[ROM][7.1.2][6045*-5.5"] LineageOS 14.1 - 20200226 build

138 posts
Thanks Meter: 269

By vknecht, Senior Member on 14th September 2018, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Based on Demetris' LOS 14.1, with :
  • Android security patch level updates, currently 2020-02-05
    1. tracking LA.BR.1.2.9 from CAF, currently 1.2.9_rb1.44
    2. WIP upstream with linux-stable, currently upgraded from 3.10.49 to 3.10.68 3.10.75
  • SELinux enabled (better security, SafetyNet & PlayStore should be ok, if not check @tess1 clear caches post )
  • 2018 fixes : MTP, battery consumption, camrecorder crash, wifi, OpenGL ES version, dualsim 6045K (update to MM first), lid & proximity sensor
  • known problems :
    • camrecording low brightness
    • mobile internet connectivity loss and battery drain after a while (days) : toggle airplane mode and back, or reboot
  • new problems : none known at the moment, but the ROM is not so thoroughly tested before publication
How to investigate and report problems :
  • sudo adb shell dmesg > dmesg.txt
  • sudo adb logcat > logcat.txt
  • sudo adb logcat -b radio > radio.txt
Credits : @FireLord, @Demetris, @Unjustified Dev and all the giants whose shoulders we stand upon !
Source code : Kernel | Device | Vendor trees | Local manifest : idol3.xml
Changes since previous build : see the build release post
Downloads : lineage-14.1-20200226-UNOFFICIAL-idol3.zip | other releases
Kernel alternative (cam might not work since 20190619 build) : overclocked kernel by @DepressedHedgehog
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vknecht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vknecht Ad-Free
14th September 2018, 05:15 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
17th September 2018, 07:06 PM |#3  
Flag Moncton
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Thanks a lot for sharing this build. Now that the method for restoring our phones to stock has been taken away from us, I'm hoping that more people will jump in and try to solve some of the few remaining issues with this ROM.

Personally I'd like to figure out why the Play Store is installing old versions of certain apps and listing other apps as being incompatible while they can be still sideloaded without any problem. I've found many threads on XDA with people complaining about the same issue but no solution that worked so far. Is this an issue with opengapps, or bad entries in the build.prop? I've compared with the original build.prop from stock 6.0.1 and tried changing values around but no success.

Also battery life seems a lot shorter with Nougat, and there is no way to find out which apps/processes are being power hungry as you have already pointed out.

Issues aside this ROM still makes this phone quite usable and stable compared with other ROM's I have tried so good job and I'm looking forward to testing out new builds.
The Following User Says Thank You to upyisfar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift upyisfar Ad-Free
18th September 2018, 01:19 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
new thread - we're open for business!
@vknecht once again, thanks for your continued efforts... I tried your Sept 12 release with opengapps Sept. 12 as well - the Play store continues to thwart our efforts in the same manner.
@upyisfar I found that the battery drain during sleep could be reduced to almost nil with the following settings:
- turn off WIFI during sleep - Settings-> WIFI -> Gear Icon -> Keep WIFI on during sleep -> change to....
- turn off Emergency Broadcasts - Settings -> ...More ->Emergency Broadcasts -> Uncheck all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tess1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tess1 Ad-Free
19th September 2018, 06:29 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
20180918 build : add ptt_socket_app for better wifi and battery
This was a complain in the logs, so added it from MM.
There are still batterystats related problems but there's a lead...:
Code:
09-19 15:14:35.466  1192  1344 E BatteryStatsService: no controller energy info supplied
09-19 15:14:35.748  1192  1212 E BatteryStatsService: power: Missing API
09-19 15:14:35.762  1192  1344 E BatteryStatsService: modem info is invalid: ModemActivityInfo{ mTimestamp=0 mSleepTimeMs=0 mIdleTimeMs=0 mTxTimeMs[]=[0, 0, 0, 0, 0] mRxTimeMs=0 mEnergyUsed=0}
Thanks @upyisfar @tess1 for the feedback, keep us posted with your findings...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vknecht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vknecht Ad-Free
19th September 2018, 11:29 PM |#6  

More
@vknecht
1. Just tried something... reinstalled 7/18 build where all of the play store program installations were working and then overlayed it with OTA 9/18 which then led to PLay Store blocking installation of many apps ("device isn't compatable" error) - I recall that the build after 7/18 included 25 fixes/commits. Not easy to track it down but could the problem be from one of those fixes/commits?

2. The proximity sensor (tsl2772-ps) error was earlier reported as either missing a driver or needing a shim. Is this a file that can be pulled from Marshmallow and put into this ROM?

Battery updates to follow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tess1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tess1 Ad-Free
20th September 2018, 06:54 PM |#7  
Flag Moncton
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vknecht

This was a complain in the logs, so added it from MM.
There are still batterystats related problems but there's a lead...:

Interesting. How do we know if those changes were merged into the LineageOS's code repo?

Quote:

[*]SELinux enabled (helps with safetynet basicIntegrity test ; also better security, but some glitches here and there)[*]new problems : probably due to SELinux now in "enforce" mode, like battery stats

I've installed your new build last night and I've set my kernel to run in permissive mode (Magisk SELinux Manager module) and safetynet basicIntegrity test still passes just so you know. Battery life now feels more comparable to what I get in stock MM. Not sure if this due to SELinux being switched to permissive or the the changes that you have made.

What build environment are you using to build your ROM's, I'm trying to build on Debian stable following your instructions here and keep getting compilation errors.
The Following User Says Thank You to upyisfar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift upyisfar Ad-Free
20th September 2018, 08:05 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tess1

@vknecht
1. Just tried something... reinstalled 7/18 build where all of the play store program installations were working and then overlayed it with OTA 9/18 which then led to PLay Store blocking installation of many apps ("device isn't compatable" error) - I recall that the build after 7/18 included 25 fixes/commits. Not easy to track it down but could the problem be from one of those fixes/commits?

I thought the 20180905 build ruled out the august kernel updates as the breaker but in fact I should and will retry kernel from july with SELinux enabled ; if it's still not OK then I guess the cause is LOS august update...

Quote:

2. The proximity sensor (tsl2772-ps) error was earlier reported as either missing a driver or needing a shim. Is this a file that can be pulled from Marshmallow and put into this ROM?

iiuc the hint is that we need either a HAL/framework wrapper OR reuse stock Lollipop driver+shim.
I'm sorry I don't know much about this low-level androidy stuff yet and don't have much time atm to focus on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vknecht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vknecht Ad-Free
20th September 2018, 09:56 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by upyisfar

Interesting. How do we know if those changes were merged into the LineageOS's code repo?

I think if it was in LOS it should appear here : https://github.com/LineageOS/android...4.1/ext4_utils

Quote:
Originally Posted by upyisfar

I've installed your new build last night and I've set my kernel to run in permissive mode (Magisk SELinux Manager module) and safetynet basicIntegrity test still passes just so you know. Battery life now feels more comparable to what I get in stock MM. Not sure if this due to SELinux being switched to permissive or the the changes that you have made.

What build environment are you using to build your ROM's, I'm trying to build on Debian stable following your instructions here and keep getting compilation errors.

I'm using Fedora 28 ; note that you'd have to update the local manifest ($ANDROID_ROOT/.repo/local_manifests/idol3.xml) using given kernel/device/vendor trees as linked in OP, so at the moment it should look like :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
	<project name="vknecht/android_device_alcatel_idol3"      	        path="device/alcatel/idol3"					remote="github" revision="fix-ptt_socket_app" />
	<project name="vknecht/android_kernel_alcatel_msm8916"      	        path="kernel/alcatel/msm8916"					remote="github" revision="upstream-lxstable-cafrb144" />
	<project name="vknecht/proprietary_vendor_alcatel"       		path="vendor/alcatel" 						remote="github" revision="fix-ptt_socket_app" />
	<project name="LineageOS/android_device_qcom_common"               	path="device/qcom/common" 					remote="github" revision="cm-14.1" />
</manifest>
(to use july kernel change revision to "upstream-lxstable").

For idol3 build environment setup help, feel free to send me private messages or join #idol3 on Freenode, or maybe even create a thread, for the more we are able to build, the better...
21st September 2018, 12:10 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

I thought the 20180905 build ruled out the august kernel updates as the breaker but in fact I should and will retry kernel from july with SELinux enabled ; if it's still not OK then I guess the cause is LOS august update...

iiuc the hint is that we need either a HAL/framework wrapper OR reuse stock Lollipop driver+shim.
I'm sorry I don't know much about this low-level androidy stuff yet and don't have much time atm to focus on it.

1 Just tried the 9/05 build --> same play store issue --> August updates maybe problematic

2 Fair enough... I don't know enough but am willing to beta test along the way

It is all in progress...
21st September 2018, 08:25 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

1 Just tried the 9/05 build --> same play store issue --> August updates maybe problematic

2 Fair enough... I don't know enough but am willing to beta test along the way

It is all in progress...

I've tried the july 3.10.68 kernel (used in 20180718 and 20180905 builds) with current device/vendor trees, and still G compat problems, so it leaves the Android/LineageOS diffs from 2018-06-05 to 2018-08-05 patch levels (afaik there was no 2018-07-05 for LOS 14.1 and there's no 2018-09-05 yet).
The Following User Says Thank You to vknecht For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vknecht Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
idol 3 6045, idol3 update, idol3lives

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)