4 Vote(s)
1.90%

Rollback to all devices that upgraded to 4.x

72 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By AmazonLeaker, Member on 20th November 2014, 07:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
HELLO ALL,

The OTA 4.1.1 & later 4.5.1 was pushed to Apollo & Saturn (NEW GEN HDX 8.9") Devices adding firefly functionality along with other functionality (WHICH ARE CRAP ACCORDING TO ME)

So in order to get the device back to JB ie.. 3.X version Contact amazon customer services and Say that the Kindle is not working properly after the updates & roll back to the 3.x version.

have the device fullly charged 80% or more and they will initiate a Rollback.

Remember the device will never Get any OTA after this !!

Also it would be a lot lot helpful if some one can locate the ota file downloaded (via ES file explorer) so that we can copy it & share on XDA & help other fellow men.

Also I'd request you to contact Amazon via Phone for Source Code & bootloader info & get the call escalated to higher officials so that there are possibilities of getting info.

I'd request all the devs & members to file a petition (Change.org) with regards to the bootloader and simultaneously work on development

All active members & Ashamed owners of HDX's (Ashamed because with marvellous hardware we have a Crappy OS) include or add devs in this sections via PM or replies so that they can look over this & find a solution soon.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AmazonLeaker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AmazonLeaker Ad-Free
20th November 2014, 07:54 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Also I'm thinking that a manual roll back can be done but it needs testing & i need some help in that as well

I believe all the magic is with build.prop & ota.prop that checks the versions.

Interested members can carry on the work here and update the results as well

In the mean time any suggestions are also appreciated
21st November 2014, 09:33 AM |#3  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 322

Donate to Me
More
Anyone who will do the rollback, please root device and place file /cache/recovery/last.log (something like that) here.
Thank you.
21st November 2014, 10:16 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONYXis

Anyone who will do the rollback, please root device and place file /cache/recovery/last.log (something like that) here.
Thank you.

What will that have?

Give as much as info possible please.

Another observation : As manual update via bin file can be done on Kindle, I opened the file via WinRar & was able to see contesnts as a Zip File so why cant we add su and required root files then update kindle ???

As far as the bin file check is concerned..build.prop edit will work
21st November 2014, 01:55 PM |#5  
Flag Kyiv

Donate to Me
More
This give to us name and location of rollback file and some other information about upgrade (downgrade) process.
It is necessary to start somewhere...
About your observation - we can''t flash modified bin in any way.
Btw during upgrade latest firmwares check not only build.prop but keys that located in system recovery. So modifying build.prop is not enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to ONYXis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ONYXis Ad-Free
21st November 2014, 06:14 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Well thanks a lot for the info mate I didn't knew that!!

Just for curiosity how will that file lead. Just need more info about it... I might get that file to you and will that file be even after s factory reset is performed?
21st November 2014, 06:22 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONYXis

This give to us name and location of rollback file and some other information about upgrade (downgrade) process.
It is necessary to start somewhere...
About your observation - we can''t flash modified bin in any way.
Btw during upgrade latest firmwares check not only build.prop but keys that located in system recovery. So modifying build.prop is not enough.

Do you have a HDX?
Which one n will there be any problem if I get thor's file? Does it need to be specific?

Can get the file n other stuff within 2 days to you..
Let me also know about keys n. Bin stuff... Atleast point me to some info thread I'll read...

btw a rollback editing bin file worked! I tried to do the same but on 4.5 os now

Any one on 4.3 can try opening 4.5.bin file adding root and then updating...may b can try atleast!?
22nd November 2014, 12:37 PM |#8  
Flag Kyiv

Donate to Me
More
rollback file is "mod-update-kindle-thor-13.3.2.6_user_713326020.bin"
it is all I know at this moment.

And "NO" again, every editing of original bin corrupts CRC, and file do not pass checking. Do not waste the time. Do you think that no one tried for a year to do it?
22nd November 2014, 06:33 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sorry if this is a dumb question but has anyone tried calling the support and asking them to rollback and had success? I just want to make sure that they will do it before I try it
22nd November 2014, 07:09 PM |#10  
Flag Kyiv

Donate to Me
More
Yes. Guy from my russian forum successfully rolled back after contacting support. So it possible. And he sent me logs of this downgrade in which I saw name of rollback-file - mod-update-kindle-thor-13.3.2.6_user_713326020.bin
The Following User Says Thank You to ONYXis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ONYXis Ad-Free
23rd November 2014, 04:43 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Got the Kindle on 14.3.2.7_user_372002520

Unable to root it ! ADB doesn't recognizes device anymore....

I was curious on .bin mod. (Yes i can imagine people trying to edit .bin but i needed an explanation thats it.....)

Now let me know what next !!! ??

How do i proceed ??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)