[HOWTO] IDOL 4 6055. Installing TWRP recovery & get root access.

Do you have a success with installing TWRP and get root?

• Yes. I'm succefully get root.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • No. Have some problems.

Votes: 33 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

kireflow90

Dec 3, 2014
Difference is not ony in hardware, but it seems to me in software too ... Unfortunatelly, i haven't any Cricket devices here and can't "see" it in hands.

ah okay. I wish I knew how to pull logs and stuff so I could help out in some way. Then again I guess I need the phone first lol

GrzegorzL

Sep 22, 2013
Reda
With the help of decker.su I managed to take root in the phone P. 6055 I had a problem with flashing TWRP and now it seems simple but you need to hold down volume up and power until the logo.

Last edited:

tonydd

Jul 15, 2007
Still some bloat I can't find to delete. Titanium backup won't do it. Best option i guess is to disable and hide ie fyuse, VR store, games

adz63

Aug 11, 2010
London/Surrey
Still some bloat I can't find to delete. Titanium backup won't do it. Best option i guess is to disable and hide ie fyuse, VR store, games
5059f8b296c9f5d31d863967f6789e66.jpg

Use that. It worked for me

Sent from my 6055P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: tonydd

Flat6-44

Mar 6, 2010
Hello,

Here is my feedback :

Idol 4 6055K, laptop with WIN 7 Home Premium, Mobile upgrade Q installed.
- Phone found on COM11 : Android HS USB QD loader 9008.
- NPRG : OK
- GET GPT : OK
- "recovery" : checked, path to save recovery image set.

Process hangs, recovery.img file has been partially (!) created ; size is 16 Kb
Any idea ?
For my information, how much time is needed to get the recovery.img (~64Mb) ?

Thanks for your help,

Flat6

savinjo22

Oct 26, 2012
Podgorica
How should i understand "Bootloop after twrp"? After flashing TWRP, after entering TWRP and reboot, after some actions in TWRP? Restore your device to a factory state with Mobile Upgrade Q application and try again.

p.s. If u are have password protected device (i.e. digital pin or password) to install SuperSU.zip you must input a correct password for data partition decrypt. Also, if u have old version of SuperSU that can't be installed in systemless mode - you are 99.9% able to get a bootloop. For Idol 4 6055 and Android 6.0 SuperSU must be installed only in systemless mode.
I tried 3 times , every time the same , when I flash twrp and enter in it , allow modification without installing super su i get bootloop??

DeckerSU

Jan 10, 2014
www.decker.su
I tried 3 times , every time the same , when I flash twrp and enter in it , allow modification without installing super su i get bootloop??
Read FAQ in the first post please:

Q. I have a bootloop after exit from TWRP, what should i do?
A. This is known problem, boot in TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik cache from it. Also, make sure that you used latests SuperSU.zip from chainfire.eu ... Current latest version is a SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip.

Reactions: savinjo22

savinjo22

Oct 26, 2012
Podgorica
Read FAQ in the first post please:

A. This is known problem, boot in TWRP and wipe cache and dalvik cache from it. Also, make sure that you used latests SuperSU.zip from chainfire.eu ... Current latest version is a SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip.
I'll try , thanks

DeckerSU

Jan 10, 2014
www.decker.su
Process hangs, recovery.img file has been partially (!) created ; size is 16 Kb
Any idea ? For my information, how much time is needed to get the recovery.img (~64Mb) ?
Try to use other PC or other USB controller (for example, USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0 or vice versa). Reading process should take 30-60 seconds (not more). If u are have problems with reading / make a backup of stock recovery - you can try to flash TWRP and skip this step. In any ways, even if flashing failed by some reasons, stock recovery will be recovered after you boot into a system. Also, you can use Mobile Upgrade Q in every time to restore your device to a factory state.

p.s. 2All: Seems we need some statistics to determine the problem with reading partitions. Small report like below seems to be enought:
1. Phone model (6055K / 6055P / ... )
2. OS (Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10) version ... x86 or x64
3. Name and model of motherboard and USB controller

p.p.s. I was tried my own app on three different PC's and two different phones (6055K and 6039Y). There is no any problem with reading partitions. But according to some user's replies here - problem with reading sometimes appears. Currently there is no idea why it can happens, because of phone, or because of PC hardware configuration. Need more reports (success or fail).

Last edited:

acterhd

Aug 5, 2013
I got root.
First load Mobile Upgrade Q, from this program install drivers... I killed 30 minutes, and got root in my Idol 4.

tonydd

Jul 15, 2007
Getting System update 6.0.1-010.03 notification

Anyway to Install it or just forget it?
I could un root but I'm not sure if the update breaks anything.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install TWRP recovery on Idol 4 6055?

1. Go to the Sahara & Firehose Test (Alcatel Flasher oncoming ...) thread and carefully read the topic. After that download the latest version of tool and unpack it in the separate folder.
    2. Install Alcatel Qualcomm drivers. Better way to do it is to install Mobile Upgrade Q utility from Alcatel's support section. It will install all needed drivers automatically.
    3. Turn your phone in download mode. To do this connect the powered off phone to PC via USB-cable and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons until you get this screen:
    downoad_mode.jpg

After - press Volume up button to enter download mode.
    4. Download the TWRP recovery image from here - twrp_recovery_idol4_6055.img. This recovery is based on latest 7.0-branch sources from Omni git and fully support (i spent a lot of time time to get this work) of userdata partition decryption. So, if your phone is protected by password or digital PIN - you will be able access your data from TWRP, also you will be able access to Adopted Storage encrypted flash. For all users who interesting - here is a device tree for TWRP building on 6055.
    5. Launch Sahara & Firehose Test:
    alcatel_flasher.jpg

6. Choose your device model (1), in our case this is Alcatel Idol 4 5.2" (OT-6055).
    7. Press Detect (2) button, program will detect all COM-ports in system. Choose COM-port (3) with the name Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (in your case name of device can be different, it depends on version of your drivers, you should choose COM-port with the name containing 9008).
    8. Press NPRG (4) button to load Firehose Programmer. If all succeded, in the log window (5) you should see something like that:
    Code:
    18.09.2016 2:43:52: Start Download NPRG ....
    18.09.2016 2:43:52: offset[0],len[52]
    18.09.2016 2:43:52: offset[102400],len[4096]
    18.09.2016 2:43:52: offset[106496],len[3044]
    18.09.2016 2:43:52: SAHARA_END_IMAGE_TX_ID received

0000: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  *................*

18.09.2016 2:43:53: Send done command

0000: 06 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00              *............    *
    9. Press Get GPT (6) button. As a result you should see partition table (7). If filling partition table succeded - you can continue. All next steps required filled GPT.
    10. According to Sahara & Firehose Test (Alcatel Flasher) manual - before you proceed any writing procedure (before you try to flash any partition) it's strongly recommended to test read function. First of all let's try to backup our stock recovery. To do this in partition table (7) check the checkbox on recovery partition and set-up the file name where it'll be saved. For example, name can be - recovery.img. Do backup by pressing (9) Read button. If backup is succeded you should get the recovery.img file containing your stock recovery. Size of this file for Idol 4 should be near ~64 Mb.
    11. If previous step is done and you get backup of your recovery image, now you can flash TWRP. Choose in (10) twrp_recovery_idol4_6055.img image and press (11) Write button.
    12. After you press Write you will see a "last warning" choose "No" if you wanna flash selected partition, or "Yes" - to cancel the operation. If you press "No" flasher will immediatelly starts to write selected partitions into a phone.

Congratz ! Now you was flashed TWRP recovery. There is no automatically reboot the phone after flashing. To enter TWRP just hold Volume Up button and press Power. Wait for TWRP recovery is loading, when you see TWRP logo - release Volume Up button.

Hope this small manual will help you ... It also available in other languages. Check this for russian version, or this for french version.

How to install root on Idol 4 6055?

Flash the latest SuperSU zip from chainfire.eu via TWRP in systemless mode.

Useful links:

FAQ

Q. I have a Idol 4 6055U from Cricket. Is this instruction work on Cricket devices?
    A. Unfortunatelly no, 6055U from Cricket little bit different from others (6055K, 6055P, ...), so, if u have device from Cricket - you will not able to use this. Cricket's 6055U is not supported current.

Hello @DeckerSU and all of you!
    I have a VFD900 (Vodafone Platinum 7) which is basically a rebranded idol 4S.
    I've already had so many phones (Android) through many years, can say that on all of them (except this phone) I've rooted they're system.
    Been testing root methods since the days of the LG P500.
    I must say, this is the first and last Alcatel phone I'll buy.
    First of all, I never saw Xda with so much confusion about these Alcatel models (idol 3, idol 4, idol 4S,) all mixed in the same bag.
    2nd. I'm from the days that a simple update.zip in the original recovery on the hardest rooting phone was possible, everyone had to test, everyone could help by sending logcats, original firmwares, kernels, etc so they could be modified as updates.
    Used to test so many stuff from excellent Devs like Ricardo Cerqueira and Francisco Franco (conterain fellas) and everything is successful in Android by testing in community.
    3rd. On this brand I can only see one person, been asked so many times by so many people with so many phone variations how to root. This is crazy.
    So to devs, or @DeckerSU, is it possible to help you by providing anything from the Alcatel phone that you don't have to test, so you can modify?
    A firmware, a buidprop, an OTA update, a kernel?

In my case I can live for now without TWRP, I just want to unlock bootloader and root, because​as far as I can see, there won't be any ROM released to this phone. Not enough devs are "playing" with these phones.
    BTW, to the thread OPs! It's about time we have a separate thread for each model. Starting by sharing the PC tools to soft repair the phones.
    Hope I didn't offend anyone and hope I can help in anyway ​possible.
    Thank you all
    No issues at all!

Everyone this DOES absolutely work. Very very simple and short tutorial. I rooted in about 15 minutes (not including backing up all my files to cloud storage because i tend to clear my phone when i root just to be sure nothing interferes. I am so happy that this has finally come out and am back to a rooted phone :D
    Derek, I just wanted to thank you so much for all your work. I do not have money currently to donate but I definitely will donate in the very near future.
    I had the same problem , try to do wiping once again .

Do you have superSU already instaled? or just twrp ?? if only twrp, then put superSU.zip on sd from your computer, put back sd into your mobile, then boot into twrp and instal superSU.zip file then do wiping.

It worked on my mobile.
    It was my understanding this tool was still just in conceptual test stage? Is this now fully working for Idol 3 (6045I variant). And works with stock MM rom without need to have fastboot? If tool is working what are limitations?? Can backup be made of all stock partitions?? If yes, this is wonderful and I will donate to future development. I had no idea progress had been made, I thought it was all just theory that was being tested.
    1. It is not in "conceptual test stage", it is working tool.
    2. It supports Idol 3 6045. About 6045L - test it and post the report in tool thread.
    3. Yes, it works with the device without fastboot, it's a low-level flasher. Read the following topic to learn what is it.
    4. There is only one limitation - you can read/write only boot and recovery partitions.
    5. Yes, you can make backup of your boot or recovery partition.
    6. If you like this tool - you can donate, otherwise - no actions required. I don't promise anything ... i don't know will i return to that project or not.
    7. Read first item of this list ... this is not "theory", this is working tool that supports 3 phone models at current release (6039, 6045, 6055).

p.s. You shouldn't ask any questions about Sahara & Firehose Test tool here, better to follow the tool thread and ask them there if have.