FORUMS

[6039] - ***GUIDE*** - How to return the fastboot commands on already upgraded device

367 posts
Thanks Meter: 274
 
By petrov.0, Senior Member on 14th September 2015, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Your warranty is void. I'm not responsible if your device is hard bricked by using the procedure below. The method described below has been tested on 6039Y, 6039S, 6039H (with the archives for 6039Y) and 6039K (with the 6039S archive) and is confirmed that it works.
What to expect on successful completion:
- you will have access to the fastboot commands (removed by the latest upgrade).
- you should be able to check for OTA updates and to download them, but you will not be able to install them.

What's needed:
-------------------
1. I hate when I must say this ... but ... a Windows PC.
2. QPST version 2.7.422 (you can find it on the net as 2.7 build 422). This is a link to one such version (found through Google). If there are problems with this link please let me know. I will try to find another one (you can do it yourself too).
3. Drivers in order the device to be recognized when is in Download mode. Install Mobile Upgrade Q 4.8.7 the necessary drivers are installed with it. It can be downloaded from here.
4. The files from the archives below. Please use the archive which is especially for your device ... in theory if you use the archive for different device (e.g. the archive for 6039S on 6039Y (with the standard partitions)) you should have a repartitioned device at the end, and only the resize2fs command should be enough to start to utilize the whole memory chip ... but you will loose the possibility to sweat a little bit when do the repartitioning by following the guide for it .
- 6039Y (8GB stock partition sizes) (md5sum: 860789bedb63da5c5976c24825c29d47)
- 6039Y (repartitioned by following the repartitioning guide) (md5sum: c2f8ff3cfc683e46fbf5d797103de71b)
- 6039S (md5sum: dfd04067230b5709729c70cac61ffd52)

How to proceed:
--------------------
1. Install all the necessary software.
2. Unpack the downloaded archive for your device.
3. Power off the device. Connect it with the USB cable to the PC. Wait the battery symbol to disappear and hold both volume keys and the power button. You should see a red screen with a warning sign and a scheme. Then hold the volume up button. The display will stay lit but nothing will be shown on it from now on until the end of the procedure.
4. When the device is in Download mode under the windows device manager -> Ports (COM & LPT) you should see Android HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COMXX)
5. Open the windows explorer and find the installation folder of QPST (mine is under Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST). From the bin sub-directory start QFIL as administrator.
6. In QFIL the COM port number as seen under the windows device manager should be selected automatically.
7. The rest must be done from QFIL:
- Programmer path: _____ - Click on the Browse button against it and from the extracted archive select prog_emmc_firehose_8916.mbn
- Search Path: _____ - if the path is not selected automatically after the programmer selection click on the Browse button against it and select the folder where the archive has been extracted.
- Load XML - click on it and first select rawprogram0.xml from the archive, then the patch0.xml file.
- Click on the Download button. The process should finish quickly (few seconds ... up to a minute). If everything is OK the phone will be restarted automatically and the fastboot commands will be available again.

(If you feel unsure to proceed or not but your device is already in download mode ... disconnect the USB cable and hold both volume keys and the power button to restart it).
Screenshots from QFIL is possible to be provided later ...
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to petrov.0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift petrov.0 Ad-Free
14th September 2015, 06:50 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 274
 
Donate to Me
More
Reserved....
14th September 2015, 07:06 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Alright I guess I'll be the guinea pig here.... Few questions beforehand:
I currently have the 6039Y version without having repartitioned... Using the repartitionned one would directly give me a repartitionned memory? Did I understand that correctly?
Did I dream about you saying that you might have a way to fix hard bricks? Because I might very well brick mine with my usual luck
About the updates... If there were any later OTA updates (I know it's unlikely) would there be a way to apply them still?
14th September 2015, 07:22 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 274
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorshan

Alright I guess I'll be the guinea pig here.... Few questions beforehand:
I currently have the 6039Y version without having repartitioned... Using the repartitionned one would directly give me a repartitionned memory? Did I understand that correctly?
Did I dream about you saying that you might have a way to fix hard bricks? Because I might very well brick mine with my usual luck

In theory yes, but is untested. Yes, hard bricks should be fixable with these tools and with slightly different files. But as this requires a full copy of the memory chip and for the moment I have such copy only from my device, I can recover only my device (or others which will become the same as mine ... this means radio, languages, apps etc. ).
Quote:

About the updates... If there were any later OTA updates (I know it's unlikely) would there be a way to apply them still?

Yes, but modified
Quote:

Edit: What do I do here? I guess a missing font file shouldn't bother me, but still I'd like some advice here

No idea ... try with ignore. I didn't have have any problems with mobile upgrade q.
14th September 2015, 07:46 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrov.0

In theory yes, but is untested. Yes, hard bricks should be fixable with these tools and with slightly different files. But as this requires a full copy of the memory chip and for the moment I have such copy only from my device, I can recover only my device (or others which will become the same as mine ... this means radio, languages, apps etc. ).

Yes, but modified

No idea ... try with ignore. I didn't have have any problems with mobile upgrade q.

Untested doesn't sound nice... I guess I'll go with the normal way and worry about the repartition afterwards.
I cancelled the install and reinstalled with no issue
I guess this is it. Either way I'll come here to cry, be it from joy or sadness/anger

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Well I'm done and my phone resetted just fine... I freaked for a minute when it took a bit longer than usual for my phone to pick up signal.
And......
Quote:

fastboot -i 0x1bbb devices
48fee072 fastboot

I haven't tried TWRP yet since I don't really know what version I should be using... Any idea @petrov.0 ?
14th September 2015, 07:49 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 274
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorshan

Untested doesn't sound nice... I guess I'll go with the normal way and worry about the repartition afterwards.
I cancelled the install and reinstalled with no issue
I guess this is it. Either way I'll come here to cry, be it from joy or sadness/anger

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Well I'm done and my phone resetted just fine... I freaked for a minute when it took a bit longer than usual for my phone to pick up signal.
And......


I haven't tried TWRP yet since I don't really know what version I should be using... Any idea @petrov.0 ?

For normal use (flashing) the latest from 12.09.2015. For the repartitioning boot with the one from the repartitioning thread.
14th September 2015, 08:08 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrov.0

For normal use (flashing) the latest from 12.09.2015. For the repartitioning boot with the one from the repartitioning thread.

Alright TWRP seems to work fine, I'm doing backups at the moment. Thank you so much! You're such a lifesaver. Quick last question... I think I'm going to root and repartition. Does it matter at all which I do first?
14th September 2015, 08:11 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 274
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorshan

Alright TWRP seems to work fine, I'm doing backups at the moment. Thank you so much! You're such a lifesaver. Quick last question... I think I'm going to root and repartition. Does it matter at all which I do first?

This question is for the other thread ... but no, it doesn't matter.
14th September 2015, 09:04 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Do you feel its safe to test this on 6039s?
14th September 2015, 09:09 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 274
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStealth

Do you feel its safe to test this on 6039s?

Well good question. The files for the S have been generated only on the base of the partition numbers (not their names) and their sizes ... they look the same as those on the Y but ... I think it's safe.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes