Post Reply Email Thread
1st February 2016, 05:06 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 321

Donate to Me
More
You could try this manual.
Without any changes, with Windows only and fastboot cable.
But first of all you need to check adb access (and su) if your kindle looping with gold logo.

9th February 2016, 09:29 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Bricked HDX 7" QHS-USB 4.5.5.1
Hello there!

Love the guide--you're a genius. Do we have updated files / procedures for firmware above 3.2.6?
9th February 2016, 09:41 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

Donate to Me
More
Hello.
TY.
It will not be soon =( better option is buy working motherboard on ebay.
BTW, how did you brick it to 9008 at 4.5.5 firmware?
9th February 2016, 09:49 AM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONYXis

BTW, how did you brick it to 9008 at 4.5.5 firmware?

Hah, I was using Safestrap and accidentally flashed over the stock operating system with ggow's Nexus 4.x ROM (I was very sleepy and didn't realize the stock ROM slot was active--stupid, stupid, stupid). By the time I figured out what I did it was too late. Tried to restore a backup, but it resulted in a hard brick. Now I just have an expensive paperweight... your steps work up until the point it freezes at 'Open serial port,' which was to be expected.
The Following User Says Thank You to derelitto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift derelitto Ad-Free
9th February 2016, 10:04 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

Donate to Me
More
It is very strange, with safestrap you can do nothing to get 9008. Did you try hold power button very long?
9008 bulk - mode that related to bootchain. But safestrap cannot change anything at bootchain.
I know too little about behavior of safestrap at 4.5.x fws, but too strange anyway.
But if it really hardbricked - sorry , the only option is above.
The Following User Says Thank You to ONYXis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ONYXis Ad-Free
9th February 2016, 10:25 AM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONYXis

It is very strange, with safestrap you can do nothing to get 9008. Did you try hold power button very long?
9008 bulk - mode that related to bootchain. But safestrap cannot change anything at bootchain.
I know too little about behavior of safestrap at 4.5.x fws, but too strange anyway.
But if it really hardbricked - sorry , the only option is above.

I don't think it was Safestrap per se-- I think it was the backup I created that Safestrap's TWRP tried to restore. It may have been a corrupted backup--I'm not sure. But you're right--it was completely unexpected. The thing is now only showing a permanent black screen, but my PC can detect it as 9008. Held the power button for five minutes to no avail--thinking I'm going to let the battery drain and try again in a day or so. If it still doesn't work, I guess I'm just gonna have to play the waiting game. (Funny story: I had bricked this thing once before and couldn't use it for a year until you posted this guide. I was able to revive, but then I started tinkering again. Looks like I'm back to where I was before. Ah well. I've learned my lesson for next time for sure--if there is a next time.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to derelitto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift derelitto Ad-Free
10th February 2016, 07:08 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hey basically the same story here safestrap did not make a backup of stock and ended up using the stock rom slot. Now its Hard bricked I guess. I did notice if I connected to my PC and held the power button for 70 -80 seconds it did do something that would make windows detect something there. Not sure if that is worth anything. Do you guys think there is some way to unbrick or is the only solution to replace the motherboard (I know it says only FW 1413.3)?

I have not been able to find a mother board online not even in ebay yet.

Also does the fastboot cable work even if the amazon HDX 8.9 3rd gen apollo is hard bricked?

The story of how exactly I bricked my HDX 8.9:

I downgraded from 14.4... to I forgot 14.3... then got root..., then installed safestrap... then like a fool I wiped the stock rom and installed CM 11 it was working fine but a bit laggy. I decided to try to unlock bootloader and try to install TWRP and later try out CM 13. This is where it went wrong, I made a backup of CM 11 and restored on rom slot worked ok. But then used the stock.bin to try to restore 14.3.2.3.2 by renaming update.zip (saw some videos about it) during the flash it shut off and from there it was Hard bricked. I tired holding the power button etc nothing was working. Now im stuck with a HB tablet with no way to fix it. I guess It serves me right for being impulsive and not reading things through.

Is anybody out there selling a motherboard?
10th February 2016, 08:25 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

Donate to Me
More
Hello.
Yes, your only solution to replace the motherboard at this moment.
But ,yes, many deals for HDX 7 on ebay. For apollo need to search.
For example - https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Parts/K...rd/IF239-037-1
10th February 2016, 02:53 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 9,220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianjb

Hey basically the same story here safestrap did not make a backup of stock and ended up using the stock rom slot. Now its Hard bricked I guess. I did notice if I connected to my PC and held the power button for 70 -80 seconds it did do something that would make windows detect something there. Not sure if that is worth anything. Do you guys think there is some way to unbrick or is the only solution to replace the motherboard (I know it says only FW 1413.3)?

I have not been able to find a mother board online not even in ebay yet.

Also does the fastboot cable work even if the amazon HDX 8.9 3rd gen apollo is hard bricked?

I downgraded from 14.4... to I forgot 14.3... then got root..., then installed safestrap... then like a fool I wiped the stock rom and installed CM 11 it was working fine but a bit laggy. I decided to try to unlock bootloader and try to install TWRP and later try out CM 13. This is where it went wrong, I made a backup of CM 11 and restored on rom slot worked ok. But then used the stock.bin to try to restore 14.3.2.3.2 by renaming update.zip (saw some videos about it) during the flash it shut off and from there it was Hard bricked. I tired holding the power button etc nothing was working. Now im stuck with a HB tablet with no way to fix it. I guess It serves me right for being impulsive and not reading things through.

Is anybody out there selling a motherboard?

Appears you made several key errors any one of which could have bricked your device. If you are successful in making repairs (replacing mother/daughter boards) check back before making another run at installing a custom rom. Suggest posting a brief synopsis of steps planned before taking action.
24th February 2016, 08:02 PM |#30  
Flag Bielefeld
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Amazing Work!

finally after about 1 and a half years i was able to unbrick my device.
Thank you so much!
The Following User Says Thank You to DerMarder For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DerMarder Ad-Free
7th March 2016, 09:29 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello,

i have a bricked hdx7 thor. i run cm11 with safestrap but i dont know what fire os version. could it be 1314.3.4.2. is there a way to find it out? the device stands with screen "kindle", no boot loop or green screen. when i put it on a windows 7 pc, the device manager shows "android" device. but i havenz install any drivers. must i install the fire hdx7 windows 7 drivers? whats the next step, install adb?

edit: its some month ago the brick. i disable ota, install safestrap and the cm 11 imgage. it works everything. but then i make a mistake and erase the fire os partition.

thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9008, brick, fastboot cable, hs-usb qdloader 9008, qhusb_bulk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)