[Q&A] [ROM][31.12.2014] Unofficial Cyanogenmod 12.0 [5.0.2]

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 31st December 2014, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2015, 07:32 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Will it work on f2fs?? Would really want to try it on f2fs...and if not, can you please make it for f2fs??

13th January 2015, 02:08 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
bootloops
i get bootloops when i plug and unplug the sd card...really annoying. can you fix that?
13th January 2015, 07:02 PM |#23  

More
usb tethering and otg dont work
18th January 2015, 10:18 PM |#24  
Flag Porto

More
Can i install the new version without full reset?
Thank you for your hard work!
19th January 2015, 02:45 PM |#25  
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa
Thanks Meter: 2,940

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaopc

Can i install the new version without full reset?
Thank you for your hard work!

Yes. Just flash it over. However these are nightly builds so there may be issues occasionally. It worked on my device though.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 04:31 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
First of all, a big thank you @Blefish for your excellent work on our phone! Here is what I have noticed so far using the latest version of your rom:

1) When the phone boots, it always says android is upgrading, optimizing app etc and takes a few minutes before it finally boots.
Note that this happens everytime, not just after the first boot after installing the rom.
Some of the times I guess this happens because I have installed new apps and android optimizes them after a reboot,
but it happens even if I haven't installed/uninstalled any apps between the restarts.

2) After the boot, it takes sometime before the sim card starts working and the system asks for the sim card pin.

3) The last version is a lot slower than the first one. It lags almost constantly and my phone has become unresponsive many times.
(I disabled the "Force high-end graphics" option in the Performance menu just now to see if it helps.
It might have been the reason why my device was so slow, but I can't say for sure yet. I need to test it more.)

4) I have a Synaptics TS but it hasn't stopped working yet with the last version (it had happened with the first version 2-3 times),
so I guess this bug is fixed for good! Good job man!!

5) I saw a couple of people reporting that their power button stopped working after a while and needed to reboot their device to make it work again.
This also happened to me (definitely in the first version and I think it has also happened a couple of times in the last version).
What works for me is this: when it happens, instead of rebooting, I push the Vol - button, that volume animation thingy appears on the screen,
I wait for it to faint away after a few seconds without touching anything else and right after it's gone i can use the power button just fine again
(at least until the next time this bug appears and I have to repeat the process )
20th January 2015, 07:44 PM |#27  
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoysos1175

First of all, a big thank you @Blefish for your excellent work on our phone! Here is what I have noticed so far using the latest version of your rom:

1) When the phone boots, it always says android is upgrading, optimizing app etc and takes a few minutes before it finally boots.
Note that this happens everytime, not just after the first boot after installing the rom.
Some of the times I guess this happens because I have installed new apps and android optimizes them after a reboot,
but it happens even if I haven't installed/uninstalled any apps between the restarts.

2) After the boot, it takes sometime before the sim card starts working and the system asks for the sim card pin.

3) The last version is a lot slower than the first one. It lags almost constantly and my phone has become unresponsive many times.
(I disabled the "Force high-end graphics" option in the Performance menu just now to see if it helps.
It might have been the reason why my device was so slow, but I can't say for sure yet. I need to test it more.)

4) I have a Synaptics TS but it hasn't stopped working yet with the last version (it had happened with the first version 2-3 times),
so I guess this bug is fixed for good! Good job man!!

5) I saw a couple of people reporting that their power button stopped working after a while and needed to reboot their device to make it work again.
This also happened to me (definitely in the first version and I think it has also happened a couple of times in the last version).
What works for me is this: when it happens, instead of rebooting, I push the Vol - button, that volume animation thingy appears on the screen,
I wait for it to faint away after a few seconds without touching anything else and right after it's gone i can use the power button just fine again
(at least until the next time this bug appears and I have to repeat the process )

The "Android is upgrading..." should be replaced by "Android is installing..." when on first boot. However I have also noticed it later, I haven't found out exactly why but it seems like /data is not unmounted correctly. It went away for me though, so I am not sure what caused it.

I know SIM card taking longer after boot, I will try fixing it. Seems like RIL is initialized too late in the boot process.

The general laggyness is also observed. We noticed that LMK (lowmemorykiller) values were not optimal for low-mem devices (a patch was missing). Another user reported that when he used values from cm11 he had much better performance. I am testing it right now...

Synaptics TS bug is hopefully solved. However it needs long term testing. I hope to open my U8800 soon enough and replace it with Synaptics again to do some more testing on it.

What you said about power button confirms that the issue is in Android side (so the power button should theoretically work but Android fails to obtain the message). Investigating it. I am glad you found a workaround though .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 08:17 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blefish

The "Android is upgrading..." should be replaced by "Android is installing..." when on first boot. However I have also noticed it later, I haven't found out exactly why but it seems like /data is not unmounted correctly. It went away for me though, so I am not sure what caused it.

I know SIM card taking longer after boot, I will try fixing it. Seems like RIL is initialized too late in the boot process.

The general laggyness is also observed. We noticed that LMK (lowmemorykiller) values were not optimal for low-mem devices (a patch was missing). Another user reported that when he used values from cm11 he had much better performance. I am testing it right now...

Synaptics TS bug is hopefully solved. However it needs long term testing. I hope to open my U8800 soon enough and replace it with Synaptics again to do some more testing on it.

What you said about power button confirms that the issue is in Android side (so the power button should theoretically work but Android fails to obtain the message). Investigating it. I am glad you found a workaround though .

Strange... I reduced /data partition but still has no "Android is upgrading". Maybe 2gb is too big for it?

Looks like that RIL reboots right after phone starts. Not sure, but sometimes I can see signal icon in the satus bar, then it disappears and than it appears again.

Who is this user? Want to press "Thanks" on his posts .
21st January 2015, 03:40 PM |#29  
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JekaPinsk

Strange... I reduced /data partition but still has no "Android is upgrading". Maybe 2gb is too big for it?

Looks like that RIL reboots right after phone starts. Not sure, but sometimes I can see signal icon in the satus bar, then it disappears and than it appears again.

Who is this user? Want to press "Thanks" on his posts .

It shows "no signal" before RIL is initialized. If you check it with adb logcat -b radio you can see nothing is being done earlier. There were some patches though, will check them out.

If you want to try the LMK patch, you'd have to build with this enabled: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/86327/
The user was actually from a SEMC msm7x30 device owner, he noticed it .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blefish Ad-Free
21st January 2015, 04:09 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blefish

It shows "no signal" before RIL is initialized. If you check it with adb logcat -b radio you can see nothing is being done earlier. There were some patches though, will check them out.

If you want to try the LMK patch, you'd have to build with this enabled: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/86327/
The user was actually from a SEMC msm7x30 device owner, he noticed it .

Saw it on gerrit right before reading your answer. Will try tomorrow.
I see, Michael is doing a great work on msm7x30 devices .
22nd January 2015, 04:29 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by season 8

Hi, Blefish. I've just install swipe keyboard but I cant choose it. I pressed Language and Input -> Current Keyboard -> Choose Keyboard and this notification appeared: unfortunately, settings has stopped.
How can I fix it? Thank you

Hi, Blefish!
I have a similar problem when choose any keyboard.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)