Thanks Meter: 12

By gwardsc65, Member on 28th March 2019, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th April 2019, 06:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Nope. 4th gen bootloader remains locked. You are stuck with FireOS v5 and kludgy hit/miss root hacks.

Poo.

Ok, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the info - saves me wasting my time trying
The Following User Says Thank You to rprussell For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rprussell Ad-Free

27th April 2019, 02:34 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwardsc65;79219007
[url

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZNVL67ZBxbeJQRyXDX4S3WKLXFSVBiXVm37[/url]

Thanks very much for this guide. I succesfully flashed my Kindle Fire HDX 7" 3rd gen with AospExtended-v4.6-thor-20180610-0939-UNOFFICIAL.zip. Such a relief to find a guide that is updated rather than having to trawl through loads of comments to get the full picture.

Some feedback....
It task 5, I didnt know what you meant by: "Rather than rewrite this, I’m just going to use the memo
previously done for you".

And after flashing recovery, I was unable to boot into the system (could only get into Fastboot and Recovery). Not sure if this is normal or I missunderstood your guide.

And Task 5 steps: press and hold power button like you were trying to turn off the HDX, choose Restart, choose Recovery, choose OK
This didnt work either, but Pwr + Vol+ got me into Recovery.

Anyway, after I flashed AospExtended it all worked fine.
27th April 2019, 02:59 PM |#13  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant0

Thanks very much for this guide. I succesfully flashed my Kindle Fire HDX 7" 3rd gen with AospExtended-v4.6-thor-20180610-0939-UNOFFICIAL.zip. Such a relief to find a guide that is updated rather than having to trawl through loads of comments to get the full picture.

Some feedback....
It task 5, I didnt know what you meant by: "Rather than rewrite this, I’m just going to use the memo
previously done for you".

And after flashing recovery, I was unable to boot into the system (could only get into Fastboot and Recovery). Not sure if this is normal or I missunderstood your guide.

And Task 5 steps: press and hold power button like you were trying to turn off the HDX, choose Restart, choose Recovery, choose OK
This didnt work either, but Pwr + Vol+ got me into Recovery.

Anyway, after I flashed AospExtended it all worked fine.

Thanks very much for the feedback. Task 5 was originally written for my friend and rather than rewrite it, just used it as it was. The parts regarding the power button and choosing Restart, etc. , meant if he was starting from a custom rom. I will update Task 5 and eliminate the problem areas you have pointed out. Thanks again.
3rd May 2019, 06:51 PM |#14  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hey, @gwardsc65 its me again! I've followed all the steps but have came across a hurdle. I'm not able to use the command 'fastboot boot thor_twrp-3.2.3-1.img'. Everything else before just worked but not this. Furthermore, neither fastboot or adb can't see my HDX and is stuck on the fastboot screen. I'm using the original cable provided in the box, and am making the sure the driver I'm using is 'Android Composite' following your steps. My bootloader has been unlocked, its just that I can't boot (flash) into TWRP. I do await your reply, thanks.
3rd May 2019, 09:17 PM |#15  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owerevoke

Hey, @gwardsc65 its me again! I've followed all the steps but have came across a hurdle. I'm not able to use the command 'fastboot boot thor_twrp-3.2.3-1.img'. Everything else before just worked but not this. Furthermore, neither fastboot or adb can't see my HDX and is stuck on the fastboot screen. I'm using the original cable provided in the box, and am making the sure the driver I'm using is 'Android Composite' following your steps. My bootloader has been unlocked, its just that I can't boot (flash) into TWRP. I do await your reply, thanks.

Test to make sure the bootloader is in fact unlocked:

fastboot oem idme ?

If you get this - bootloader is unlocked
"fastboot oem idme ?"
(bootloader) board_id: 0c0400
(bootloader) serial: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) mac_addr: XXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) bt_mac_addr: XXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) productid: 0
(bootloader) productid2: 0
(bootloader) bootmode: 1
(bootloader) postmode: 0
(bootloader) bootcount: 1070
(bootloader) panelcal: ¦ ·
(bootloader) time_offset: 0
(bootloader) idme done
OKAY [ 0.329s]
Finished. Total time: 0.329s

and NOT this:

C:\adb>fastboot oem idme ?
FAILED (remote: 'oem idme not allowed for locked hw')
Finished. Total time: 0.040s

If not unlocked, either run unlock.bat or try fastboot flash unlock unlock.code.

If unlocked and you know you installed twrp correctly, just shut off the HDX. Restart the HDX holding power and volume + buttons together until logo appears and then release the power button. That should get you into twrp recovery. It may take you several attempts, if you haven't done it that way before.
4th May 2019, 01:25 PM |#16  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwardsc65

Test to make sure the bootloader is in fact unlocked:

fastboot oem idme ?

If you get this - bootloader is unlocked
"fastboot oem idme ?"
(bootloader) board_id: 0c0400
(bootloader) serial: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) mac_addr: XXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) bt_mac_addr: XXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) productid: 0
(bootloader) productid2: 0
(bootloader) bootmode: 1
(bootloader) postmode: 0
(bootloader) bootcount: 1070
(bootloader) panelcal: ¦ ·
(bootloader) time_offset: 0
(bootloader) idme done
OKAY [ 0.329s]
Finished. Total time: 0.329s

and NOT this:

C:\adb>fastboot oem idme ?
FAILED (remote: 'oem idme not allowed for locked hw')
Finished. Total time: 0.040s

If not unlocked, either run unlock.bat or try fastboot flash unlock unlock.code.

If unlocked and you know you installed twrp correctly, just shut off the HDX. Restart the HDX holding power and volume + buttons together until logo appears and then release the power button. That should get you into twrp recovery. It may take you several attempts, if you haven't done it that way before.

Am currently writing this on my Fire HDX with AOSPExtended installed. It seems that my Acer laptop isn't that nice to fastboot after all, as I had to borrow someone else's computer. Anyways, thank you very much for the step-by-step instructions you've provided.
4th May 2019, 01:46 PM |#17  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owerevoke

Am currently writing this on my Fire HDX with AOSPExtended installed. It seems that my Acer laptop isn't that nice to fastboot after all, as I had to borrow someone else's computer. Anyways, thank you very much for the step-by-step instructions you've provided.

AWESOME!! Thanks for the update.
9th May 2019, 10:30 PM |#18  

More
This is super helpful!
Thank you!
13th May 2019, 09:15 PM |#19  

More
I must be beyond noob

these are the files you need to have in the adb folder:
aboot_vuln.mbn
cuber
get_code.bat
get_code.sh
kingroot.apk
thor_twrp-3.2.3-1.img
twrp_cubed.img
unlock.bat
unlock.sh

Where does this folder go? Or do they need to be copied to an existing adb folder?
Also

aboot_vuln.mbn
twrp_cubed.img
thor_twrp-3.2.3-1.img

I guess these go in the Fire root?
Also

C:\adb>get_code
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
3467 KB/s (506072 bytes in 0.142s)
0x000011 0x648fa64a
15 KB/s (256 bytes in 0.015s)
Press any key to continue . . .

What is going on here? I run this and I get "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command" 6 times "press any key to continue" I am guessing I need to be running this in the Fire???

Your help is much appreciated.
13th May 2019, 10:44 PM |#20  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconminicon

I must be beyond noob

these are the files you need to have in the adb folder:
aboot_vuln.mbn
cuber
get_code.bat
get_code.sh
kingroot.apk
thor_twrp-3.2.3-1.img
twrp_cubed.img
unlock.bat
unlock.sh

Where does this folder go? Or do they need to be copied to an existing adb folder?
Also

aboot_vuln.mbn
twrp_cubed.img
thor_twrp-3.2.3-1.img

I guess these go in the Fire root?
Also

C:\adb>get_code
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
3467 KB/s (506072 bytes in 0.142s)
0x000011 0x648fa64a
15 KB/s (256 bytes in 0.015s)
Press any key to continue . . .

What is going on here? I run this and I get "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command" 6 times "press any key to continue" I am guessing I need to be running this in the Fire???

Your help is much appreciated.

I put ALL the files in my adb folder. It appears you have generated the unlock.code file. It also should be in the same folder as the unlock.bat file. If rooted and you have replaced recovery and aboot, then run the unlock.bat file to unlock the bootloader.

if you haven't done this, you must to avoid new problems:

adb shell
su
dd if=/sdcard/twrp_cubed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
dd if=/sdcard/aboot_vuln.mbn of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot

You should be able to find other help in the Tasks documents.

reread and see I misread stuff from your original post, old age does that to one.

yes, aboot_vuln.mbn and twrp_cubed.img need to be copied (windows file explorer) (or adb push) over to the HDX internal storage before what I stated above (dd=....), or it won't work
14th May 2019, 02:29 PM |#21  

More
Hi guys,

i think i bricked my device, at least i am stuck at fastboot after step 4.

all was fine until i started task 4. since i had the "cannot open for read: No such file or directory" message i started the "extra work needed". after adb push of "aboot" and "twrp" i restarted the device.

i started then again with "dd if=/sdcard/twrp_cubed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery <"

and then
"dd if=/sdcard/aboot_vuln.mbn of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot <"

but both times the numbers of the records in and out did not match with the ones in the description of the task.

Since it got late i wanted to stop again and try at some other time. sadly now i am stuck at the fastboot screen when i try to reboot the kindle fire.

when i plugg it to the pc it get recognized and get the "ready" on screen but can not find it by "adb devices". anything i can do?

best regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)