FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fire OS 5.6.0.0

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Provided, Member on 20th January 2018, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This morning I woke up to find that my kindle fire hd 7 upgraded from 5.4.0.1 to 5.6.0.0.
This happened when my kindle was shut down because I have NoRoot Firewall installed and setup to block all ota updates.

This is the changelog:
FireOS 5.6.0.0 Release Notes
Your tablet has been updated to Fire OS 5.6.0.0 This update includes general improvements and performance enhancements.
  • Monitor your compatible smart home camera with Alexa - When you connect a compatible smart home camera to Alexa, you can access the live camera feed directly on your Fire tablet. Whenever you want to check your camera, just ask Alexa to show or hide the feed.
  • This update includes general improvements and performance enhancements.
  • Learn More about features from previous software updates.
  • Learn More about features from previous software updates. (Fire HD 10 7th Generation devices only)

PLEASE POST NEW FEATURES IN COMMENTS, AS WELL AS ROOTING EXPLOITS, DOWNGRADING OPTIONS, ETC. THANK YOU!
20th January 2018, 02:30 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

More
The Notifications now have symbols at the top left of the screen.
The Quick Settings below the brightness bar now include Bluetooth, replacing settings, which is now left of your profile picture.
When using the volume buttons, there is now a drop down menu to change other volume settings, like Media, System & Notifications, Alarms.
25th June 2019, 01:28 AM |#3  
Jackson
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cant authorize fire tablet
I purchased a fire tablet running fire os 5.6.4.0 and trying to authorize device for adb with no luck, i have tried everything that i can try online including contacting amazon support but cant figure out what I am missing, I am running windows 8.1 and using platform tools any help would be appreciated

i have turned on developer options, revoked authorizations reconnected, kill/start adb still unauthorized.
27th June 2019, 02:48 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddavid7625

I purchased a fire tablet running fire os 5.6.4.0 and trying to authorize device for adb with no luck, i have tried everything that i can try online including contacting amazon support but cant figure out what I am missing, I am running windows 8.1 and using platform tools any help would be appreciated

i have turned on developer options, revoked authorizations reconnected, kill/start adb still unauthorized.

try a different port, usb cable and/or pc

Sent from my Google Chromebook using XDA Labs
6th July 2019, 02:00 AM |#5  
Jackson
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry I took so long to get back to site I don’t do this forum stuff often, I have tried different usb cord, I have tried windows 10 instead of 8.1 any other suggestions?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
5.6.0.0, kindle fire hd 7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)