FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [ROM][31.12.2014] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 12.0 [5.0.2]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 31st December 2014, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [ROM][31.12.2014] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 12.0 [5.0.2]

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM][31.12.2014] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 12.0 [5.0.2]. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

31st December 2014, 08:20 PM |#2  
Flag Kayseri

More
Thumbs up
you are the man , mannn....
1st January 2015, 09:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hello! First of all Thanks for your EXCELLENT WORK.
Please help me and mb some other headset users.
Long time ago on .32 kernel and some .35 kernels I used wired single button headset and it worked well. Now I want to use it again, and encountered a weird problem: pressing button leads to nothing visible, can't change track or answer call. Tried to remap buttons with apps or with this guide [GUIDE] Take Back Your Headset Controls! and still nothing. One thing I noticed. in Keytest App when I press headset button it looks like
Code:
keyCode=KEYCODE_HEADSETHOOK
scanCode=226
but also
Code:
repeatCount
constantly increasing, like I'm clicking button extra fast. So, once button pressed, Keytest app can't recognize this button press anymore.
Also I'm not sure that headset mic is used by rom, "force internal mic" option is disabled. What setting should I check to ensure that phone uses headset mic?
I checked headset on my wife's phone and it's work like it should.
Headset model Stereo Headset MH650
@Blefish, can you take a look on it?
1st January 2015, 11:54 AM |#4  
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa
Thanks Meter: 2,940

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern45

Hello! First of all Thanks for your EXCELLENT WORK.
Please help me and mb some other headset users.
Long time ago on .32 kernel and some .35 kernels I used wired single button headset and it worked well. Now I want to use it again, and encountered a weird problem: pressing button leads to nothing visible, can't change track or answer call. Tried to remap buttons with apps or with this guide [GUIDE] Take Back Your Headset Controls! and still nothing. One thing I noticed. in Keytest App when I press headset button it looks like

Code:
keyCode=KEYCODE_HEADSETHOOK
scanCode=226
but also
Code:
repeatCount
constantly increasing, like I'm clicking button extra fast. So, once button pressed, Keytest app can't recognize this button press anymore.
Also I'm not sure that headset mic is used by rom, "force internal mic" option is disabled. What setting should I check to ensure that phone uses headset mic?
I checked headset on my wife's phone and it's work like it should.
Headset model Stereo Headset MH650
@Blefish, can you take a look on it?

The HuaweiSettings/IDEOSX5Settings force internal mic allows to use the phone's microphone even when headset is connected. It should not make a difference in your case.
The headset configuration is very similar to stock, however, you can try using alternate headset config. Try writing "1" or "2" (without quotes) to /d/msm_hsed_config file (with ADB or terminal emulator; via file manager could work too). This selects between different headset types. I don't have any other clues besides this though :/.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
1st January 2015, 06:00 PM |#5  
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Hi @Blefish,
Many thanks on accomplishing this EPIC work
I am really grateful coz due to you this device is still alive.
1 question, while flashing the zips LMV & CM12 ROM, do we need to select zip verification or we can just skip these?
2 question, is this GAAPS file fine to flash with CM12 - pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-BETA5-20141225-signed.zip
I have downloaded all the files and await your reply
2nd January 2015, 09:54 AM |#6  
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.nomaan

Hi @Blefish,
Many thanks on accomplishing this EPIC work
I am really grateful coz due to you this device is still alive.
1 question, while flashing the zips LMV & CM12 ROM, do we need to select zip verification or we can just skip these?
2 question, is this GAAPS file fine to flash with CM12 - pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-BETA5-20141225-signed.zip
I have downloaded all the files and await your reply

What do you mean by zip verification? Do you mean the TWRP option in it's settings? Currently LVM install script is not signed so you shouldn't turn it on.
The gapps you mentioned is fine, I am using micro and I believe mini setup should flash too. They have done a very nice job with the gapps script so it will tell you if there is something wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
2nd January 2015, 06:22 PM |#7  
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Yes @Blefish, I was referring to the TWRP zip verification. Anyway, I did install the new twrp, LMV and your new ROM with GAAPs. All went well and I'm now on CM12.
Miss the theme engine and xposed though but I guess we all can wait until we get ur next release. I am aware xposed isn't compatible yet with A5.
Thanks for your brilliant work. Will keep you posted on any issues if I find down the line.
Thanks again

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
2nd January 2015, 06:38 PM |#8  

More
Ambient Display
My lock screen is black, it doesn't have the background image, from what I understand this means Ambient Display is enabled, but in the options there's no place to turn it off.
How can I fix this?
3rd January 2015, 09:10 AM |#9  
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGAMENE

My lock screen is black, it doesn't have the background image, from what I understand this means Ambient Display is enabled, but in the options there's no place to turn it off.
How can I fix this?

This is because the phone has low-ram setting enabled. You can try overriding it in Settings->Performance (high end gfx). Frankly I believe even low-ram devices should show wallpaper in lock screen and when sliding down notification panel.

I don't know if we can support ambient display, I think it's intended for AMOLED displays.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 09:32 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blefish

This is because the phone has low-ram setting enabled. You can try overriding it in Settings->Performance (high end gfx). Frankly I believe even low-ram devices should show wallpaper in lock screen and when sliding down notification panel.

I don't know if we can support ambient display, I think it's intended for AMOLED displays.

You can add this to build.prop
persist.sys.force_highendgfx=true
This will make our phones fancy

Also, is that normal? Screenshot made at U8860 from 28.12.2014
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nuplayer.png
Views:	242
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	3095523  
5th January 2015, 08:52 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Ubuntu for U8800
hi Blefish.
thanks again for good work.
i like to learn develop Rom!How can i start?what is resource?
i can Develop Ubuntu for U8800?how?
thanks for let's me to get time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)