FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Index] Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9" (3rd Gen/2013)

14,578 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,503

By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 20th September 2015, 09:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2018, 12:45 AM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusguy4

My understanding is that this method has been deemed dangerous and surpassed via newer methods like like placing the device in bulk mode and writing directly to the presented partition. If that is correct, remove the sticky?

What method

26th November 2018, 01:14 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

What method

Specifically the downgrade step to version 3.2.8 is described elsewhere on this forum as dangerous, possibly resulting in a brick. The unlock process is different for the other methods, like the one I'm attempting via "bulk mode".
26th November 2018, 01:42 AM |#23  
Quote:

Specifically the downgrade step to version 3.2.8 is described elsewhere on this forum as dangerous, possibly resulting in a brick. The unlock process is different for the other methods, like the one I'm attempting via "bulk mode".

Are you referring to
https://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...tured-t3046204 ?
26th November 2018, 01:52 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

Are you referring to
https://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...tured-t3046204 ?

That thread is 51 pages long, but yes, it seems to reference the problematic rollback step.
26th November 2018, 02:14 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 9,216

More
Quote:

That thread is 51 pages long, but yes, it seems to reference the problematic rollback step.

Yep - that method is exceptionally risky in the absence of precautions to avoid an OTA update that will result in an unrecoverable brick.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
26th November 2018, 03:51 AM |#26  
Quote:

Many threads on XDA contain instructions, that will cause damage to your device, if you do not follow the instructions exactly.
I will add a warning in the index.

Sent from my sailfish using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fire hd, hdx, index, kindle fire, sd_shadow

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)