Lenovo K8 Note & K8 Plus | General thread

Do you want the developers to support this device?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Dirtrot

May 10, 2017
Question..
Is been holding off on updating to Oreo. Is it better then nouget and if I want to root at some point should I just stay on nouget or is it easy to root on oreo. Dabbled with rooting and rooms on sony phones but seems more unpredictable on these phones.

Anas Rahman

Mar 3, 2017
Question..
Is been holding off on updating to Oreo. Is it better then nouget and if I want to root at some point should I just stay on nouget or is it easy to root on oreo. Dabbled with rooting and rooms on sony phones but seems more unpredictable on these phones.
Most users consider Nougat more stable than Oreo and it has less bugs and performance issues. Rooting isn't a problem since both versions have the same rooting method.
I don't see a problem with sticking with Nougat since there aren't any important features on Oreo. The only thing I ever experienced was that most times I couldn't theme using substratum on Nougat it used to work but for some reason it doesn't. That's the only 'issue' I had with Nougat.
Also, LOS will be released soon so I would recommend sticking with Nougat for now

b00tl0ade®

Dec 30, 2023
Today, suddenly my Lenovo K8 Plus (XT-1902-2) started restarting automatically, seems to be stuck into a bootloop. Since last few days, its battery performance was unusual. Battery used to charge at very fast speed (by using the normal Lenovo charger only) and also draining quickly.

Rest software was working fine so not interested to install a custom rom. Should i try to flash a stock firmware or to replace a battery?

Top Liked Posts