[ROM][Tate][UNOFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0.x] BeanStalk

Search This thread

alexander_32

May 13, 2015
Kyiv
Right? Super weird. The ROM has been danged near perfect otherwise.
I don't even know where OmniSwitch or Slim recents are, I tried to find them in the settings menus after it starting doing this. Where would I find it?

No playing with Xposed stuff either. My wife was reading an e-book on it last night and it was working as far as I could tell. I went to put it away and the square button didn't do anything. It registers that I pressed it (screen reacts with proper animation), but it doesn't bring up the recent menu. I did a reset, still didn't do anything. That's when I tried clearing cache. Where do I find the OmniSwitch and other stuff?

Go to Settings, click on "search" icon - type "recents" or something like that, choose "use OmniSwitch as default", open OmniSwitch application and enable it (you can disable green color in "Configure drag handle" using a slide to make a transparent color). Then see what happens when you click on recents button.

And by the way, I use OmniSwitch as default, it has "favorites" feature and it's simply the best tool for recents in my opinion. Good luck. :)

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
So it looks like those settings are all in Display/lights. Turning on Omni or Slim recents works, but the standard default recents does not when those are disabled.
I actually don't like the omni or Slim view version... The original recents was clean and simple, even my little kids who cant read yet are able to understand and swap/close their games using it.

Oddly enough, I noticed that some other settings in Display had been messed up. I had originally set 180 degree rotation to on so that we could hold it in any orientation, but that got turned off around the same time this started. I already fixed that and turned it back on, but I can't help wondering if my settings in Display somehow got corrupted or something.

Is there any way to restore my settings to default without hard resisting the whole thing?

Last edited:

alexander_32

May 13, 2015
Kyiv
So it looks like those settings are all in Display/lights. Turning on Omni or Slim recents works, but the standard default recents does not when those are disabled.
I actually don't like the omni or Slim view version... The original recents was clean and simple, even my little kids who cant read yet are able to understand and swap/close their games using it.

Oddly enough, I noticed that some other settings in Display had been messed up. I had originally set 180 degree rotation to on so that we could hold it in any orientation, but that got turned off around the same time this started. I already fixed that and turned it back on, but I can't help wondering if my settings in Display somehow got corrupted or something.

Is there any way to restore my settings to default without hard resisting the whole thing?

You should go navbar settings first then "buttons" (or something like that) - reset. If nothing happens, try to create a new button with "recents" feature, hope you understand how to do it. (when you'll see "red cross" icon in the top right corner, you can do anything with navbar buttons, long tap on button - you'll see available options)

I can't even imagine how is this was possible. You can try to reboot - recovery, there is an option "wipe data".

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
I'm also getting Google Play services errors now. I think I'm going to back up the stuff I want to persist and wipe data from recovery.
How does that work on the tate? I'm used to using devices with a removable storage card. On here, can I use something like titanium backup so that I can restore apps+data after a system wipe? Or will that get wiped too?

alexander_32

May 13, 2015
Kyiv
I'm also getting Google Play services errors now. I think I'm going to back up the stuff I want to persist and wipe data from recovery.
How does that work on the tate? I'm used to using devices with a removable storage card. On here, can I use something like titanium backup so that I can restore apps+data after a system wipe? Or will that get wiped too?

If you need to backup some apps data use titanium backup (or similar app) then wipe data. Do not flash GApps.

If this doesn't help, wipe everything (including internal storage). Then flash ROM + Gapps, wipe dalvik & cache.
Then try to restore your app data using titanium backup.

Also, is your recovery TWRP 3.0.2?

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
If you need to backup some apps data use titanium backup (or similar app) then wipe data. Do not flash GApps.

If this doesn't help, wipe everything (including internal storage). Then flash ROM + Gapps, wipe dalvik & cache.
Then try to restore your app data using titanium backup.

Also, is your recovery TWRP 3.0.2?

My recovery is actually 2.8.7.0. I think when I did it, they recommended not using the versions past that? I don't remember why I picked this one, but I remember there was a reason. Is there a mismatch between components of this rom and that TWRP version?

So let me get this straight- if I use titanium backup, and it uses the "internal SD" for storage, I can go into recovery and wipe data, and it won't delete the storage right? I'm always afraid of how this stuff works when I can't remove the SD card (I usually take out the SD for wipes just to make sure on phones with removable storage, then put it back in for restore). Any reason not to also wipe dalvik and cache if doing just data wipe?

And you are saying if that doesn't work, I should then also wipe internal storage and the ROM again, + gapps. Won't that remove my Titanium backup files then? Should I first attempt to copy the backup using a USB cable to a PC?

(Sorry if these seem like dumb questions. I feel like I already know the answers, but I want to confirm before I do something stupid)

alexander_32

May 13, 2015
Kyiv
My recovery is actually 2.8.7.0. I think when I did it, they recommended not using the versions past that? I don't remember why I picked this one, but I remember there was a reason. Is there a mismatch between components of this rom and that TWRP version?

So let me get this straight- if I use titanium backup, and it uses the "internal SD" for storage, I can go into recovery and wipe data, and it won't delete the storage right? I'm always afraid of how this stuff works when I can't remove the SD card (I usually take out the SD for wipes just to make sure on phones with removable storage, then put it back in for restore). Any reason not to also wipe dalvik and cache if doing just data wipe?

And you are saying if that doesn't work, I should then also wipe internal storage and the ROM again, + gapps. Won't that remove my Titanium backup files then? Should I first attempt to copy the backup using a USB cable to a PC?

(Sorry if these seem like dumb questions. I feel like I already know the answers, but I want to confirm before I do something stupid)

Yes, you need to copy Titanium files to PC first, it's more than obvious.

Just go ahead, upgrade to TWRP 3.0.2, wipe everything (including internal storage), flash ROM + Open GApps (Pico, ARM, 6.0), wipe cache & dalvik, so everything should be fine. :good:

Also, before installation I recommend you to open ROM zip file and delete these folders:

system/app

delete BasicDreams folder
delete Camera folder
delete Galaxy4 folder
delete HoloSpiralWallpaper folder
delete LiveWallpapers folder
delete LiveWallpapersPicker folder
delete Browser folder
delete folder NoiseField
delete folder PhaseBeam
delete folder PhotoTable
delete folder PhotoPhase
delete folder WAPPushManager

system/priv-app

delete MmsService folder

It should offload the device a little bit.

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
Cool thanks! I did a standard wipe last night and it seems to be working fine now. But I like the idea of cleaning up the rom... Maybe I'll do it again as you suggested.
Are those all things that you'll be removing in the next version?

alexander_32

May 13, 2015
Kyiv
Cool thanks! I did a standard wipe last night and it seems to be working fine now. But I like the idea of cleaning up the rom... Maybe I'll do it again as you suggested.
Are those all things that you'll be removing in the next version?

I don't want to offend anyone (maybe someone actually need it), so you need to do it by yourself. I recommend you to use SD Maid, you can easily delete those system apps with this tool. No need to reflash anything.

alexander_32

May 13, 2015
Kyiv
Is there any way to get the stock Marshmallow boot animation or at least restore the old one? I tried 2 zips from this thread and none of them worked. I think my kindle is in a bootloop (it's been 20+ minutes now).

Sent from my hammerhead using XDA Labs

Go to recovery and wipe everything (including internal storage). Follow instructions exactly, don't flash bootanimations or anything haven't mentioned in this thread. That's the best solution.

Geez, how are you was able to screw up your device? Literally, can't understand it. Is your TWRP version 3.0.2 by the way?

Go to recovery and wipe everything (including internal storage). Follow instructions exactly, don't flash bootanimations or anything haven't mentioned in this thread. That's the best solution.

Geez, how are you was able to screw up your device? Literally, can't understand it. Is your TWRP version 3.0.2 by the way?
I'm on TWRP 3.0.2. The rom was working perfect, nothing wrong with it. I was just trying to get the stock boot animation, didn't know flashing the zip would cause a bootloop. Is wiping everything my only solution? I don't wanna set up everything again :(

Edit: Maybe replacing the bootanimation.zip that came with the rom will fix it?

Last edited:

alexander_32

May 13, 2015
Kyiv
I'm on TWRP 3.0.2. The rom was working perfect, nothing wrong with it. I was just trying to get the stock boot animation, didn't know flashing the zip would cause a bootloop. Is wiping everything my only solution? I don't wanna set up everything again :(

Edit: Maybe replacing the bootanimation.zip that came with the rom will fix it?

You have already a bootloop. Yes, you need set up everything again. Or, if you have a backup - factory reset + restore from backup.

Reactions: dz_da3m0n

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
I don't want to offend anyone (maybe someone actually need it), so you need to do it by yourself. I recommend you to use SD Maid, you can easily delete those system apps with this tool. No need to reflash anything.

Wait, are you saying those apps are only included in the ROM because someone would be offended if you took them out??

Major_1st

Dec 16, 2016
Hello and thx a lot for this smooth rom (BeanStalk-6.25-20160920-tate.zip)!!! It is running for a couple of days now without any errors.
Battery uptime is great and with a 3rd camera-app (e.g. open camera) everything seems to work (though you may point out this more clearly in your 1st post ;) )!

The only thing what may could be improved is the oc-mod from r3t3ch (#42) that makes the device lagging.
It will be great if someone could bring that OC-mod to your last build!

Reactions: alexander_32

alexander_32

May 13, 2015
Kyiv
Hello and thx a lot for this smooth rom (BeanStalk-6.25-20160920-tate.zip)!!! It is running for a couple of days now without any errors.
Battery uptime is great and with a 3rd camera-app (e.g. open camera) everything seems to work (though you may point out this more clearly in your 1st post ;) )!

The only thing what may could be improved is the oc-mod from r3t3ch (#42) that makes the device lagging.
It will be great if someone could bring that OC-mod to your last build!

It's really better not to play with this stuff, in the OMAP4460 description it says "1200-1500 Mhz", so it will be better not to risk. And, most importantly, appreciate what we have. Having Marshmallows and Nougats by using "bowser" board I mean, we're really lucky. I'll try to upgrade stock zImage from 7.4.3 to 7.5.1 in the future, maybe something interesting will happen.

Dishe

Oct 18, 2006
Been running this ROM for nearly a year and it's been GREAT.
Recently I noticed that I'm having trouble when the device goes to sleep. It suddenly reboots and tries to start up again, but it is NOT bootlooping. It boots up just find, shows the home screen, then times out and goes to sleep, only to repeat after a few moments.
If I leave the device ON (as in, reading or watching videos), it works just fine. If I press the power button to put it to sleep, and then wake it up a moment later, it is also just fine. I'm guessing this only happens when it attempts to reach deep sleep. My solution for now has been to power the device down completely when done, but that's not practical. That means every time I use it I need to boot it all the way up from completely off again. I can't tell if this is a ROM problem or a hardware problem, so I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BeanStalk6_BeanStalk6.PNG

If you have building/development concerns or issues, Please visit the BeanStalk Development Thread to avoid cluttering this thread.

BeanStalk6_Screenshots.PNG

2nk8ff8.png

zvezxj.png

2lm1e02.png

BeanStalk6_Features.PNG

• CyanogenMod 13 based
    • Quicker system animations
    • Trimmed down fat and excess bloat
    • Option to enable all widgets
    • Numerous extra lockscreen options
    • LCD Density
    • Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
    • Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
    • 3-minit battery support
    • Clock and date options
    • Contextual Header - Original and Polygraphic
    • Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
    • Do not disturb option
    • Show notification count
    • Recent screen options
    • Customizable navigation bar
    • Use Omniswitch as default recents
    • Built-in screen record
    • Toast animations
    • App Circle bar
    • Gesture Anywhere
    • Disable FC warnings
    • Disable Immersive message
    • Force expanded Notifications
    • Configure scrolling cache
    • Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
    • Less frequent Notification sounds options
    • CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
    • Enable/disable wake up on charge option
    • Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
    • CM Performance options and features
    • Hide superuser icon
    • Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default
    • Numerous cherry-picks and improvements throughout the build, baked into the
    • awesomeness of existing CM layout.
    • Numerous other options hiding throughout the build. For a full list of changes and features, please
    • be sure to checkout change log below.

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
     Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

BeanStalk6_Bugs.PNG

Camera2 doesn't work. 3rd party camera apps work.

BeanStalk6_Gapps.PNG

Open Gapps

BeanStalk6_Changelog.PNG

BeanStalk Changelog

BeanStalk6_Installation.PNG

* Download ROM and the latest GAPPs.
    * Full wipe and format is ALWAYS suggested to avoid odd issues.
    * Flash ROM, GAPPs.
    * SUPERSU INSTALLATION
    * Wipe cache & dalvik cache
    * Reboot and enjoy the BeanStalk goodness.

BeanStalk6_Credits.PNG

@monster1612 @Hashcode @spezi77
    @transi1

BeanStalk source can be found HERE
    Skylinerv33 - Graphics and bootanimation - Thanks!
    Vaughn N - Endless support and help throughout the years.
    Cyanogenmod - HERE
    AICP - HERE
    CRDRoid - HERE
    Imoseyon, Flar2, Beanstown, anyone I forgot

BeanStalk6_Donate.PNG

Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE

SOURCE

local_manifest
    tate
    bowser-common
    omap4-common
    kernel
    proprietary

Want to support development? You can consider donating, my email is alexander324233@gmail.com. I spent countless of hours with this :)

Contributors:
    @alexander_32

Version Information
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.72+; 3.0.101+
    Based On: CyanogenMod
    Current Version: 6.25

TWRP BUILDS

Created 2016-07-15
    Last Updated 2016-10-09​
    That's it. No more versions of CM13 based ROMs from me. Those are the best ROMs based on CM13 in my opinion: Resurrection Remix, Bliss, Temasek's CM13 builds, BeanStalk, AICP and PAC ROM (in future, hopefully). You can bring other ROMs based on CM13 (and I encourage you to do it). You can send me PM if you want to bring new ROMs based on CM13, help me to update existing ROMs (or help me to build AOSP branches and kernels for tate). I've got only 2 cores with 4GB of RAM. I'll bring updates like once in 2-3 month (for each ROM).
    FINAL BUILD

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24728673521238399

Installation: Full wipe/Flash ROM + Open GApps
    New build (MOB30Z) with 3.0.72+ kernel.

Special thanks to @r3t3ch for the assistance.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424953335

Installation: full wipe / flash ROM + GApps / wipe cache + dalvik cache.