Odexed

4 Vote(s)
23.53%

AOSP_PURE_STABLE_1.5_Rel_16072016

668 posts
Thanks Meter: 429

Post Reply Email Thread
Time Appropriate Greetings fellas!!!

This is my take on the AOSP 6.0 for Lenovo K3 Note....

AOSP_PURE is ported from Zopo Speed 7 just like it was done during the early lollipop days, with the help of few tutorials available on the internet I managed to port a stable marshmallow rom with few bugs obviously, its a learning process for me and those who wish to test it or modify it are welcome to do it but please credit me and people in my credit section and also please comment in the thread what u have done to correct the bug because in the end all we need is Fully functioning ROM and knowledge of how to do it....

AOSP PURE based on the latest firmware of zopo speed 7 with latest security updates. It is not a modification to zoromax port. This AOSP release has very few modifications so that the user can do whatever you want. Have fun!!!

Known Bugs
LED for stuffs
D2W
3G/4G Connection Issues
SMS Issues
Youtube Issues
Proximity not working during calls
SDCard Corruption
Camera doesnt open
Hardware Capacitive buttons not working (only software touch buttons)Cannot play Video or record sound
Comment if u find more....

this is a stable release except for the usual LED and D2W stuff....rooted, gapps installed, busybox and is MultiLanguage...

This rom comes as two versions ODEXED and DEODEXED

ODEXED ROM means the app have seperate odex files to make them open faster. The odexed rom usually boots quicker but the boot time increases as the number of apps installed increases. In general odexed roms are snappier than deodexed rom but modern smartphones have better processor to make this delay negligible.

DEODEXED ROM means the the odex files are placed in apk instead of being a seperate file, so every time an app is opened it is extracted to load the odex file in memory which takes more time than having odex files outside. But again in current gen processors the delay is negligible. Deodexed rom has long intial boot time but after the first boot no matter how many apps are installed they boot at the same time.

WARNING TEST THIS AT UR OWN RISK....BACKUP EVERYTHING U HAVE BEFORE DOING ANYTHING...
Boot into TWRP recovery
Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data
Flash the file
Reboot....

POST 1 Intro
POST 2 Changelog

ROM Download
AOSP PURE STABLE 1.4 Odexed
AOSP PURE STABLE 1.5 Odexed
ROM Screenshots

Created : 30/06/2016
Last Release : 16/07/2016
State : STABLE

Credits :

Lenovo for phone, Zopo for the rom, Sandeep for the guide, Ninad and Kaka for the suggestions and finally SuperR for SuperR's Kitchen with which the rom is made.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to pvkiniyan95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvkiniyan95 Ad-Free

30th June 2016, 04:18 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Changelog

Beta 1
Initial release

Beta 2
Fixed Camera, Audio and Video Playback as well as recording, Hardware Capacitive Touch,
Added SnapIT and Lenovo Gallery for few options as Stock Camera has some issues.
This version is odexed for better initial boot time, hence the bigger size.

Stable 1
Fixed proximity and sdcard corruption. Bugs left are led and d2w. Removed Lenovo camera and gallery as it had issues with front camera.

Stable 1.1
Fixed the "settings stopped" when opening security in settings and a few tweaks to improve the UI smoothness.

Stable 1.2
Fixed 3G/4G Connection Issues (thanks to sandeep sethi ). Few tweaks to improve overall responsiveness. Relased the rom as two version odexed and deodexed.

Stable 1.3
Fixed SMS issue which was left over in Stable 1.2 and youtube now supports upto 1080p. Added few additional apps like
FDroid - Open Source App Store
Adaway - To prevent ads by replacing host files
Naptime - For better doze behaviour make use of it. Thanks to Fransisco Franco for developing this app
NewPipe - Open source simple app that can replace youtube and also can download youtube videos.
Naked Browser - The most lightweight web browser
SuperSU is now at 2.76.

Stable 1.4
Updated to latest zopo speed 7 firmware Build Number: 20160708-144458
Apparent fix with slow system response [as mentioned in zopo firmware changelog]
Updated to June Security update [as in firmware]
Removed the addition apps included in st 1.3
Replaced Root Explorer with MiXplorer for ethical reasons
Improved UI Response
NOTE
There is a new app in /system/app called "FineSearch" which opens to the newly added search bar as a part of Quick Settings tile. Seems like zopo added it to promote yahoo which sucks. I leave it to the user to remove it if u want. Don't ask me to remove it from quick setting tile, anyone who know how to do it are welcome to do it coz i hate it too

Stable 1.5
Removed FineSearch Yahoo Ad in quick setting tile
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pvkiniyan95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvkiniyan95 Ad-Free
30th June 2016, 05:39 PM |#4  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 62

More
If you manage to open camera..
Will you provide lenovo snapit... or will it be aosp camera..?
30th June 2016, 06:40 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adikri

If you manage to open camera..
Will you provide lenovo snapit... or will it be aosp camera..?

i prefer snapit but since the idea is to provide a rom close to aosp it only makes sense to zip it with aosp camera
30th June 2016, 07:01 PM |#6  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvkiniyan95

i prefer snapit but since the idea is to provide a rom close to aosp it only makes sense to zip it with aosp camera

Hmm.. but change only in camera is not a big deal..
And snapit is far better than aosp...
And good luck with your rom..
6th July 2016, 08:08 AM |#7  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 5

More
During 1st boot it stuck !!!
I flash this rom , during 1st boot it stuck on lenovo logo. You told that keep patience and wait for 10 to 15 mins, I waited for around half an hour. It never boots up bro. Complete waste of data I downloaded and as well as time.
7th July 2016, 08:32 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Will this work for k4 note or can u pl port and post a thread?
7th July 2016, 12:58 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosen_ghosh

I flash this rom , during 1st boot it stuck on lenovo logo. You told that keep patience and wait for 10 to 15 mins, I waited for around half an hour. It never boots up bro. Complete waste of data I downloaded and as well as time.

i tried beta 1 and beta 2 now from the link and mine booted up, i don't know why it doesn't for you....i am uploading a stable release, try that if u want...
8th July 2016, 08:12 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I tried stable release 1, the ROM did work well but it did get very hot from just normal use.
I have now gone back to s427
9th July 2016, 07:36 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbook2

I tried stable release 1, the ROM did work well but it did get very hot from just normal use.
I have now gone back to s427

i tweaked stable 1 for performance but ended up getting throttled thats why there is stable 1.1....stable 1.2 on its way with few more fixes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pvkiniyan95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pvkiniyan95 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
6.0, android, aosp, k3 note, marshmallow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)