FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel][A6020][PBH][8.x]

448 posts
Thanks Meter: 883

By Nikish21, Senior Member on 2nd May 2018, 03:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, you probably know me from the PBH Interactive Governor Tweaks Thread. Yeah, This is a migration from Mere Tweaks to A full-fledged Kernel based on the stable source By @Harry8242.

I am not an excellent kernel developer, a mere beginner trying to learn, so hope you guys support me the way PBH was embraced

Features:
-Latest Linux Upstream v3.10.108
-Up to date with the latest CAF tag -LA.BR.1.2.9.1-01310-8x16.0
-Darkness Governor
- Mild Undervolt
-Westwood as the default TCP algorithm
- Idle Drain is reduced to Absolute Minimum
-Several subsystems converted to use power-efficient work queues
- KCAL colour control -- Colours are tweaked to make the screen look more vibrant
- Remove 960 Mhz Frequency and introduce 1036 Mhz Frequency(They both operate at the same voltage, so the higher the better)
-Unlock 1136 Mhz for the "LITTLE cluster' for sd415 variant
-Flashed with AnyKernel2 (thanks to @osm0sis)
-More features to come. It's pretty barebone as of now

Downloads
v1-CLICK HERE

Flashing Instructions
- Download kernel and flash in recovery.
SUPPORT 8.1 ROMS BASED ON @HARRY8242 SOURCES ONLY LIKE DU, AEX,LOS, OMNI, AOSIP

XDA:DevDB Information
Project Beyond Horizon, Kernel for the Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus

Contributors
Nikish21, Harry8242
Source Code: https://github.com/Nikish21/kernel_lenovo_msm8916

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2018-05-02
Last Updated 2018-05-19
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Nikish21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikish21 Ad-Free

2nd May 2018, 03:18 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guwahati

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for changelog

v2- https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...4&postcount=40. Check next post of suggested settings
v1- Initial Release
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nikish21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikish21 Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 03:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guwahati

Donate to Me
More
I am always looking forward to constructive feedback and suggestions. All your suggestions would be read and required ones would definitely be implemented. Keep supporting.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nikish21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikish21 Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 03:25 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Happy to see pbh kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 03:54 PM |#5  
Flag Querétaro

More
Thanks đŸ˜‡
The Following User Says Thank You to Arkanic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Arkanic Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 04:17 PM |#6  
Flag Ranchi
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Great work bro.. Keep it up
The Following User Says Thank You to Aakash_Karmakar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aakash_Karmakar Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 04:23 PM |#7  

More
Just installed it on AEX 5.4....working flawlessly as of now....no issues encountered till now...thank you dev. One question though should i use pbh mod with this or no need?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 04:59 PM |#8  
Flag kanpur
Thanks Meter: 206

More
Good job bro keep it up .. Finally you made it public ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yankit293 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yankit293 Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 05:18 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guwahati

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Just installed it on AEX 5.4....working flawlessly as of now....no issues encountered till now...thank you dev. One question though should i use pbh mod with this or no need?

The interactive governor is tweaked again for balance usage. I would rather suggest try comparing which (Stock/pbh mod) gives more battery backup for you. For me its almost same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikish21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikish21 Ad-Free
2nd May 2018, 05:37 PM |#10  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 261

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikish21

The interactive governor is tweaked again for balance usage. I would rather suggest try comparing which (Stock/pbh mod) gives more battery backup for you. For me its almost same.

Hi! Then, what's your recommendation? Only PBH kernel or kernel + mod? Thanks for your work!
2nd May 2018, 05:43 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guwahati

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyneg

Hi! Then, what's your recommendation? Only PBH kernel or kernel + mod? Thanks for your work!

Based on the usage scenario I have, the pbh kernel only should be enough. If you think its different for you, try experimenting with mod..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikish21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nikish21 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)