FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] cm-11-20150226-UNOFFICIAL-thor

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 16th December 2014, 09:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

Here is CM-11 (Android 4.4.4) for the kindle fire hdx 7" (THOR). You need a rooted hdx 7" (Thor) device with a firmware < 3.2.4 (3.2.3.2 ideally) and a signed recovery.

Todo
  • Bluetooth not working
  • Wifi won't correctly load when disabled at boot, a reboot is required
  • Minimal headphone volume too loud -> fixed
  • Incorrect color format in some scenario's ? (YouTube) -> fixed

Changelogs/Downloads
  • cm-11-20150226-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • Updated to amazon 4.5.3 binaries
    • Fully disable radio for now (thanks Andy-Voigt)
    • Fix twrp fstab (enabling twrp was breaking system rom to boot)
    • CM sources updated to 20150226
  • cm-11-20150219-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • CM sources updated to 20150219
  • cm-11-20150219-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • fix minimal video/media volume too high (youtube...)
    • switch back to tablet build
    • CM sources updated to 20150110
  • cm-11-20150108-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • Fix thermal engine (should give better battery life and performances)
    • Fix a lot of proprietary services (proprietary logs, acdb-loader, ril loading ...)
    • Set media volume steps to 100 instead 15 (allow finer volume control essentially for jack output)
    • Lowered minimal screen brightness
    • CM sources updated to 20150108
  • cm-11-20150107-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • Build without "hacks" (add Cuber signing and custom updater-script generation)
    • CM sources updated to 20150107
    • Enable telephony (will probably not work)
  • cm-11-20150101-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • use patched boot/recovery, thanks to @vortox
    • fix wrong color format ! (major bug resolved)
    • switch to kernel sources
  • cm-11-20141218-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • minors fixes
  • cm-11-20141217-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • fix wifi not reloading
    • fix overlay/rotation screen tearing
  • cm-11-20141216-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    • updated binaries to amz 4.5.2
    • properly use precompiled kernel and headers (amz 4.5.2)
    • fix minimal audio volume too high
    • add safestrap compatibility

Sources
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cpasjuste Ad-Free

16th December 2014, 10:12 AM |#2  
I'm sure the community here respects all of the work that you do. My post in the other thread was not intended to "get you in trouble". There are a set of rules that every user has to follow, regardless of their contributions to the community. That being said, when I was a newer member, I accidentally broke the rules a couple of times (nothing major) and didn't want the same to happen to someone else. (I never contacted @Divine_Madcat about your other thread, in case you were thinking I did.)
16th December 2014, 10:23 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3pwn

I'm sure the community here respects all of the work that you do. My post in the other thread was not intended to "get you in trouble". There are a set of rules that every user has to follow, regardless of their contributions to the community. That being said, when I was a newer member, I accidentally broke the rules a couple of times (nothing major) and didn't want the same to happen to someone else. (I never contacted @Divine_Madcat about your other thread, in case you were thinking I did.)

Yep i was tinking to that... so I'm also sorry. The thing is i spent a lot, lot of time on this port, and Divine_Madcat didn't even give me the time to update the first thread with the needed files/informations and ignore my pm which was an offense to me. Well i have to complies to the rules too but was a little chocked on how the thread got mad. Well, let's hope it won't be the same here. So that said i have no problem with you !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cpasjuste Ad-Free
16th December 2014, 01:33 PM |#4  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 2,674

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste

Yep i was tinking to that... so I'm also sorry. The thing is i spent a lot, lot of time on this port, and Divine_Madcat didn't even give me the time to update the first thread with the needed files/informations and ignore my pm which was an offense to me. Well i have to complies to the rules too but was a little chocked on how the thread got mad. Well, let's hope it won't be the same here. So that said i have no problem with you !

While i am sorry you are upset, it was not a slight at you at all. While i do try to keep an eye on XDA while at work, my job does come first and foremost, and i was unable to handle anything here yesterday (what can i say, 12 hour work days suck). As it was, i have literally nothing against you; to be frank, the report on the thread was the first i had even seen.
From my perspective, we had a placeholder thread, which is not allowed, so it was closed. I fully intended to reopen it, but gave my reasons above...

Anyway, i do wish you luck, and i really dont have any ill will to you...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Divine_Madcat For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Divine_Madcat Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 12:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
So....
Do we have unlocked bootloader or a root exploit for amazon firmware 4.5.2 soon? And do you have plan to release another for Apollo?

Thanks
17th December 2014, 01:22 PM |#6  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanda82

So....
Do we have unlocked bootloader or a root exploit for amazon firmware 4.5.2 soon? And do you have plan to release another for Apollo?

Thanks

Nobody knows. But there are a few people working on "unlocks" (at least booting an unsigned kernel). Maybe also jcase releases his unlock (which I doubt because of legal issues).
19th December 2014, 05:11 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi!

I have rooted Kindle Thor. How do I install this nice piece of software?
Like the Nexus rom? Currently I am on 3.2.7...

Thanks

URBANsUNITED
19th December 2014, 09:46 AM |#8  
Flag Nordhorn
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANsUNITED

Hi!

I have rooted Kindle Thor. How do I install this nice piece of software?
Like the Nexus rom? Currently I am on 3.2.7...

Thanks

URBANsUNITED

You need to be on 4.5.2 and rooted.
19th December 2014, 10:46 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyablo

You need to be on 4.5.2 and rooted.

Mmmmmhhh
Than this rom is basically usless
Who has a 4.5.2 Base and Rooted??? I would do it if I'll get the tools, no fear of a brick

Too bad. But Nevertheless Many thanks for the work and effort!
19th December 2014, 10:58 AM |#10  
Flag Nordhorn
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANsUNITED

Mmmmmhhh
Than this rom is basically usless
Who has a 4.5.2 Base and Rooted??? I would do it if I'll get the tools, no fear of a brick

Too bad. But Nevertheless Many thanks for the work and effort!

There are a few Users which do have an unlocked Bootloader, this Rom is only for these Users, as stated in the first Post.
19th December 2014, 11:24 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I decided to make the rom available in case i loose interest in this device (or if i ever die soon). This way when (if) a root exploit is available then you'll be ready to use it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cpasjuste Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)