Kindle Fire HD 8.9 - Bluetooth Does not work with any rom

Search This thread

The_GreaseMan

Feb 4, 2016
Kindle fire HD 8.9- Rooted by following the cm kindle fire HD 8.9 wiki
Installed Recovery TWRP 2.8.7.0, device was wiped and internal storage formatted before each of the following roms were tested
gapps were downloaded from open gapps .org, the arm mini version was used with each respective rom. gapps were installed by adding the zip file to the list of items to be installed by twrp.
ROMS installed
CM 11
CM 12
CM 13
[resurrection remix 5.6.1] [jem] [6.0.1 marshmallow]
AICP - 11.0 - M 6.0.1 jem - unofficial

On each ROM either Bluetooth turns itself on and off constantly if you attempt to turn it on or the unfortunately Bluetooth share has stopped warning will constantly pop-up until the kindle is restarted.

After going through 5 roms I figure it must something I did wrong as the Bluetooth was working with the stock rom before I rooted the kindle , any ideas on what I should try to get Bluetooth working on this?

jintrigger

Jun 2, 2012
My Kindle has this exact problem. Was anyone able to resolve this? I have been on two roms with the issue the OP has.

ipipipipip

Aug 28, 2010
Do you have an LTE version of the device or not? There might be the case that wrong firmware is loaded. Most of the rom's provide 20mhz version, while jemlte uses firmware named `BCM2076_26MHZ.HCD`. You might try to replace the file /system/vendor/firmware/bcm2076_20mhz.hcd with the one from the stock rom `/system/etc/bluetooth/BCM2076_26MHZ.HCD`

Dark Schneider

Sep 3, 2010
This WORKS

Do you have an LTE version of the device or not? There might be the case that wrong firmware is loaded. Most of the rom's provide 20mhz version, while jemlte uses firmware named `BCM2076_26MHZ.HCD`. You might try to replace the file /system/vendor/firmware/bcm2076_20mhz.hcd with the one from the stock rom `/system/etc/bluetooth/BCM2076_26MHZ.HCD`

This worked perfectly. Thank you!

Mar 29, 2018
I don't have the BCM2076_26MHZ.HCD :( Can you send me the file?

ipipipipip

Aug 28, 2010
Sorry, haven't logged in for a while. Here you are, hope it helps.
The 20mhz one is for regular version and 26 for lte one, iirc)

Attachments

• firmwares.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 743

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.