What to expect on successful completion:
- you will have access to the fastboot commands (removed by the latest upgrade).
- you should be able to check for OTA updates and to download them, but you will not be able to install them.
1. I hate when I must say this ... but ... a Windows PC.
2. QPST version 2.7.422 (you can find it on the net as 2.7 build 422). This is a link to one such version (found through Google). If there are problems with this link please let me know. I will try to find another one (you can do it yourself too).
3. Drivers in order the device to be recognized when is in Download mode. Install Mobile Upgrade Q 4.8.7 the necessary drivers are installed with it. It can be downloaded from here.
4. The files from the archives below. Please use the archive which is especially for your device ... in theory if you use the archive for different device (e.g. the archive for 6039S on 6039Y (with the standard partitions)) you should have a repartitioned device at the end, and only the resize2fs command should be enough to start to utilize the whole memory chip ... but you will loose the possibility to sweat a little bit when do the repartitioning by following the guide for it .
- 6039Y (8GB stock partition sizes) (md5sum: 860789bedb63da5c5976c24825c29d47)
- 6039Y (repartitioned by following the repartitioning guide) (md5sum: c2f8ff3cfc683e46fbf5d797103de71b)
- 6039S (md5sum: dfd04067230b5709729c70cac61ffd52)
How to proceed:
1. Install all the necessary software.
2. Unpack the downloaded archive for your device.
3. Power off the device. Connect it with the USB cable to the PC. Wait the battery symbol to disappear and hold both volume keys and the power button. You should see a red screen with a warning sign and a scheme. Then hold the volume up button. The display will stay lit but nothing will be shown on it from now on until the end of the procedure.
4. When the device is in Download mode under the windows device manager -> Ports (COM & LPT) you should see Android HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COMXX)
5. Open the windows explorer and find the installation folder of QPST (mine is under Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST). From the bin sub-directory start QFIL as administrator.
6. In QFIL the COM port number as seen under the windows device manager should be selected automatically.
7. The rest must be done from QFIL:
- Programmer path: _____ - Click on the Browse button against it and from the extracted archive select prog_emmc_firehose_8916.mbn
- Search Path: _____ - if the path is not selected automatically after the programmer selection click on the Browse button against it and select the folder where the archive has been extracted.
- Load XML - click on it and first select rawprogram0.xml from the archive, then the patch0.xml file.
- Click on the Download button. The process should finish quickly (few seconds ... up to a minute). If everything is OK the phone will be restarted automatically and the fastboot commands will be available again.
(If you feel unsure to proceed or not but your device is already in download mode ... disconnect the USB cable and hold both volume keys and the power button to restart it).
Screenshots from QFIL is possible to be provided later ...