FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q&A] [ODIN][UCLB3] AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread with root and CWM recovery option - Infus

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By QA Bot, Guest on 6th January 2015, 01:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Q&A for [ODIN][UCLB3] AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread with root and CWM recovery option - Infuse 4g

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ODIN][UCLB3] AT&T 2.3.6 Gingerbread with root and CWM recovery option - Infuse 4g. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!

6th January 2015, 01:02 AM |#2  

More
Need gb bootloader for Samsung Infuse (Rainbow'd recovery)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott30

Hi all, I've had a change in philosophy about handling Gingerbread bootloaders in these packages. So, I'm going to take these packages down until I repack them without the boot.bin and Sbl.bin. I'll post a separate option for getting Gingerbread bootloaders, with some instructions and warning about the risks that come with flashing them.

There has been a lot of talk on here recently about bootloaders, mainly because folks wanted Gingerbread bootloaders to clear up the issue of seeing rainbows in recovery when flashing Gingerbread or ICS roms.

The bootloader is pretty much the base software that boots your phone into the operating system. If something happens to cause a flash of this bootloader to fail, then you do run the risk of bricking your phone. Because, without that bootloader, nothing is going to load on your phone. Mess it up, and you have a nice paperweight.

That said, to clear up some confusion, bootloaders themselves aren't bad. You need them to boot your operating system. Gingerbread bootloaders are desirable to boot Gingerbread and ICS roms on our phones because they were designed to do that - and do that without rainbow bugs that people see when they stay with Froyo bootloaders.

You had best know what you are doing when you flash them, however, and it isn't advisable to flash them over and over without good reason.

Personally, I haven't had a failed Odin flash yet. All it takes is one time, though, to have a bad flash, even for someone who can do this stuff in their sleep.

It's late now, and I have a graduation to attend in the morning. So, I'll post some updated packages later on Saturday. I'll include a new package with some extra goodies like extended power menu, extra lock screens, and CRT animation. And while there will still be a standalone option to get GB bootloaders, the rooted UCLB3 packages won't include the bootloaders.

I'm late to the party, but wanting to recover my rainbow'd Infuse when I tried to flash CM9. Can someone post a working link to the appropriate .rar file that Jscott30 originally put in the FAQ for this thread?

Much obliged.
6th January 2015, 11:53 PM |#3  

More
Need gb bootloader for Samsung Infuse
Can someone please post a fresh link to the gb bootloader? I have a Samsung Infuse that has rainbow'd recovery and gets into the logo loop.

Much obliged.
8th May 2015, 04:25 AM |#4  

More
no file found
the file sharing website has removed the files can u please give an alternative
26th June 2015, 10:54 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My main issue is to get the Gingerbread bootloaders, it is blocking anything I do.

Would you also still have access to those bootloaders and be able to share them again for Samsung Infuse, like they are described in the original thread ? :

"1.) I have rainbow distortion in recovery or in the boot animation. How can I get Gingerbread bootloaders to fix this?:

You can download THIS .rar file, extract using 7zip, and flash the tar.md5 package in Odin (use the pda slot). Flashing Gingerbread bootloaders will correct rainbow distortion in recovery and in the boot animation. "

Thanks in advance,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)