FORUMS

CheckM8 - Apple Hardware for Sailfish ... is it possible?

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By nfs22, Junior Member on 29th September 2019, 11:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

i think a lot of you already heard of the CheckM8 exploit to the Apple SecureROM. Couldn't this be a possibility to bring sailfish to a wide spread type of fine handsets? This exploit works for iPhones from 4s to X which are easy to get and relatively cheap especially the older ones. I think a lot of people find it hard to look for a suitable handset which is able to run SFOS and are not happy with the the small amount of devices to which it has been ported or even less it is officially supported (Xperias)

Using this exploit to bring SFOS to Apple devices could lead to a much wider spread of SF and bring new life to a bunch of old iPhones which now lay dust covered in drawers.

So can someone answer me if it's possible to run SFOS on Apple Hardware in general?

Best regards
André
14th February 2020, 08:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs22

Hi guys,

i think a lot of you already heard of the CheckM8 exploit to the Apple SecureROM. Couldn't this be a possibility to bring sailfish to a wide spread type of fine handsets? This exploit works for iPhones from 4s to X which are easy to get and relatively cheap especially the older ones. I think a lot of people find it hard to look for a suitable handset which is able to run SFOS and are not happy with the the small amount of devices to which it has been ported or even less it is officially supported (Xperias)

Using this exploit to bring SFOS to Apple devices could lead to a much wider spread of SF and bring new life to a bunch of old iPhones which now lay dust covered in drawers.

So can someone answer me if it's possible to run SFOS on Apple Hardware in general?

Best regards
André

Theoretically: yes.
Practically: no. Because the lack of drivers.
6th March 2020, 06:57 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nift4

Theoretically: yes.
Practically: no. Because the lack of drivers.

It seems there is a way to realize it ....

iPhone7 boot Android 10
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)