Easy 2015 root for inspire 4g

Search This thread

NOOBHEADFORLIFE

Mar 3, 2013
Dennerey
Okay I'll try and make this as short as I possibly can .
if you still own a HTC INSPIRE 4G and want to root it without using aahk ( Ace Advance Hack Kit ) witch is dead and gone by the way or some program that requires u to downgread your firmware first ! ? then I might be able to help you out . before we start , let's get a few things out of the way first . # 1 I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT U MAY COUSE TO YOUR PHONE , YOU DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RICK AND FREE WILL ! # 2 MY PHONE FRIMWARE IS 3.20.502.52 AND RUNNING 2.3.5 ( GINGERBREAD ) SO IM NOT SHORE IF ITS GONNA WORK ON A EARLIER VERSION OF ANDROID , YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO BITE THE BULLET AND FIND OUT :) ! AND # 3 I AM NOT SHORE IF ITS GONNA WORK ON THE HTC DESIRE HD ( HTC DHD ) SINCE I DONT HAVE ONE TO TEST IT ON AT THE MOMENT ! Okay let's get started shall we .

# 1 go to htcdev from https://www.htcdev.com/ and unlock your bootloader if its not yet unlock . ( IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER ? JUST CREATE A HTC ACCOUNT AND CLICK ON " UNLOCK BOOTLOADER " AND JUST FILLOW THE ON SCREEN INSTRUCTION )

# 2 download the fastboot files and driver from http://d-h.st/6LC and extract it to your C: drive

# 3 open the the fastboot folder and install the fastboot driver

# 4 download the custom TWRP or CWM recovery you want from http://downloads.codefi.re/jrior001/Ace and save it to your fastboot folder

# 5 the last thing to download is the root.zip file and it can be downloaded from http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu and put that file on your phone sd memory card

#6 turn the phone off and put it in fastboot mode and connect it to your computer with your USB cord

# 7 re-opene the fastboot folder if u had already close it , press " shift and right click " at the same time and click on open command promp here

# 8 type " fastboot devices " , you should now see a few number and letter , that means the computer is detecting your phone in fastboot mode , if you don't see anything popup then that means u didn't install the fasboot driver properly so try installing them again but this time try running it as admin

# 9 to install the custom recovery you downloaded , type " fastboot flash recovery the name of the recovery you downloaded .img " for example fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ! it should only take a few seconds or so to install . after its installed , put the SD card with the root.zip file in the phone

# 10 reboot to the bootload by typing " fastboot reboot-bootloader " , wait a few seconds and then click on recovery from the phone menu and there u should have a custom recovery installed on your phone

# 11 I highly recommend that you do a nandroid backup of your current android os just in case something go's wrong in the next step. we rather be safe than sorry right ! !

# 12 after your back up is done , wipe cash partition and delvik cash . now click on the install from SD card and and install the zip file , after that's done just reboot the phone and there u should see super su app installed . just open it and install the bin and your good to go ( TWO THUMBS UP )

THIS WILL NOT S-OFF YOUR PHONE IT'S JUST GOING TO ROOT IT ! IF YOU WANT S-OFF ON YOUR HTC THEN I SUGGEST YOU LOOKIMG AROUND ON XDA FOR THREAD ON ON TO S-OFF YOUR PHONE !

I might just s-off my HTC inspire 4g and if I have success with it , I'll try and post a step by step on how I did it for those of you who want it

Last edited:

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Don't forget to fast boot flash boot.img if u are s on. Lol

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

NOOBHEADFORLIFE

Mar 3, 2013
Dennerey
Thanks for that little info right there bro :D , i so forgot to add that in the first post ! ! After rooting your phone and you still have s-on and you wanna install a new rom ? ! you'll need to fastboot flash the boot.img first then you can install the ROM with your custom recovery

Last edited:

NOOBHEADFORLIFE

Mar 3, 2013
Dennerey
Yeah about that , I thought my HTC was the DHD version but in doing my homework and what not I found out that its the inspire 4g and not the dhd ! Lol I know right , then I FINALLY found the RUU.exe that matche my phone firmware and what not and that was it really ! Had to re-root it and not but its all good . right about now I'm kinda thinking twice of gaining s-off because of what happened the last time I tryed that but then again that's how we learn right :D but if I do gain s-off I'll still try and post a step by step for who ever that wants it

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Um. That's why I asked for a fastboot get var all. I even asked ya if u were sure u had the dhd. U silly man u.
?

NOOBHEADFORLIFE

Mar 3, 2013
Dennerey
Yeah that was the thing , is after I did the " get var all " I started putting 1 and 1 together and saw it wasn't a dhd ! Hahah but the main reason i thought it was a dhd is because I got the phone pre rooted with android 5.0.1 ( lollipop ) installed and the about phone said it was a HTC desire HD ! Not knowing that , that ROM was meant for the dhd and not the inspire 4g:D anyways thanks for all your help again bro

Reactions: marknoll

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Yea. Good thing is both variants are almost identical.

PR0XIDIAN

Dec 20, 2011
Colorado Springs
Sorry to bug you guys, but I can't seem to find answers. One of my friends saw my 1+one and really wanted cyanogenmod. HE can't afford a new phone and he is using an unlocked HTC inspire 4G from at&t. When I go to HTC's site to unlock the bootloader, I don't see the HTC inspire 4G on the dropdown list to unlock the bootloader. Am I just being an idiot? Thanks in advance! Glad to see XDA supporting a phone from 2011 in 2015! =)

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Sorry to bug you guys, but I can't seem to find answers. One of my friends saw my 1+one and really wanted cyanogenmod. HE can't afford a new phone and he is using an unlocked HTC inspire 4G from at&t. When I go to HTC's site to unlock the bootloader, I don't see the HTC inspire 4G on the dropdown list to unlock the bootloader. Am I just being an idiot? Thanks in advance! Glad to see XDA supporting a phone from 2011 in 2015! =)
Aahk and aahk 2

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

If device is not listed,scroll to bottom and you will see "not listed". Chose that one

MDo94

Apr 10, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
POCO X4 Pro
Fastboot Files

Sorry if is not proper to resurect the treat but I need desperatly the Fastboot Files from this site "htt p:// d-h.st/ 6LC" because is not working, I have an Inspire 4g but I cant find any proper working link that is not host on Dev-Host, I just want to root this phone.

If any one could gave this files, i gonna be grateful fot it! ;)

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
if you still own a HTC INSPIRE 4G and want to root it without using aahk ( Ace Advance Hack Kit ) witch is dead and gone by the way or some program that requires u to downgread your firmware first ! ? then I might be able to help you out . before we start , let's get a few things out of the way first . # 1 I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT U MAY COUSE TO YOUR PHONE , YOU DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RICK AND FREE WILL ! # 2 MY PHONE FRIMWARE IS 3.20.502.52 AND RUNNING 2.3.5 ( GINGERBREAD ) SO IM NOT SHORE IF ITS GONNA WORK ON A EARLIER VERSION OF ANDROID , YOU'LL JUST HAVE TO BITE THE BULLET AND FIND OUT :) ! AND # 3 I AM NOT SHORE IF ITS GONNA WORK ON THE HTC DESIRE HD ( HTC DHD ) SINCE I DONT HAVE ONE TO TEST IT ON AT THE MOMENT ! Okay let's get started shall we .

# 1 go to htcdev from https://www.htcdev.com/ and unlock your bootloader if its not yet unlock . ( IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER ? JUST CREATE A HTC ACCOUNT AND CLICK ON " UNLOCK BOOTLOADER " AND JUST FILLOW THE ON SCREEN INSTRUCTION )

# 2 download the fastboot files and driver from http://d-h.st/6LC and extract it to your C: drive

# 4 download the custom TWRP or CWM recovery you want from http://downloads.codefi.re/jrior001/Ace and save it to your fastboot folder

# 5 the last thing to download is the root.zip file and it can be downloaded from http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu and put that file on your phone sd memory card

#6 turn the phone off and put it in fastboot mode and connect it to your computer with your USB cord

# 7 re-opene the fastboot folder if u had already close it , press " shift and right click " at the same time and click on open command promp here

# 8 type " fastboot devices " , you should now see a few number and letter , that means the computer is detecting your phone in fastboot mode , if you don't see anything popup then that means u didn't install the fasboot driver properly so try installing them again but this time try running it as admin

# 9 to install the custom recovery you downloaded , type " fastboot flash recovery the name of the recovery you downloaded .img " for example fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ! it should only take a few seconds or so to install . after its installed , put the SD card with the root.zip file in the phone

# 10 reboot to the bootload by typing " fastboot reboot-bootloader " , wait a few seconds and then click on recovery from the phone menu and there u should have a custom recovery installed on your phone

# 11 I highly recommend that you do a nandroid backup of your current android os just in case something go's wrong in the next step. we rather be safe than sorry right ! !

# 12 after your back up is done , wipe cash partition and delvik cash . now click on the install from SD card and and install the zip file , after that's done just reboot the phone and there u should see super su app installed . just open it and install the bin and your good to go ( TWO THUMBS UP )

THIS WILL NOT S-OFF YOUR PHONE IT'S JUST GOING TO ROOT IT ! IF YOU WANT S-OFF ON YOUR HTC THEN I SUGGEST YOU LOOKIMG AROUND ON XDA FOR THREAD ON ON TO S-OFF YOUR PHONE !

I might just s-off my HTC inspire 4g and if I have success with it , I'll try and post a step by step on how I did it for those of you who want it
Realized that this is 2018 and we have magisk. I think we can root by just unlocking bootloader, flashing twrp and flashing magisk or any systemless root.

jerryspring

Feb 18, 2018
I got one... memories...haha. But I go to download anything, it keeps saying I need sd card .. sigh. Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yeah that was the thing , is after I did the " get var all " I started putting 1 and 1 together and saw it wasn't a dhd ! Hahah but the main reason i thought it was a dhd is because I got the phone pre rooted with android 5.0.1 ( lollipop ) installed and the about phone said it was a HTC desire HD ! Not knowing that , that ROM was meant for the dhd and not the inspire 4g:D anyways thanks for all your help again bro