FORUMS

How do I relock the bootloader and go stock?

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By aman2125, Member on 30th August 2019, 08:43 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi XDA.

I was curious to find out is it possible to flash stock rom back on the device and relock the bootloader without bricking the device.
The EDL method seems like a pain..
The model is Raphaelin.
Flashed chinese 10.3.16.0, wiped system, flashed HAVOC, formatted data, wiped, booted. Everything works fine.

My questions are...
If and can i flash the EU rom and lock bootloader? Maybe through MiFlash.
Or
If and how can I flash the indian global rom and lock the bootloader after that?

Thanks guys!
30th August 2019, 09:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Raphaelin means Indian ROM? If, you cant lock bootloader after flash different region ROM. If you lock bootloader after flash CN MI or RU type ROM, your device will boot lop means brick. You have to flash IN (india) official ROM to relock bootloader.

Download Indian Global Fastboot ROM and flash by XiaoMiFlash software.
http://bigota.d.miui.com/V10.3.5.0.P...323a4b_9.0.zip
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603913551
https://mega.nz/#!HAhjTSzR!m10q_1q2Q...4BrmwVxfNzNAfc
The Following User Says Thank You to khkalam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khkalam Ad-Free
30th August 2019, 03:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 677

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman2125

Hi XDA.

I was curious to find out is it possible to flash stock rom back on the device and relock the bootloader without bricking the device.
The EDL method seems like a pain..
The model is Raphaelin.
Flashed chinese 10.3.16.0, wiped system, flashed HAVOC, formatted data, wiped, booted. Everything works fine.

My questions are...
If and can i flash the EU rom and lock bootloader? Maybe through MiFlash.
Or
If and how can I flash the indian global rom and lock the bootloader after that?

Thanks guys!

You can only lock the bootloader with the ROM from the same region as the phone. In your case you can only lock the bootloader when flashing an official Indian fastboot ROM. If you try to lock the bootloader flashing any other ROM you will hard brick the phone. This can only be done when flashing the official fastboot ROM with the Mi Flash Tool.
30th August 2019, 08:49 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo.5000

You can only lock the bootloader with the ROM from the same region as the phone. In your case you can only lock the bootloader when flashing an official Indian fastboot ROM. If you try to lock the bootloader flashing any other ROM you will hard brick the phone. This can only be done when flashing the official fastboot ROM with the Mi Flash Tool.

Okk.. Thanks a lot!!!
Won't dare try anything stupid..
6th November 2019, 06:27 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have the Chinese version of k20pro and now I'm running the eu version of rom that is saying that my redmi is a 9t pro.
I also tried to lock the bootloader with this rom, but the phone got stuck on bootloop.
I thought that my phone is bricked, as no unlocked bootloader, there is no possibility to install the twrp and mi flash gave me an error. Luckily I put the phone in fastboot mode and run again the process of unlocking the bootloader and worked for me.
I would like to give it another try, but when I will have more time to read what other steps are needed and not to end up with a bricked device, especially that I enjoy this phone a lot.
6th November 2019, 03:00 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 677

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by degeaba1981

I have the Chinese version of k20pro and now I'm running the eu version of rom that is saying that my redmi is a 9t pro.
I also tried to lock the bootloader with this rom, but the phone got stuck on bootloop.
I thought that my phone is bricked, as no unlocked bootloader, there is no possibility to install the twrp and mi flash gave me an error. Luckily I put the phone in fastboot mode and run again the process of unlocking the bootloader and worked for me.
I would like to give it another try, but when I will have more time to read what other steps are needed and not to end up with a bricked device, especially that I enjoy this phone a lot.

You can not lock the bootloader again if you have any ROM that is not for the same region as your phone. With a Chinese phone, this means you can only lock the bootloader when installing Chinese MIUI.
You were lucky you had already unlocked the phone before and so had unlock permission on your Mi account. Many others have bought phones with the bootloader already unlocked, then done the same as you. Because they could not then unlock the bootloader, they have ended up with a hard bricked device, which needed flashing with an authorised service account.
3rd August 2020, 11:58 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to Re-lock bootloader
Hi... I'm on stock rom Raphaelin v11. 0.4.0 global stable and my bootloader is unlocked. While using mantra RDservice app, it gives an error of rooted device. My device isn't rooted and every payment app runs fine. So I want to try locking bootloader to see if it works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)