FORUMS

TWRP 3.2.1.0 for Lenovo K8 Note

189 posts
Thanks Meter: 91
 
By M.A.P, Senior Member on 25th March 2018, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here is the twrp for our device
It is built from source and not ported.

Download the recovery image and install it in using flashboot using "fastboot flash recovery nameofthefile.img"
But make sure you are having adb and fastboot installed with drivers

3.1.1.0 is twrp.img and 3.2.1.0 is recovery.img

Here is the link
TWRP

Guys recovery.img is 3.2.1.0 twrp and twrp.img is 3.1.1.0 but 3.1.1.0 is able to backup oreo firmware and restore it but 3.2.1.0 is giving errors. 3.1.1.0 is more stable than 3.2.1.0 for us, that doesn't mean it can't flash zips the thing is it can't do backups and restore. I would prefer to use 3.1.1.0 for stability.

Bugs
Battery% is stuck at 50

Device Tree:Device Tree
Developer:Maanush Putcha aka M.A.P or Maanush2004
Credits: All members of
Lenovo K8/Plus/Note Group
for inspiration

Dont forget to hit thanks button
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aca21e7d-d797-4f9c-9e2d-52ea6e0480ba.jpg
Views:	2098
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	4457288   Click image for larger version

Name:	c189bd45-2338-4273-a617-3e6b9779687c.jpg
Views:	2100
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	4457289  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to M.A.P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.A.P Ad-Free
10th June 2018, 09:27 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.P

Here is the twrp for our device
It is built from source and not ported.

Download the recovery image and install it in using flashboot using "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
But make sure you are having adb and fastboot installed with drivers

Here is the link
recovery.img

Bugs
Battery% is stuck at 50

Device Treeevice Tree
Developer:Maanush Putcha aka M.A.P or Maanush2004
Credits: All members of
Lenovo K8/Plus/Note Group for inspiration
Dont forget to hit thanks button





Will it work on latest update ? An another update came after Oreo update , which also includes security patch..
Will this twrp work in this new software update ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tillak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tillak Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 01:42 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vijayawada
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillak

Will it work on latest update ? An another update came after Oreo update , which also includes security patch..
Will this twrp work in this new software update ?

Of course. Also LineageOS on the way it already booted but having few bugs which I'll fix
15th June 2018, 09:54 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Khammam
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.P

Of course. Also LineageOS on the way it already booted but having few bugs which I'll fix

Thanks Bro,Also please try to make ResuurectionRemix ,By the way Does the given Kernel support Android 8?
21st June 2018, 05:03 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vijayawada
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadeghar.shravan

Thanks Bro,Also please try to make ResuurectionRemix ,By the way Does the given Kernel support Android 8?

For now we should stick with prebuilt kernel for oreo as lenovo didn't release sources
The Following User Says Thank You to M.A.P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.A.P Ad-Free
19th July 2018, 12:50 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Lenovo k8 note twrp encrypting again and again
I'm using Lenovo k8 note ,I have flashed latest twrp recovery in my mobile ,it shows internal storage 0 in twrp recovery so I have formated, and then rebooted again to twrp recovery to confirm that it's showing my internal storage ,it shows internal storage correctly.

Then I turned on my mobile and rebooted after 15min again it's showing internal storage 0 and I'm unable to mount internal storage also
Please help me I have formated 5 to 6 times but it shows internal storage 0 again I can't decrypt my mobile
22nd July 2018, 10:56 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vijayawada
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravinke

I'm using Lenovo k8 note ,I have flashed latest twrp recovery in my mobile ,it shows internal storage 0 in twrp recovery so I have formated, and then rebooted again to twrp recovery to confirm that it's showing my internal storage ,it shows internal storage correctly.

Then I turned on my mobile and rebooted after 15min again it's showing internal storage 0 and I'm unable to mount internal storage also
Please help me I have formated 5 to 6 times but it shows internal storage 0 again I can't decrypt my mobile

Flash magisk after formatting internal storage
The Following User Says Thank You to M.A.P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.A.P Ad-Free
22nd July 2018, 11:45 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thanks bro, but it is not fixed by installing magisk after formatting internal
It has been fixed by following steps as given below
1) I formatted my internel storage in TWRP
2)flashed force decrypt.zip which was given in XDA developers
3)again formatted my internal in twrp, then I rebooted my mobile
4)again I rebooted to TWRP recovery and installed magisk manager
The Following User Says Thank You to Pravinke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pravinke Ad-Free
29th July 2018, 05:18 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bro could you please explain the procedure to install it. I've unlocked the bootloader what to do next??
30th July 2018, 03:53 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[QUOTE=Niallx;77199094]Bro why is there two files???
21st September 2018, 02:45 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
[QUOTE=M.A.P;76011297]Here is the twrp for our device
It is built from source and not ported.

Download the recovery image and install it in using flashboot using "fastboot flash recovery nameofthefile.img"
But make sure you are having adb and fastboot installed with drivers

3.1.1.0 is twrp.img and 3.2.1.0 is recovery.img

Here is the link
TWRP

Guys recovery.img is 3.2.1.0 twrp and twrp.img is 3.1.1.0 but 3.1.1.0 is able to backup oreo firmware and restore it but 3.2.1.0 is giving errors. 3.1.1.0 is more stable than 3.2.1.0 for us, that doesn't mean it can't flash zips the thing is it can't do backups and restore. I would prefer to use 3.1.1.0 for stability.

Bugs
Battery% is stuck at 50

Device Treeevice Tree
Developer:Maanush Putcha aka M.A.P or Maanush2004
Credits: All members of
Lenovo K8/Plus/Note Group for inspiration
Dont forget to hit thanks button[/QU
My device is Lenovo k 8 note. I'm trying this method and not able to install twrp. In cmd everything ok. What can I do
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-k8-note

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes