Jiayu S3 discussion/support MEGA Thread

Search This thread

sepiroth0278

Apr 19, 2016
Is there a possibility to make a fresher , Buglesser Paranoid Android Marshmallow Version?
(Green Screen Videos etc. )

IT IS the Most stable and usable Rom for me... Last that didnt Crashes in Telegramm videomessages, Snapchat Filters etc. ... All roms After that fit more or lesser Media Problems (Video , Sound, mp3,etc)

sandstranger

Aug 31, 2016
Is there a possibility to make a fresher , Buglesser Paranoid Android Marshmallow Version?
(Green Screen Videos etc. )

IT IS the Most stable and usable Rom for me... Last that didnt Crashes in Telegramm videomessages, Snapchat Filters etc. ... All roms After that fit more or lesser Media Problems (Video , Sound, mp3,etc)

mad team will not build it , because this team busy with oreo
So it's easier to buy new phone .
I am not waiting already any stable firmwares for this phone
Perhaps a new build of los 14.1 will seems stable
telegram videos fixed very recently for N in mtk sources .....
https://github.com/Moyster/nougat_d...mmit/1734deac12ba1b2c9992451d55ed4fd69b65a3f6

Last edited:
Reactions: sepiroth0278

genesisalgor

May 22, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
A good phone to consider (if you want MediaTek) is the newest Oukitel K6.

It brings Helio P23, 6GB RAM + 64GB Storage, Android Nougat 7.1, 18;9 screen with bezeless design (nothing like these ugly Mi Mix clones), NFC, Gyroscope and a 6,000mAh battery.

Fill all gaps of Jiayu S3.... But still, we should ask Oukitel for sources and support to MAD.

Oukitel seems to have good eyes for custom development.

sepiroth0278

Apr 19, 2016
Nah, i use my jiayu s3 advanced until IT or ITS components get broken.....
For now in Android 6.0.1 Paranoid from Mad.... IT fits best my usage.

And then i will get some Kind of Outdoor Phone... Some blackview phones Look great... Also Helios, 6 GB RAM etc. But you can drop a bomb in IT or make Pictures from whales eating in dept of 100000 Meters ...

Aryapars

May 3, 2009
Huawei P10
I hope this thread is not dead yet.
i still have this phone and am super happy with it. Better said: WAS.

The USB-charging board along the charging port are mechanically broken. I soldered it it a few times with some success, but now the board is completely broken. No charging is possible anymore. If I plug the phone in while it is on, the CPU will freeze.

Question: I need a new USB charging (+ mic etc) board for the Jiayu S3.
Problem: I cant find it ANYWHERE online anymore. it is out of stock everywhere without exceptions. It used to be sold for $ 10-15.... now it is not available anymore.

Anyone knows where I can get one? I really want to get the phone running again, as I loved it and this was its only flaw.

tool88

Aug 5, 2015
Where are you located I have a board that I had put in my s3 and used for about 3 months before I dropped my phone and broke my screen. depending where you are located, maybe I could be bothers to help you out. I don't want any money for it but I don't want to pay to send it either.
I am in the USA if you are interested let me know if it won't cost you to much for prepaid shipping I will send the whole phone and both batteries, not sure what shape the batteries are in after sitting so long but they both had some charge on them.

ilmira

Sep 9, 2013
2 questions to all Jiayu S3 developers:
1- When a treble version of Oreo rom for our phone?
2- When a Miui V9 based on Oreo for our phone?

Jiayu S3 is still alive!!

Inviato dal mio JIAYU S3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: genesisalgor

genesisalgor

May 22, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
2 questions to all Jiayu S3 developers:
1- When a treble version of Oreo rom for our phone?
2- When a Miui V9 based on Oreo for our phone?

Jiayu S3 is still alive!!

Inviato dal mio JIAYU S3 utilizzando Tapatalk

1 - Treble is impossible for this old hardware. Is Like asking Treble for Galaxy S3 in example. Every update, devs have trouble with hw specifics, Luke camera. Treble needs HW working for each GSI.

2 - Miui isn't open source, so no one will build it for a handset other than Xiaomi. But there are ports, for the S3 there is a MIUI 9 ROM, but is a port with some nasty issues, and LP based.

Borizzz

Aug 13, 2012
Novosibirsk
vk.com
Boys and girls, some news about @sandstrangers builds:

As far as you know, some time ago @sandstranger retired from JiaYu S3 firmware development, deleting all his ROMs from all sources. Thanks to community, huge part of all his ROMs was restored, uploaded to another one hosting - you can find them on 4PDA in appropriate threads.

For example, for Android Nougat you should check this thread, open "Unofficial builds" spoiler in OP and search for sylar156 builds. If you found Download link from right - this is link to new hosting (Yandex.Disk) with this ROM. You can freely Download this ROM without fearing that it can be deleted by its author.

So, as for today new LineageOS 14.1 Stable26 is available - @sandstranger returned to JiaYu S3 firmware development.
As always you should check LineageOS 14.1 thread for Downloading this new version.

incitenoob

Mar 13, 2011
Jiayu S3+ rom on Flare X v2

Hi all, If I flash a Jiayu S3+ ROM to my Cherry Mobile Flare X v2, will I lose LTE Bands 1 and 5? Thanks so much for any info!

Bernie_W

Jan 23, 2016
A good phone to consider (if you want MediaTek) is the newest Oukitel K6.

It brings Helio P23, 6GB RAM + 64GB Storage, Android Nougat 7.1, 18;9 screen with bezeless design (nothing like these ugly Mi Mix clones), NFC, Gyroscope and a 6,000mAh battery.

Fill all gaps of Jiayu S3.... But still, we should ask Oukitel for sources and support to MAD.

Oukitel seems to have good eyes for custom development.

I hope this is not off-topic, but since we had some bank holiday here I played with my S3 and as you refer to this huge battery of the K6, I wanted to share this :)
I ordered a new battery and here are my battery stats, after I installed KitKat again :laugh: I am not using SIM cards and only mail and hangouts, as I use the S3 mainly for web browsing. I also got an Oukitel meanwhile, but it's a Mix 2.
See the pictures. Perfect as standby browsing device.

Attachments

• IMG_20180516_214624.jpg
    IMG_20180516_214624.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20180516_214633.jpg
    IMG_20180516_214633.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_20180516_214640.jpg
    IMG_20180516_214640.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 295
Reactions: sepiroth0278

Top Liked Posts