[Q&A] [ROM][07.09.2014] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 11.0 [4.4.4]

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for [ROM][07.09.2014] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 11.0 [4.4.4]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

Teg8

Sep 24, 2012
no need for this.
Go to Settings, then Buttons, and there you have it, after options for search key.

tsioy

Nov 16, 2012
SD problem

I have cm11.0-20140627. (I installed the latest version but the phone kept rebooting, so I reinstalled the 27/06 version).
The problem I have is that the phone keeps removing the SD card when it wakes up or when it turns on. Therefore, I have to open the lid, remove the SD card and place it again in the phone. Is this a common bug?
I've tried to format the SD but the problem still remains.

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
I have cm11.0-20140627. (I installed the latest version but the phone kept rebooting, so I reinstalled the 27/06 version).
The problem I have is that the phone keeps removing the SD card when it wakes up or when it turns on. Therefore, I have to open the lid, remove the SD card and place it again in the phone. Is this a common bug?
I've tried to format the SD but the problem still remains.

Perhaps it's related to the Wi-Fi. Can you try turning off Wi-Fi, and making sure it does not enable itself for location scanning. Also, if this happens, I'd like logs (the app is on my thread which you can use to get the logs).

Reactions: magnostik

BlueFireX22

Apr 16, 2012
sd card swapping

hey ..can you tell me a way of swapping or emulating internal sd card as external
i have a broken sd card slot and the camera features and other feature can't be used without it..

tsioy

Nov 16, 2012
Perhaps it's related to the Wi-Fi. Can you try turning off Wi-Fi, and making sure it does not enable itself for location scanning. Also, if this happens, I'd like logs (the app is on my thread which you can use to get the logs).

The Wifi isn' t enabled for location scanning and the problem occurs also when the wifi is turned off.
you mentioned something about logs. Do you mean the "data.txt" file?
I guess it doesn't have personal data in it, does it?

If not, I'm sending it right away!

Last edited:

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
hey ..can you tell me a way of swapping or emulating internal sd card as external
i have a broken sd card slot and the camera features and other feature can't be used without it..
I promised this to someone some time ago, but never implemented it. Actually today's release is a bit experimental on some sides, so if there are issues I will do another one soon, with the swappable storage patch. Things like this (swappable storage) are really useful features, but they break CM's policies and that's why they don't merge this stuff. I will add it to my own builds from now on though :).
The Wifi isn' t enabled for location scanning and the problem occurs also when the wifi is turned off.
you mentioned something about logs. Do you mean the "data.txt" file?
I guess it doesn't have personal data in it, does it?

If not, I'm sending it right away!
Yes, the data.txt would be useful. The log could contain sensitive information though, you can check it for any potential usernames, serial numbers and mac addresses. If you want you can also send it to me as a PM, if you're ok with that.

I actually had a similar issue a long time ago, but my SD card was dying and one day the Wi-Fi would not turn on anymore (the Wi-Fi bus and SD card bus are using the same driver, which got confused). You mentioned you were using the 06/28 release, the issue is not present there?

tsioy

Nov 16, 2012
Yes, the data.txt would be useful. The log could contain sensitive information though, you can check it for any potential usernames, serial numbers and mac addresses. If you want you can also send it to me as a PM, if you're ok with that.

I actually had a similar issue a long time ago, but my SD card was dying and one day the Wi-Fi would not turn on anymore (the Wi-Fi bus and SD card bus are using the same driver, which got confused). You mentioned you were using the 06/28 release, the issue is not present there?

Here's the data.txt.
View attachment data.7z
The issue is present with the 28/06 version, I just had problem with the new ones (the phone kept rebooting with the 07/09 version).

When you have the time to check it, keep in mind that there could be a connection between my problem and wifi tethering ( I think this problem started when I first used wifi tethering).

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
Here's the data.txt.
View attachment 2989733
The issue is present with the 28/06 version, I just had problem with the new ones (the phone kept rebooting with the 07/09 version).

When you have the time to check it, keep in mind that there could be a connection between my problem and wifi tethering ( I think this problem started when I first used wifi tethering).

Thanks.

From the log I can see it fails on resume, possibly because in my ROM the SD card power is turned off and for some reason it fails to react after power is turned on again.

In stock Huawei ROMs they did not do that, which increases power consumption too (in some cases some users reported that without the SD card they'd get double the battery). So I enabled it in my ROM (it's actually enabled by default in Qualcomm development boards too).

I will debug this problem, perhaps it needs a delay when resuming.
Btw, if you have installed the last version, do you still get reboots?

tsioy

Nov 16, 2012
Thanks.

From the log I can see it fails on resume, possibly because in my ROM the SD card power is turned off and for some reason it fails to react after power is turned on again.

In stock Huawei ROMs they did not do that, which increases power consumption too (in some cases some users reported that without the SD card they'd get double the battery). So I enabled it in my ROM (it's actually enabled by default in Qualcomm development boards too).

I will install it today. Just to make it clear, is it better to wipe data/cache/dalvik before installing the new rom, after the installation or can I just install it without wiping anything?

After edit:
I installed it without wiping anything. No reboots, it is functional (~1.5 hour).
I will come back with any news. Thanks!!

Last edited:

tsioy

Nov 16, 2012
Hi Blefish!
The problem with the SD card has reappeared. Now I have the 28/10 version and besides this problem, everything is fine.

ogrenci01

Nov 14, 2012
I have a bug..

Hi Blefish. I have a bug in latest build (cm11-2014-10-28).

"Import/Export from SIM Card" doesn't work on "Contacts" and I can not import/export contacts from SIM card. This is working previous version.

Thanks. It is great work. A lot thanks.

rexnanet

Jan 15, 2012
More RAM?

"For more RAM: Settings->Performance->Memory management."

I can't find "Performance" on the general settings "menu/app".
Is there another "Settings" menu/app?

Blefish

Aug 19, 2011
"For more RAM: Settings->Performance->Memory management."

I can't find "Performance" on the general settings "menu/app".
Is there another "Settings" menu/app?

I think you need to enable Developer options first. Settings->About. Tap the build number 7 times to enable Performance options. Oh, make sure you do not enable KSM, as it breaks camera after using it for some time (only reboot helps). I will remove KSM option in next release.

rexnanet

Jan 15, 2012
I think you need to enable Developer options first. Settings->About. Tap the build number 7 times to enable Performance options. Oh, make sure you do not enable KSM, as it breaks camera after using it for some time (only reboot helps). I will remove KSM option in next release.

Thanks!
Found it :) Wasn't aware of this :)
Yes, I saw the issue with KSM, not going to enable!

By the way, I found some issues with the ROM, don't know if this is the right place but can't post anywhere else lol

1- Camera doesn't work withou SD card in slot. Crashes. (It should use internal memory in that case shouldn't it?)
2- Sometimes can't turn location (GPS?) completely off, either thru the status bar menu or thru the power widget. Have to go to Settings->Personal->Location and turn it off.
3- Still haven't fully charged with the wall charger (only with USB port from laptop) but seems to drain the battery a lot! Before could last 4 days (oxygen ROM on 2.3.x) but only during the night lost about 60% charge.

Thanks for the great work!
Having Bluetooth working is a major plus :)

Edit: Sorry, using 20140907...wrong zip file... my mistake! :eek:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey when is a new version coming out? And will it have material design?

I don't know yet (there are some missing features currently). But here's something to look for.
    Gr8 news @Blefish, CM12/Lillipop on X5 will be EPIC
    If I can make 2 more requests:
    1: Can we have the ROM with 512MB RAM just like X5Pro. I remember in 1 of your builds you had increased the RAM from 399MB
    2: Can we have a better stock camera (MotoG 1st gen uses a 5MP and the results are much better that what we have now)
    Just Waiting eagerly for your latest ROM :)
    thanks in advance
    U8800/U8800pro/U8860 all have same amount of memory. I think it's common across all MSM7230/MSM8255 boards. Now, the kernel will occupy some of that memory, plus some static heaps like display heap, audio heap, etc. The reason why we had ~350MB was due to multimedia/camera heap being static too. However some time ago we started using CMA, which makes the heap dynamic - when it's not in use, other apps can use the memory. This is why we have nearly 400MB usable at the moment. As far as I know U8800pro is not using CMA kernel, so they still have lower available RAM.
    @Blefish
    I also wanted CM12 for this device, thanks for your great work. Any idea when it will come out? Eagerly waiting! :p :fingers-crossed:
    It's almost done! Most of the stuff works but I am seeing some slowdowns, especially after installing gapps. I'm thinking it must be low-ram issue, but some debugging needs to be done at that part.

What's still broken/missing: camera 720p video is messed up; camera apk sometimes crashes; new HuaweiSettings app (based on the former IdeosX5Settings). I also want to bring some enhancements to Wi-Fi, there is a firmware crashing issue from long time ago, also memory allocations in wi-fi driver need optimizations.
    Sorry to ask but why the KSM will be removed ?

We have CMA (Contiguous Memory Allocator). It allows camera+vidc memory to be used by apps. In total we have nearly ~400MB available. When camera or vidc wants the memory, it requests it through CMA. However CMA is not compatible with KSM, therefore I am disabling it.
    hello
    i install last version of your custom ROM and when i have to get picture by camera it apps crashed and in film mode,it not work.
    in before version this problem did not occurred.
    thanks blefish.

Disable KSM (Settings->Performance->Memory management). KSM will be permanently removed in the next version.
    Here's the data.txt.
    View attachment 2989733

Thanks.