email Thread
CM dropped CWM support in CM-12.0 in favor of CM's own recovery, which has different bugs and is generally very simplified recovery (does only wiping/flashing images). So I decided to go on with a different recovery from now on.

This recovery is LVM compatible.

Requirements
  • U8800 with 404020 baseband (If you ever installed 2.3 stock firmware, you're ok!)
  • Strongly recommended: Unlocked pink screen

How to install
Method 1 (by recovery)
  1. Download the zip from downloads below
  2. Save it to your phone (internal or external SD)
  3. Reboot to your current recovery
  4. Install the zip
  5. Reboot recovery
Method 2 (by pink screen)
  1. Download the zip from downloads below
  2. Save it to your PC
  3. Reboot your phone in pink screen mode
  4. Extract recovery.img from the zip
  5. Save the zip on your phone's image/ directory (where boot.img and other files are located)
  6. Reboot to recovery

Downloads
Things to know
  • When backupping, tick "cust". This holds boot.img and other files which are grucial for restoring a full backup.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free

2nd January 2015, 09:01 PM |#2  
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Thanks for the great job Blefish. It works flawlessly
18th January 2015, 09:13 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa

Donate to Me
More
Uploaded TWRP recovery v2.8.4.0.

Changes:
* Support for offmode charging
* LVM/NON-LVM compatible. You can use this recovery for NON-LVM ROMs.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 09:23 AM |#4  
Flag Manama

More
Hi Blefish
Thanks for the updated recovery.
I had a question, if we were to flash say your CM11 rom, I guess we need to uninstall LVM as you had mentioned before or just flash directly using this recovery
Great job again
18th January 2015, 09:30 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.nomaan

Hi Blefish
Thanks for the updated recovery.
I had a question, if we were to flash say your CM11 rom, do we need to uninstall LVM or just flash directly using this recovery
Great job again

You can use this recovery, however LVM needs to be uninstalled. The new BlePart-LVM-11 script makes it easier for you . However, I still want to do one mor CM11 release, with LVM support. Theoretically the new CM12 release is LVM/NON-LVM compatible too but it has problems on installing the ROM (the space on /system is not enough).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 09:47 AM |#6  
Flag Manama

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blefish

You can use this recovery, however LVM needs to be uninstalled. The new BlePart-LVM-11 script makes it easier for you . However, I still want to do one mor CM11 release, with LVM support. Theoretically the new CM12 release is LVM/NON-LVM compatible too but it has problems on installing the ROM (the space on /system is not enough).

Thanks Blefish for the update.
Just installed the new recovery, Off-Mode charging is working fine.
I like the new white charging animation
18th January 2015, 10:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Blefish, thanks a lot!!
Perhaps, in the next update, you could enable the LED to show the charging progress , if possible..
18th January 2015, 10:04 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsioy

Blefish, thanks a lot!!
Perhaps, in the next update, you could enable the LED to show the charging progress , if possible..

Yes, I am planning that. The thing was that in CM's healthd (charger is using that) it is supported, but in Omni's healthd it's not supported. I will probably implement it myself if someone has not done it yet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
18th January 2015, 07:09 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
VERY NICE, thanks!
15th February 2015, 03:00 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa

Donate to Me
More
New version uploaded, enjoy!

Next releases will be uploaded at LegacyHuawei
This version adds the RPC side charging (more stable) and it also enables charging led indicators.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
16th February 2015, 10:35 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I installed 2850 and now I can't access the sdcard (in TWRP). It works fine if I boot it normally, so I'm guessing it's not a problem with the sd card?
I tried the option to mount the sdcard, but when I try it, TWRP doesn't tick that option. All the others work, though (cust, system, data, ...)
Any suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)