45 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By gwardsc65, Member on 28th March 2019, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th May 2019, 02:29 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys,

i think i bricked my device, at least i am stuck at fastboot after step 4.

all was fine until i started task 4. since i had the "cannot open for read: No such file or directory" message i started the "extra work needed". after adb push of "aboot" and "twrp" i restarted the device.

i started then again with "dd if=/sdcard/twrp_cubed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery <"

and then
"dd if=/sdcard/aboot_vuln.mbn of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot <"

but both times the numbers of the records in and out did not match with the ones in the description of the task.

Since it got late i wanted to stop again and try at some other time. sadly now i am stuck at the fastboot screen when i try to reboot the kindle fire.

when i plugg it to the pc it get recognized and get the "ready" on screen but can not find it by "adb devices". anything i can do?

best regards

14th May 2019, 07:40 PM |#22  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticketz

Hi guys,

i think i bricked my device, at least i am stuck at fastboot after step 4.

all was fine until i started task 4. since i had the "cannot open for read: No such file or directory" message i started the "extra work needed". after adb push of "aboot" and "twrp" i restarted the device.

i started then again with "dd if=/sdcard/twrp_cubed.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery <"

and then
"dd if=/sdcard/aboot_vuln.mbn of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot <"

but both times the numbers of the records in and out did not match with the ones in the description of the task.

Since it got late i wanted to stop again and try at some other time. sadly now i am stuck at the fastboot screen when i try to reboot the kindle fire.

when i plugg it to the pc it get recognized and get the "ready" on screen but can not find it by "adb devices". anything i can do?

best regards

Did you run the unlock.bat file to unlock the bootloader and get the Unlock code is correct in green shown on the HDX screen?

If not, in fastboot mode with the HDX indicating ready. (brighter white) , type the following:

fastboot flash unlock unlock.code

If you replaced recovery and aboot correctly, the bootloader should now be unlocked after issuing the above command.

If the bootloader is already unlocked and thor_twrp-3.2.3-1.img is in the same folder as your fastboot.exe file, you can issue the following to get into recovery mode:

fastboot boot thor_twrp-3.2.3-1.img

Once in recovery flash whatever custom rom you want.

adb commands do not work when in fastboot mode.
15th May 2019, 05:57 PM |#23  

More
AWESOME! that worked. Thank you very much. so happy with the tablet now!
6th June 2019, 09:57 PM |#24  

More
My device is in a boot loop and I am unable to even connect to adb. The device does not show up on device manager either. I have tried installing the device drivers given but it still does not show up. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
6th June 2019, 10:57 PM |#25  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumsty

My device is in a boot loop and I am unable to even connect to adb. The device does not show up on device manager either. I have tried installing the device drivers given but it still does not show up. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Not sure I can help much as I don't remember much about Safestrap. I think the first thing you must do is to get your HDX to communicate with your computer. 1-Click would probably be your best choice once you get the HDX and comptuer communicating. 1-Click, Bulk Mode, and this thread will not work otherwise. Can you get into recovery mode at all? Maybe the computer will be able recognize the HDX so you could at least load some files to internal storage and Install CM11 again??
The Following User Says Thank You to gwardsc65 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gwardsc65 Ad-Free
7th June 2019, 04:42 AM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwardsc65

Not sure I can help much as I don't remember much about Safestrap. I think the first thing you must do is to get your HDX to communicate with your computer. 1-Click would probably be your best choice once you get the HDX and comptuer communicating. 1-Click, Bulk Mode, and this thread will not work otherwise. Can you get into recovery mode at all? Maybe the computer will be able recognize the HDX so you could at least load some files to internal storage and Install CM11 again??

I can get it into fire system recovery and I reset to default but it still does not seem to be able to communicate with my computer.
7th June 2019, 01:02 PM |#27  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumsty

I can get it into fire system recovery and I reset to default but it still does not seem to be able to communicate with my computer.

Only other suggestion I can offer, is to try different usb cables and/or computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to gwardsc65 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gwardsc65 Ad-Free
11th June 2019, 08:50 PM |#28  

More
confused noob
Hello,
Davey126 was kind enough to link me to this thread but I still just can't figure out how to proceed. I have read all the posts here and downloaded all the files and yet I have no idea what to do.

I own a Kindle Nexus HDX 7 (2013, 32 GB) and currently the Nexus Rom (Android 4.2.2) and Safetrap 3.75 (TWRP v2.7.1.0) are installed. Dave126 sent me 2 links - one to this thread, the other to Multi-platform 1-Click bootloader unlock for *ANY* 3rd Gen HDX (with VirtualBox). However, as it is stated within the text of the second link that it "Does NOT work on Windows" I guess there is no use in following the instructions there. So I guess I have to follow the steps described in this thread. Do I have to uninstall Safetrap/the custom rom first? If so, how do I do that? I'm super sorry for being such a noob. Any kind of constructive feedback is welcome. Thanks a lot - also for making this thread in general. =)
11th June 2019, 11:25 PM |#29  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plektrum

Hello,
Davey126 was kind enough to link me to this thread but I still just can't figure out how to proceed. I have read all the posts here and downloaded all the files and yet I have no idea what to do.

I own a Kindle Nexus HDX 7 (2013, 32 GB) and currently the Nexus Rom (Android 4.2.2) and Safetrap 3.75 (TWRP v2.7.1.0) are installed. Dave126 sent me 2 links - one to this thread, the other to Multi-platform 1-Click bootloader unlock for *ANY* 3rd Gen HDX (with VirtualBox). However, as it is stated within the text of the second link that it "Does NOT work on Windows" I guess there is no use in following the instructions there. So I guess I have to follow the steps described in this thread. Do I have to uninstall Safetrap/the custom rom first? If so, how do I do that? I'm super sorry for being such a noob. Any kind of constructive feedback is welcome. Thanks a lot - also for making this thread in general. =)

I would like to help you out, but it would be better for Davey to answer where you should start from. I don't remember much about Safestrap and don't want you to get started off wrong. I may be able to help later on, if you need it. Wasn't there slots for a custom rom and Amazon stock? Do you have root access? Do you have adb access?

No matter where you start from, you can still get the necessary files organized, get adb and fastboot working and get the unlock code ready.
13th June 2019, 02:02 AM |#30  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plektrum

Hello,

I briefly looked at the Safestrap thread and I don't see any reason to uninstall anything. Just start from where you are. Safestrap is just a modified twrp recovery image over which you will flash the latest twrp recovery image, so that shouldn't be a problem. Any slots you may have created and the modified boot image will be over written when you flash a custom rom after unlocking the bootloader. I don't see a problem there either.

Your biggest challenge will be to get adb and fastboot working correctly, should be fairly easy after that. Start with Task 1 and work through the other Tasks, skipping through those you don't need (should have root access already, if I understood the Safestrap thread correctly).
13th June 2019, 03:56 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 9,216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwardsc65

I briefly looked at the Safestrap thread and I don't see any reason to uninstall anything. Just start from where you are. Safestrap is just a modified twrp recovery image over which you will flash the latest twrp recovery image, so that shouldn't be a problem. Any slots you may have created and the modified boot image will be over written when you flash a custom rom after unlocking the bootloader. I don't see a problem there either.

Your biggest challenge will be to get adb and fastboot working correctly, should be fairly easy after that. Start with Task 1 and work through the other Tasks, skipping through those you don't need (should have root access already, if I understood the Safestrap thread correctly).

Guidance is spot on. Just a minor clairification: Safestrap lives in the system and emulates TWRP - but isn't a true recovery. Stock recovery remains intact and can be invoked in the usual manner.

If FireOS remains in slot 0 SafeStrap can be uninstalled. However, there really isn't a need as bootloader unlock procedure is agnostic to currently installed ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)