FORUMS

View Poll Results: Do you have a success with installing TWRP and get root?

Yes. I'm succefully get root.

31 Vote(s)
48.44%
No. Have some problems.

33 Vote(s)
51.56%

[HOWTO] IDOL 4 6055. Installing TWRP recovery & get root access.

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 226

Post Reply Email Thread
How to install TWRP recovery on Idol 4 6055?

1. Go to the Sahara & Firehose Test (Alcatel Flasher oncoming ...) thread and carefully read the topic. After that download the latest version of tool and unpack it in the separate folder.
2. Install Alcatel Qualcomm drivers. Better way to do it is to install Mobile Upgrade Q utility from Alcatel's support section. It will install all needed drivers automatically.
3. Turn your phone in download mode. To do this connect the powered off phone to PC via USB-cable and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until you get this screen:

After - press Volume up button to enter download mode.
4. Download the TWRP recovery image from here - twrp_recovery_idol4_6055.img. This recovery is based on latest 7.0-branch sources from Omni git and fully support (i spent a lot of time time to get this work) of userdata partition decryption. So, if your phone is protected by password or digital PIN - you will be able access your data from TWRP, also you will be able access to Adopted Storage encrypted flash. For all users who interesting - here is a device tree for TWRP building on 6055.
5. Launch Sahara & Firehose Test:

6. Choose your device model (1), in our case this is Alcatel Idol 4 5.2" (OT-6055).
7. Press Detect (2) button, program will detect all COM-ports in system. Choose COM-port (3) with the name Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (in your case name of device can be different, it depends on version of your drivers, you should choose COM-port with the name containing 9008).
8. Press NPRG (4) button to load Firehose Programmer. If all succeded, in the log window (5) you should see something like that:
Code:
18.09.2016 2:43:52: Start Download NPRG ....
18.09.2016 2:43:52: offset[0],len[52]
18.09.2016 2:43:52: offset[102400],len[4096]
18.09.2016 2:43:52: offset[106496],len[3044]
18.09.2016 2:43:52: SAHARA_END_IMAGE_TX_ID received

0000: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  *................*

18.09.2016 2:43:53: Send done command

0000: 06 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00              *............    *

9. Press Get GPT (6) button. As a result you should see partition table (7). If filling partition table succeded - you can continue. All next steps required filled GPT.
10. According to Sahara & Firehose Test (Alcatel Flasher) manual - before you proceed any writing procedure (before you try to flash any partition) it's strongly recommended to test read function. First of all let's try to backup our stock recovery. To do this in partition table (7) check the checkbox on recovery partition and set-up the file name where it'll be saved. For example, name can be - recovery.img. Do backup by pressing (9) Read button. If backup is succeded you should get the recovery.img file containing your stock recovery. Size of this file for Idol 4 should be near ~64 Mb.
11. If previous step is done and you get backup of your recovery image, now you can flash TWRP. Choose in (10) twrp_recovery_idol4_6055.img image and press (11) Write button.
12. After you press Write you will see a "last warning" choose "No" if you wanna flash selected partition, or "Yes" - to cancel the operation. If you press "No" flasher will immediatelly starts to write selected partitions into a phone.

Congratz ! Now you was flashed TWRP recovery. There is no automatically reboot the phone after flashing. To enter TWRP just hold Volume Up button and press Power. Wait for TWRP recovery is loading, when you see TWRP logo - release Volume Up button.

Hope this small manual will help you ... It also available in other languages. Check this for russian version, or this for french version.

How to install root on Idol 4 6055?

Flash the latest SuperSU zip from chainfire.eu via TWRP in systemless mode.

Useful links:

FAQ

Q. I have a Idol 4 6055U from Cricket. Is this instruction work on Cricket devices?
A. Unfortunatelly no, 6055U from Cricket little bit different from others (6055K, 6055P, ...), so, if u have device from Cricket - you will not able to use this. Cricket's 6055U is not supported current.

Q. I have a bootloop after exit from TWRP, what should i do?
A. This is known problem, boot in TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik cache from it. Also, make sure that you used latests SuperSU.zip from chainfire.eu ... Current latest version is a SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to DeckerSU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeckerSU Ad-Free
23rd October 2016, 03:04 PM |#2  
Flag Pointe-à-Pitre
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Thanks @DeckerSU for the tool and for the how-to guide!
The Following User Says Thank You to sebbync For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sebbync Ad-Free
23rd October 2016, 03:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 566

More
Thank you for all your effort. Would it be risky and desperate to try all this with my 4S??
The Following User Says Thank You to mshinni80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mshinni80 Ad-Free
23rd October 2016, 03:11 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshinni80

Thank you for all your effort. Would it be risky and desperate to try all this with my 4S??

Idol 4S 6070 is not supported. You shouldn't try anything of this on 4S, because it's different from Idol 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeckerSU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeckerSU Ad-Free
23rd October 2016, 03:18 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 566

More
Of course I wouldn't try it. Is just, according to your latest post you will take some time off, since there weren't much donations, so it means no root for the 4S in the near future. I really would love to donate at least 20 euros, coz this root means a lot to me. But I can't be solely responsible for your purchase of this device... I guess, we'll see what's coming. Anyway, thank you for what you did, this is really appreciated!
23rd October 2016, 04:32 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
On step 8, loading Firehouse with NPRG, the program continually freezes and doesn't respond. Does this step take a bit of time to complete? Judging from your log times it should be seconds, not minutes? Thank you for releasing an updated version of your tool. I hope the community continues to donate and show support for your work.
23rd October 2016, 04:55 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeckerSU

Idol 4S 6070 is not supported. You shouldn't try anything of this on 4S, because it's different from Idol 4.

It was my understanding this tool was still just in conceptual test stage? Is this now fully working for Idol 3 (6045I variant). And works with stock MM rom without need to have fastboot? If tool is working what are limitations?? Can backup be made of all stock partitions?? If yes, this is wonderful and I will donate to future development. I had no idea progress had been made, I thought it was all just theory that was being tested.
23rd October 2016, 04:56 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Does this work on 6055p , The 3gb variant.
23rd October 2016, 04:57 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms262c

On step 8, loading Firehouse with NPRG, the program continually freezes and doesn't respond.

Make sure you choose correct phone model from the list on step 6 ... also, you could try it at other PC or other USB controller. Common solution for this:

1. Check that you have selected correct phone model. If don't - unplug USB cable, turn your device in download mode again (this is important step) and try again.
2. Check that you haven't any other software that can possibly interacts with COM ports running. For example, you should close any 3G/4G modem dashboard and other stuff like that before you begin.
3. Try to do the same steps on other PC / other USB-controller. For example, if you are using USB 3.0 port, try to use USB 2.0.
23rd October 2016, 05:00 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydd

Works on 6055p?

Yep, of course. Here is the "success story", user @sebbync already was tested this with his 6055P.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeckerSU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeckerSU Ad-Free
23rd October 2016, 05:10 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal250

It was my understanding this tool was still just in conceptual test stage? Is this now fully working for Idol 3 (6045I variant). And works with stock MM rom without need to have fastboot? If tool is working what are limitations?? Can backup be made of all stock partitions?? If yes, this is wonderful and I will donate to future development. I had no idea progress had been made, I thought it was all just theory that was being tested.

1. It is not in "conceptual test stage", it is working tool.
2. It supports Idol 3 6045. About 6045L - test it and post the report in tool thread.
3. Yes, it works with the device without fastboot, it's a low-level flasher. Read the following topic to learn what is it.
4. There is only one limitation - you can read/write only boot and recovery partitions.
5. Yes, you can make backup of your boot or recovery partition.
6. If you like this tool - you can donate, otherwise - no actions required. I don't promise anything ... i don't know will i return to that project or not.
7. Read first item of this list ... this is not "theory", this is working tool that supports 3 phone models at current release (6039, 6045, 6055).

p.s. You shouldn't ask any questions about Sahara & Firehose Test tool here, better to follow the tool thread and ask them there if have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeckerSU For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeckerSU Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)