FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[6045*] [TWRP] custom recovery 2.8.7.0

1,871 posts
Thanks Meter: 816

By DallasCZ, Senior Member on 22nd July 2015, 07:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
TWRP 2.8.7.0 custom recovery
thanx to user @Unjustified Dev we have TWRP custom recovery for our phone.
download HERE
So anyone who download the TWRP should send him a dollar for beer or at least thank him!
Of course you do everything on your own!
To test before installation (linux users need sudo before fastboot):
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1bbb boot twrp-2.8.7.0-idol3.img
To install (linux users need sudo before fastboot):
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1bbb flash recovery twrp-2.8.7.0-idol3.img
!BEFORE YOU START, PLEASE READ THIS!
And don´t forget to thank Famewolf for the tutorial, because this could save your phone when something go bad!
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to DallasCZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DallasCZ Ad-Free
22nd July 2015, 09:03 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Thanks, tried it. It worked.

I also just installed SU directly, bypassing the previous root thread.

1. Download the .zip package from here: https://download.chainfire.eu/696/Su...erSU-v2.46.zip
2. Put it on the root of my SD card.
3. In TWRP click install and find the .zip.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hatcyl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hatcyl Ad-Free
22nd July 2015, 10:07 AM |#3  
Flag Paris area
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
Wonderful. Just a question: is this recovery for Idol 3 4.7 (6039) or 5.5 (6045) ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gynoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gynoid Ad-Free
22nd July 2015, 10:13 AM |#4  
Flag Toulouse
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gynoid

Wonderful. Just a question: is this recovery for Idol 3 4.7 (6039) or 5.5 (6045) ?

It's for 6045. For 4.7 TWRP, see this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=18
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frankee207 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frankee207 Ad-Free
22nd July 2015, 10:24 AM |#5  
Flag Paris area
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
Thanks!
22nd July 2015, 10:36 AM |#6  
Las Vegas NV
Thanks Meter: 79

More
is it functional for backing up our system in TWRP?
22nd July 2015, 10:40 AM |#7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Memphis , TN
Thanks Meter: 13,261

Donate to Me
More
@DallasCZ could you please provide the original link to TWRP. That was a bit unfair to upload it elsewhere as I tend to track the number of downloads.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unjustified Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2015, 10:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,317

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko702

is it functional for backing up our system in TWRP?

Yes although to my knowledge noone has actually done a restore yet. He's fixing some minor bugs and will be releasing a new version at some point.
The Following User Says Thank You to famewolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift famewolf Ad-Free
22nd July 2015, 10:51 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mikulov

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf

Yes although to my knowledge noone has actually done a restore yet. He's fixing some minor bugs and will be releasing a new version at some point.

i am in touch with the dev and allready downloading the new build..will be soon on my google drive
22nd July 2015, 10:56 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mikulov

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unjustified Dev

@DallasCZ could you please provide the original link to TWRP. That was a bit unfair to upload it elsewhere as I tend to track the number of downloads.

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

sorry, i corrected the link...
The Following User Says Thank You to DallasCZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DallasCZ Ad-Free
22nd July 2015, 12:43 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,317

Donate to Me
More
Convert TWRP Backup into flashable rom zip
I found these instructions that explain how to take a TWRP backup and turn it into a flashable zip file. This would allow someone to create a "factory" rom pre-rooted to be flashed.

For TWRP Backup

Transfer the TWRP backup from Phone to PC.
You’ll see a file named system.ext4.win which is the System partition backup of your device. Rename it to system.ext4.tar (Changing its extension from .win to .tar)
Extract the system.ext4.tar using an archive software like Winrar or 7zip.
If your TWRP backup is not in compression mode, you will directly get the system folder, else you will get a file named system.ext4, which should be renamed again to system.ext4.tar and extract it to get the system folder.
Take the boot.emmc.win file and rename it to boot.img.
Now collect a META-INF folder from any custom ROM which is made for your device. Make sure you get the correct Meta-Inf folder, else the Zip won’t work and might worsen the condition of your device.
Select the META-INF, System folders and the boot.img and right click your mouse and select add to Archive.
In the Archive settings, choose the extension of the compressed file as Zip (Make sure of this part)

Now you can use this Zip file to flash it on your Custom recovery.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to famewolf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift famewolf Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)