My Samsung Infuse 4G Can't Flash Custom ROMs, Recoverys or Kernels

Search This thread

RJinxed

Jun 9, 2015
My Samsung Infuse 4G can't flash anything!?

So, I have an Infuse 4G and I wanted to update it to either Jellybean or Kitkat.
I found tons of ROM that I wanted to try but I gotta install CWM first and here's the problem:
LITERALLY NOTHING WORKS.
CUSTOM KERNELS DOESN'T WORK.
ROM PACKAGES WITH CWM DOESN'T WORK.
MODIFIED 3E RECOVERY DOESN'T WORK.
SGS KERNEL FLASHER DOESN'T WORK

:crying::crying::crying:

ACTUALLY, EVEN ROMS DOESN'T WORK.
WHETHER STOCK ROM OR STOCK MODIFIED.

Here's the funny part: LITERALLY NOTHING WORKS EXCEPT UCLB3 and UXG3. :rolleyes:
(UCLB3 with PACKAGES DOESN'T WORK)

I tried other stock roms but no luck. :(
PLEASE HELP! BTW what I mean to say is... UCLB3 and UXKG3 are the only roms
THAT CAN PASS THROUGH THE SAMSUNG LOGO. :crying:

Reactions: LuciusRJ

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
So, I have an Infuse 4G and I wanted to update it to either Jellybean or Kitkat.
I found tons of ROM that I wanted to try but I gotta install CWM first and here's the problem:
LITERALLY NOTHING WORKS.

Here's the funny part: LITERALLY NOTHING WORKS EXCEPT UCLB3 and UXG3. :rolleyes:

Hello, :)

What process did you follow for all these ROMs? Did you start with CM9 first (after installing CWM)?

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca

jonny517

Aug 29, 2015
I only had the Rogers version which I rooted through Odin image. That method should have work for you as well (choose option C), but if you are coming from froyo, root is all you can do at this point it seems.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD

What do u mean root is all I can do? Are u referring to not being able to unlock the boot loader?

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
What do u mean root is all I can do? Are u referring to not being able to unlock the boot loader?

If coming from Froyo, then you will have the Froyo bootloader, which is no good with CWM. You end up with this.

Apparently even Odin'ing a GB stock image doesn't change the bootloader. Worse, a GB bootloader is no longer available for download (link long dead).

Sorry.

Reactions: jonny517

jonny517

Aug 29, 2015
If coming from Froyo, then you will have the Froyo bootloader, which is no good with CWM. You end up with this.

Apparently even Odin'ing a GB stock image doesn't change the bootloader. Worse, a GB bootloader is no longer available for download (link long dead).

Sorry.

Np

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

I did GB ota. Is that good?

OfficerJimLahey

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2014
Sunnyvale
www.chebucto.ns.ca
Np

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

I did GB ota. Is that good?

Not sure. But I think so. As said before, I only ever had the Rogers one, and it was released with Gingerbread. So I never had to fight that struggle.

But if you have problems, you can always ODIN back to (rooted) stock.

Unicorn69

Mar 25, 2014
LITERALLY NOTHING WORKS.

i was wondering if your still interested in getting that Infuse loaded with KK, or if you were able to do something with it, i still have the files and could email them if need be.

getting the bootloader cracked on the infuse for me was a pain in the @$$ but once i got that done the rest was all as easy as pie

RJinxed

Jun 9, 2015
i was wondering if your still interested in getting that Infuse loaded with KK, or if you were able to do something with it, i still have the files and could email them if need be.

getting the bootloader cracked on the infuse for me was a pain in the @$$ but once i got that done the rest was all as easy as pie
Thank you very much. But I already sold my infuse

but really, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LITERALLY NOTHING WORKS.

Thank you very much. But I already sold my infuse

but really, thanks.
    My Samsung Infuse 4G can't flash anything!?

LITERALLY NOTHING WORKS.

Hello, :)

What process did you follow for all these ROMs? Did you start with CM9 first (after installing CWM)?

I started from stock rom, fresh and clear.
    I can't install CWM in any method so of course I can't install anything.
    Did you try Gingerbread Stock (Option C) yet? That may be the only way to get CWM now. But, depending on your situation, you may need gto flash a newer bootloader as well, something I never thought to find in time for my mirror.

I tried every option available. I can't find a Gingerbread bootloader though, all the links were dead.