This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
This is for Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 Only..
For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.
1. Rooted OneTouch Idol 3 (any ROM)
2. Terminal Emulator app
STEPS to create splash.img:
Before proceeding, make sure fastboot is setup properly in your computer (just incase something goes wrong)..
1. For Idol 3 4.7 inch variant, make sure you have a picture in PNG format with resolution exactly 720x1280px.
For Idol 3 5.5 inch variant, make sure you have a picture in PNG format with resolution 1080x1920px or lower.
For 5.5 inch variants, OneTouch Idol 3 has a fixed frame buffer size of 1MB for splash image, so only very light-weight pictures should be used.
It's recommended to use picture with 3 or 2 colors only, like Black & White pictures.
So you'll have to try many pictures till you get a successful one.
Here's an example.
2. Download & Extract this:
For 4.7 inch variants: Idol_3_4.7inch_Splash_Maker.zip (thanks to @persona78 who created this for 4.7inch idol 3)
For 5.5 inch variants: Idol_3_5.5inch_Splash_Maker.zip
3. Now rename your picture as logo.png & replace it inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder.
4. Finally, run the 'CREATE_LOGO.bat' to create splash.img , which you can find inside the "output" folder after completion.
For 5.5inch variants, you might get an error like "PICTURE IS LARGE IN SIZE" if it's not possible to create a logo with that picture.
In that case, try any one of these below:
a. Try compressPNG.com to reduce no. of colors in PNG picture.
Upload your picture, click Settings, reduce number of colors to 2, Apply & download it & try again.
b. Reduce the picture resolution.
For example, this picture can edited to something like this.
(Hope you understand what I say)
c. Try some other picture.
STEPS to flash splash.img:
0. Optional: Backup your original stock splash.img by the command:
su dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash of=/sdcard/splash_backup.img
1. Transfer the splash.img that you created to your device's Internal Storage.
2. Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
su dd if=/sdcard/splash.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash
Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, flash the stock splash.img from fastboot like:
fastboot flash splash splash.img
1. @persona78 who provided the splash.img for 4.7inch variant and modified the tool..
2. @GokulNC (myself ) who wrote this script
3. Based on logo_gen.py script
Hit the Thanks button if it worked for you
You're welcome to post the splash images that you created..