Thanks Meter: 12

By gwardsc65, Member on 28th March 2019, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2019, 12:46 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwardsc65

Sorry about the last post, I thought I was answering someone else. The last sentence would have answered your question. I guess you should start with Task 1 and work through the rest of the Tasks. Best I can do for now as I have no way of knowing what you are doing or have done already.

I got it rooted the the bootloader unlocked. Twrp is installed. Now I'm stuck in fastboot.

18th June 2019, 03:05 AM |#42  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player594

I got it rooted the the bootloader unlocked. Twrp is installed. Now I'm stuck in fastboot.

In fastboot mode with it saying ready. in bright white on the HDX you can go directly to recovery mode

fastboot boot thor_3.2.3-1_recovery.img

replace thor_3.2.3-1_recovery.img with the applicable recovery image (thor or apollo) you used to replace the original recovery image that is in the same directory as fastboot.exe.

once in recovery you can follow Task 5 if need be to flash a custom rom
18th June 2019, 07:10 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Ok I got lineage os flashed, gapps and rooted. Tnx for the help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
18th June 2019, 09:22 PM |#44  
OP Member
Flag Greenville

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by player594

Ok I got lineage os flashed, gapps and rooted. Tnx for the help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesome. It's good to know we are able to help some of you guys.
20th June 2019, 08:00 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any plans for 4 Gen?
I noticed that 4 Gen is not supported due to some technical problems.
But I still want to consult, is there any plan or goal for 4 Gen? Will it be unlocked in the future?
Thanks.
20th June 2019, 11:34 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 9,222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederisk

I noticed that 4 Gen is not supported due to some technical problems.
But I still want to consult, is there any plan or goal for 4 Gen? Will it be unlocked in the future?
Thanks.

Highly unlikely. No one is working on these EOL 2014 vintage gizmos.
21st July 2019, 05:34 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Could Pie run on the Fire 7 HDX ?
Hi guys,
I have the fire 7 HDX 3rd gen. Great tablet but think it could easily run android Pie. I have built a few roms for my phones an am still learning how to build.
My question is before i expend a lot of wasted time trying to port Pie to the HDX is it even a possibility ? Obviously the device drivers and kernel will need to be updated.
I have a few ideas on the kernel perhaps use an updated kernel from a current Pie port from a device running Pie.
The drivers am not sure if they could be coaxed into running under Pie or if I'd need to also find updated drivers again from a Pie ported device.

Am I wasting my time even considering trying this ?
Any advice or feedback on this would be much appreciated so thanks in advance.
22nd July 2019, 02:49 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 9,222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemusW

Hi guys,
I have the fire 7 HDX 3rd gen. Great tablet but think it could easily run android Pie. I have built a few roms for my phones an am still learning how to build.
My question is before i expend a lot of wasted time trying to port Pie to the HDX is it even a possibility ? Obviously the device drivers and kernel will need to be updated.
I have a few ideas on the kernel perhaps use an updated kernel from a current Pie port from a device running Pie.
The drivers am not sure if they could be coaxed into running under Pie or if I'd need to also find updated drivers again from a Pie ported device.

Am I wasting my time even considering trying this ?
Any advice or feedback on this would be much appreciated so thanks in advance.

Please don't cross post in multiple threads within the same forum. Annoys the residents. Response here.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)