FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Can't Turn on my WiFi

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Lxandrite, Junior Member on 16th December 2016, 05:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hi, i was updating my phone to Gingerbread (2.3.5) B258. and then Upgrading to ICS. but no matter which custom rom i use or Official Rom. all works fine but then i can´t turn on the WiFi. when i click on the icon give me "Error" any idea abut what to do?

try many solutions but no one fix my inssue

16th December 2016, 11:39 AM |#2  
Flag Paluküla, Hiiumaa
Thanks Meter: 2,940

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxandrite

hi, i was updating my phone to Gingerbread (2.3.5) B258. and then Upgrading to ICS. but no matter which custom rom i use or Official Rom. all works fine but then i can´t turn on the WiFi. when i click on the icon give me "Error" any idea abut what to do?

try many solutions but no one fix my inssue

Wi-Fi is using similar memory controller as SD card. I had an issue where my SD got corrupted and Wi-Fi did not turn on because of it aswell. So try removing/replugging the SD card (and restart afterwards).
16th December 2016, 03:59 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Ty for your answer blefish, i try what u do and try with another SD card, and i put my SD to another device. and i can´t turn on wifi, but my friend phone´s works well.
16th December 2016, 08:47 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
UPDATE: i made a downgrade to 2.2.2 froyo and WiFi Works Well.. any hint to upgrade my phone? whitout lose WiFi?¡
28th December 2016, 06:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
]when you're on ICS do you have an IMEI number? If not your phone is screwed on any ROM higher than GingerBread. Mine is the same. It just cycles through the connecting cycle on and off. I've even tried forcing an IMEI number through a program but it didn't change anything.

EDIT: nevermind finally after hours and hours of trying to revive this phone I got my IMEI back and wifi working. Damn it took ages to figure out.
Flashed to Official Gingerbread, then done the steps of retoring my IMEI number which is listed behind my battery. I used DFS tools for this and a post that tells you how to access the project setting menu to enable the settings. Then I wrote my IMEI number back on my phone, then rooted it and installed a custom recovery. Then from there installed Aurora ICS and used another post here to write my Mac address found behind my battery using Terminal Emulator. And bam! my wifi isnt stuck in a loop trying to connect anymore.
18th April 2017, 06:18 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I got an IMEI number but the wifi dosent work, do I need to simply use TWRP to get official? then go back?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)