[help thread] [ask any question] [noob friendly]

Search This thread

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
Thanks mate :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Thanks, nice site btw, i guess I'll visit there more often :)

Charismagic

Nov 25, 2011
Request help with a Lenovo Vibe K5. Need to reinstall OS. TWRP accessible but ports not detected under QFIL, so can't flash QPST.

Need stock ROM for A6020a40 as a flashable zip file with scripts. Can anyone provide any links, or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Bharath1705

Jul 1, 2019
display

[/Black display] i was using android 7(aosp rom) i thought of moving to miui 9 after flashing the rom cleared cache and rebooted the system after leaving it for 10 min i did not see any thing in display; so i removed the battery and turned on but still i did not get anything in display but the red led is glowing, the phone SD card and internal memory are display in the PC. the phone also gets notification sound and also the phone call are receiving. But still nothing is displaying in the display...

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
Request help with a Lenovo Vibe K5. Need to reinstall OS. TWRP accessible but ports not detected under QFIL, so can't flash QPST.

Need stock ROM for A6020a40 as a flashable zip file with scripts. Can anyone provide any links, or point me in the right direction? Thanks!
No ports in qfil means drivers not being jnstalled properly. Look for "back to stock" thread, there are links to drivers. Sometimes the drivers won't load so you need to open cmd as admin and type [bcdedit /set testsigning on] and reboot. Then turn off the phone and connect usb cable while pressing vol up (might be vol down, not sure since last time i flashed was long ago).
After flashing successfully open cmd as admin and type [bcdedit /set testsigning off].
Firmwares: moto.shreps.fr

Or you can use this: https://support.lenovo.com/tr/en/downloads/ds101291
Does the hard work for you.

Or just flash a custom rom (like this: https://xdaforums.com/k5-plus/development/rom-lineageos-15-1-vibe-k5-k5-t3962234 (this is as stable as stock rom))

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 AM ----------

[/Black display] i was using android 7(aosp rom) i thought of moving to miui 9 after flashing the rom cleared cache and rebooted the system after leaving it for 10 min i did not see any thing in display; so i removed the battery and turned on but still i did not get anything in display but the red led is glowing, the phone SD card and internal memory are display in the PC. the phone also gets notification sound and also the phone call are receiving. But still nothing is displaying in the display...
Copy the internal memory to pc and reflash stock with qfil. See above.
If the screen is still blank then you've got to replace the screen.

Last edited:

Leozaors

Jul 28, 2011
Guys, please, how can i add fm radio to a oreo rom? (simplix rom). i undestand thats need more than a apk file,
must install* some libs or drivers...
somebody can help me? thanks and sorry about my english.

olzge

Mar 23, 2019
Southwest
I have got ArrowOS on my A6020. Installations and updates via TWRP seem to work but when I want to wipe Cache/Dalvik TWRP crashes and the phone boots normally into system.
I had 3.1. when that happend for the first time. Then I got the advice to update TWRP from TWRP, so I did that. Now I have got TWRP 3.3.1-0 and it keeps happening.

eurodiesel

Sep 18, 2017
The Middle of Nowhere
I have got ArrowOS on my A6020. Installations and updates via TWRP seem to work but when I want to wipe Cache/Dalvik TWRP crashes and the phone boots normally into system.
I had 3.1. when that happend for the first time. Then I got the advice to update TWRP from TWRP, so I did that. Now I have got TWRP 3.3.1-0 and it keeps happening.
Does it happen when another rom is installed?
Edit: nvm, you've got answered on the respective thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: olzge

adinechin

Do you have a f2fs partition for data ?

Sent from my Vibe K5 Plus using XDA Labs

Reactions: olzge

kurtom00

Dec 4, 2015
My phone is completely bricked...going into bootloop and cannot boot into twrp or fastboot..... What do i do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    typically reply under an hour

edit: if other members knows the solution who comes across any query in this thread then please help each other, every single help is appreciated.
    Volte is not working in any other rom in my device a6020a46 although volte provisioned flag is on plzz help me
    first make sure that you were on latest vibe ui firmware (s105) then came to custom rom, if you've done so then,
    create an ims setting in Access Point Names and very few build have working volte... if you weren't on latest firmware, then i'll get you the link for latest firmware along with working, safe and easy guide to flash latest firmware
    Can you tell me how much time it took to boot into twrp
    4-5 seconds
    The twrp 3.1.0 by shreps(https://xdaforums.com/android/development/recovery-twrp-3-0-2-0-lenovo-vibe-k5-t3391100) for my Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus(A6020a46 3GB model) doesnt work properly.... I installed the iamge via adb, but when the recovery boots up...it shows a black screen..plz tell me how to install that twrp:crying:
    I've the same model, working fine with me, so let me tell you what I'd done..
    downloaded the recovery from moto.shreps.fr by choosing my device and the last 3.1.0 build and renamed it to twrp.img
    try the same and first, boot this twrp temporarily using

fastboot boot twrp.img

if twrp works then return to fast boot and flash using

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

done. ?
    Yes I Already did that as i have told you its working in AICP but not in any other rom and one more thing in AICP everything is working good except what'sapp it showing me an error 'unable to backup messages' i am not able to take backup of what'sapp
    is that problem persisting during backup or restoration?
    if you're having problem in restoration then
    Decide which backup file you want to restore.
    3. Rename that file from "msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt" to "msgstore.db.crypt"
    4. Install WhatsApp
    5. When asked to restore, tap [Restore]