* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
What is XOSP and how was it born?
XOSP stands for the Xperia Open Source Project. The project was initially created by me (@nilac) for the Galaxy S+ (my old device) years ago. Back then the ROM was called S+ Reborn. The vision was to create a minimal bloat free ROM which included Sony Xperia specific apps and various tweaks users would expect from a custom ROM.
S+ Reborn became a success and was eventually ported to different devices so from there I rebranded and XOSP project was founded. I worked on the project for 2 years always trying to improve it. Eventually, Because of the fact Lollipop was buggy on my Galaxy S+ (Which I maintained xosp for at the time) I decided to take a break from development until I got my hands on the Zenfone 2 in 2015 and from then I started again the development of XOSP and continued it ever since.
What Represents a Release and what represents a Revision?
Revisions include small changes such as bug fixes/improvments etc.. (Usually there are made like 3 revisions per-release).
Releases are the main "stable" builds with all new planned features implemented and bugs fixed.
1) Download the rom zip file
2) Download a 7.X GApps package
3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
5) Flash XOSP rom zip file
6) Flash Nougat-compatible GApps
7) Flash XOSPApps (Optional)
1.Advanced doze added
2.New kernel with wqt_power saving
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Firmware Required: Phone with Unlocked Boot loader & Latest Firmware
Based On: AOSP