1,634 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,404

By daniel_hk, Recognized Contributor on 5th December 2016, 07:08 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
14th October 2017, 02:38 PM |#941  
india
Thanks Meter: 5

More
some time headphone port didnot recognise the headphone .
15th October 2017, 09:47 AM |#942  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
201701015 CarbonROM CR-5.1 update & Oreo status
It's time for a Carbon monthly update.
This is the latest Carbon-5.1 I built for my personal use.
- Android 7.1.2_r29 (NJH47F)
- binder update

@drakula1000 you are right, miss call notification led is broken. It's a Carbon bug. I'll forward it to the Carbon team.

Found a mirror and the file in AndroidFileHost is OK now.

For Oero, I finally figured out how to connect the preview buffer to the Oero interface yesterday.
With the help of another wrapper, camera is working now. We can take picture with Oero in a MTK device now! Cheers!

As I expected earlier, video recording is not possible. Reverting the cameraservice to mediaservice might work but I don't think it's a good solution. That's the compromise I made in Nougat and now I want to try keeping the cameraservice first.
As Camera is partially working, Bluetooth and media playback would be the last two major issues. I might start a new thread next week.
I started reviewing the kernel source last week. Hoping it will be ready with the new thread.
Current issues:
1. Bluetooth, can't read from the Bluetooth char device. pending...
2. Media playback. pending...
3. Video recording. Trying...
4. HDR only work on Snap so need a port to Oero first. It's not difficult but time consuming. Anyone interested may help.

If anyone interested, I might upload another alpha build with the camera fix later.
I only have an hour or two spare time each day. I rather spend on development so no more "help requests", sorry...

Off topic. I don't know who has experience buying things in GearBest. Seems the delivery period is way too long...
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
15th October 2017, 10:32 AM |#943  
Thanks Meter: 1,021

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_hk

- binder update

@drakula1000 you are right, miss call notification led is broken. It's a Carbon bug. I'll forward it to the Carbon team.

I have trouble publish file in AndroidFileHost lately. The ajax.googleapis.com server is blocked (ridiculous !!!) so I can't publish the file from my FTP.
I can barely post here too. I'll retry later.
Anyone has a host that I can access/upload may help.

OK, this is a temperate link, I don't know how long it would last... :

For Oero, I finally figured out how to connect the preview buffer to the Oero interface yesterday.
With the help of another wrapper, camera is working now. We can take picture with Oero in a MTK device now! Cheers!

As I expected earlier, video recording is not possible. Reverting the cameraservice to mediaservice might work but I don't think it's a good solution. That's the compromise I made in Nougat and now I want to try keeping the cameraservice first.
As Camera is partially working, Bluetooth and media playback would be the last two major issues. I might start a new thread next week.
I started reviewing the kernel source last week. Hoping it will be ready with the new thread.
Current issues:
4. HDR only work on Snap so need a port to Oero first. It's not difficult but time consuming. Anyone interested may help.

If anyone interested, I might upload another alpha build with the camera fix later.
I only have an hour or two spare time each day. I rather spend on development so no more "help requests", sorry...

Off topic. I don't know who has experience buying things in GearBest. Seems the delivery period is way too long...

Awesome work bro
And also thanks for using your valuable time for us....
And hope we would get stable oreo build...and with stable sources...
But can u mention
Changelogs or any new changes of carbon os.....

And Is this the Last Update For Carbon os.???
15th October 2017, 01:19 PM |#944  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:

lay out please, very much waiting, and sleep-awakening the dead has repaired?
15th October 2017, 01:22 PM |#945  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

- binder update

Found a mirror and the file in AndroidFileHost is OK now.

Current issues:

Thank you for your awesome work bro 😍
Have you thought about building another rom, not Carbon, like AOSP extended. For me, it's better than Carbon, more features, and more beautiful UI.
Noutgat was done. Please try it in Oreo 😉
15th October 2017, 02:11 PM |#946  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

- binder update

Thanks. If the phone screen is covered, instead of led notification, screen is turning on automatically on uncovering. So I started to think that it is a kind of feature of Carbon ROM... Hopefully they will fix it soon.
16th October 2017, 03:32 AM |#947  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hong Kong

Donate to Me
More
20171015 LOS-15.0 alpha test
OK, I just uploaded my last LOS-15.0 test build to Experimental.
Camera fix is included.
No more PM's/mails please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKS12

Awesome work bro
And also thanks for using your valuable time for us....
And hope we would get stable oreo build...and with stable sources...
But can u mention
Changelogs or any new changes of carbon os.....

And Is this the Last Update For Carbon os.???

There is the official site you can get the change log.
It's for my personal use. I already mentioned many times.
I don't have time to repeat again and again, sorry. You can check my posts for your answers.
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugik04

lay out please, very much waiting, and sleep-awakening the dead has repaired?

I don't really understand. I think you want to test the new Oero. It's uploaded now. It is not at the stage and my job to "repair" anything.
I hate to guess. Even if there are languge barrier, clearly state what you want is not that difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoedeyne

Thank you for your awesome work bro 😍
Have you thought about building another rom, not Carbon, like AOSP extended. For me, it's better than Carbon, more features, and more beautiful UI.
Noutgat was done. Please try it in Oreo 😉

It's not my position to say and there are maintainers. If you want something, you can always do it yourself. It's never too late to learn something. To serve or to be served?
UI? Only if you change the SystemUI, every Nougat is more or less the same and I can't see such changes.
I don't think you meant theme. Then it might be the launcher which is just an app that you can replace.

This is for my personal use. Whether anyone like it or not is not my concern.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to daniel_hk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel_hk Ad-Free
16th October 2017, 06:39 AM |#948  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:

After foot loose and fancy free for a few days, my battery is almost fully recharged.
Finally found a local mirror to sync the source from google. It's pretty slow but way better than nothing...

I built another LOS-15.0 before bed last night. It's is uploading to the Experimental folder now.

4. Haven't studied media playback yet.
Another point to noted: when the device is in deep sleep. Don't repeatedly press "back key" or power button. Press just once and wait. Otherwise the system would blink and wait for (something like 6s) for another recovery cycle. I would look that the system is dead but actually not. I think its the wake up delay issue.

. Thanks!

I meant it-in los15 (15/10) again does not work-device is in deep sleep
can this be done?
16th October 2017, 11:22 AM |#949  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 149

More
@daniel_hk
bro your latest Carbon runs smooth and it's like butter for daily use. I highly recommend it.
No issues whatsoever for the average user. Cheers for your efforts to keep our K3 alive bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to greekfragma For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift greekfragma Ad-Free
18th October 2017, 03:02 PM |#950  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey there! Is there a way to upgrade CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-UNOFFICIAL-aio_otfp-20170909-0320 from September to CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-UNOFFICIAL-aio_otfp-20171015-0523 from October (last uploaded) without installing the Rom again and clean ? About the rom...I have tried a lot and different, but this one gives me just what I'm looking for without having to install additional stuff like xposed. Everything that Daniel has developed so far is just awesome every time So thank you a lot for the efforts and the free time you sacrifice to develop Daniel
20th October 2017, 07:39 AM |#951  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by multimedias

Hey there! Is there a way to upgrade CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-UNOFFICIAL-aio_otfp-20170909-0320 from September to CARBON-CR-5.1-MOO-UNOFFICIAL-aio_otfp-20171015-0523 from October (last uploaded) without installing the Rom again and clean ? About the rom...I have tried a lot and different, but this one gives me just what I'm looking for without having to install additional stuff like xposed. Everything that Daniel has developed so far is just awesome every time So thank you a lot for the efforts and the free time you sacrifice to develop Daniel

If you have enough time, it is always better to perform clean install.

Is it my subjective feeling, or latest Carbon have significantly longer battery life than the previous one?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread