FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Steps to install stock 4.5.5.3 rom after deleting recovery in twrp

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By treysky54, Junior Member on 8th July 2019, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Unless I'm wrong, these are the steps to reinstall 4.5.5.3 fireos back into the hdx 7" thor after stock recovery was wiped in twrp.

1) Download fireos 4.5.5.3 last version from amazon official site.

2) Rename .bin to .zip

3) Put into root (sdcard) on fire

4) Boot into twrp recovery, install said zip

5) Done??? (I assume the one zip will install to the 3 partitions (.img) on the fire?

My story:
I followed the instructions, unlocked my bootloader, and installed custom rom. No problem. Problem is, I didn't make a stock fireos backup first. The real kicker, I advanced wiped everything in twrp before the custom rom. Now it seems I have nothing but twrp and my custom rom.
NOT ACTUALLY WANTING STOCK OS BACK, but I didn't root at the time of the custom rom install. I didn't care about root at the time, just the custom rom. But now I DO want root, but kingroot etc won't work now. I assume it only works with the stock install? Because I'm now on aospextended, it appears I'm on a Kindle Fire 7" on android 7.1.2

Any suggestions on how to simply get root now at the current condition my hdx is in now? Thanks alot, been coming here for a long time. I'm usually the type to just "try and see" and not really ask many questions, but man I don't wanna brick this and I know how touchy these can be.
 
 
8th July 2019, 03:15 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Wanted to add a few more clear details...

Device: Fire HDX 7" Thor
Came w/ 4.5.5.2 (never updated to 4.5.5.3)

Wanting ROOT.

No stock backup in TWRP (accidently wiped)
Running AOSPExtended 7.1.2 w/ gapps Pico
Tried multiple 1-click root methods (pc and apk versions)
Installed older rom at one point (lineage11 android 4.4.4) in hope root can be made on kitkat in case nougat was the issue.

Can I still get root from any method at my current state WITHOUT reverting back to stock fireos?

Notice that I do own a second hdx 7" that I've used kingroot on BEFORE wiping anything lol and it rooted just fine. But not this one after the rom(s) install. I guess I just don't know where to go after failing to get root post-twrp/rom.
8th July 2019, 06:12 PM |#3  
Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treysky54

Wanted to add a few more clear details...

Device: Fire HDX 7" Thor
Came w/ 4.5.5.2 (never updated to 4.5.5.3)

Wanting ROOT.

No stock backup in TWRP (accidently wiped)
Running AOSPExtended 7.1.2 w/ gapps Pico
Tried multiple 1-click root methods (pc and apk versions)
Installed older rom at one point (lineage11 android 4.4.4) in hope root can be made on kitkat in case nougat was the issue.

Can I still get root from any method at my current state WITHOUT reverting back to stock fireos?

Notice that I do own a second hdx 7" that I've used kingroot on BEFORE wiping anything lol and it rooted just fine. But not this one after the rom(s) install. I guess I just don't know where to go after failing to get root post-twrp/rom.

Why can't you just flash SuperSu or Magisk via twrp?
8th July 2019, 06:30 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi, the times I've done that, ended with a reboot into the Kindle logo (gray, not the gold). I left it for ages it seems with no change. So I would reboot back. Thought: don't tell me I needed to adb at that stage... never thought about it because it wasn't showing fastboot. Hmmm
8th July 2019, 09:30 PM |#5  
Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treysky54

Hi, the times I've done that, ended with a reboot into the Kindle logo (gray, not the gold). I left it for ages it seems with no change. So I would reboot back. Thought: don't tell me I needed to adb at that stage... never thought about it because it wasn't showing fastboot. Hmmm

This should be easy, unless I'm missing something.. Worst case get into twrp recovery and flash Asop or whatever custom rom, Gaaps, and SuperSu or Magisk ALL in the same session. Wipe cache and reboot.
9th July 2019, 03:29 AM |#6  
DB126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,233
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwardsc65

Why can't you just flash SuperSu or Magisk via twrp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwardsc65

This should be easy, unless I'm missing something.. Worst case get into twrp recovery and flash Asop or whatever custom rom, Gaaps, and SuperSu or Magisk ALL in the same session. Wipe cache and reboot.

Sorry mate, not the way it works on this device (3rd gen HDX). Bootloader must be unlocked to obtain root on any custom ROM based on Android 5+. There are no (reasonable) workarounds or exceptions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by treysky54

Hi, the times I've done that, ended with a reboot into the Kindle logo (gray, not the gold). I left it for ages it seems with no change. So I would reboot back. Thought: don't tell me I needed to adb at that stage... never thought about it because it wasn't showing fastboot. Hmmm

Expected symptom when attempting to secure root on a bootloader locked HDX.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
9th July 2019, 03:33 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ahhh... so it somehow got locked back and need to redo the procedure?
9th July 2019, 03:38 AM |#8  
DB126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,233
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treysky54

Unless I'm wrong, these are the steps to reinstall 4.5.5.3 fireos back into the hdx 7" thor after stock recovery was wiped in twrp.

1) Download fireos 4.5.5.3 last version from amazon official site.

2) Rename .bin to .zip

3) Put into root (sdcard) on fire

4) Boot into twrp recovery, install said zip

5) Done??? (I assume the one zip will install to the 3 partitions (.img) on the fire?

My story:
I followed the instructions, unlocked my bootloader, and installed custom rom. No problem. Problem is, I didn't make a stock fireos backup first. The real kicker, I advanced wiped everything in twrp before the custom rom. Now it seems I have nothing but twrp and my custom rom.
NOT ACTUALLY WANTING STOCK OS BACK, but I didn't root at the time of the custom rom install. I didn't care about root at the time, just the custom rom. But now I DO want root, but kingroot etc won't work now. I assume it only works with the stock install? Because I'm now on aospextended, it appears I'm on a Kindle Fire 7" on android 7.1.2

Any suggestions on how to simply get root now at the current condition my hdx is in now? Thanks alot, been coming here for a long time. I'm usually the type to just "try and see" and not really ask many questions, but man I don't wanna brick this and I know how touchy these can be.

No need to restore stock. Use MTP in TWRP to transfer (push) a KitKat based custom ROM zip to device, install and then go through bootloader unlock procedure. Suggest using Fire Nexus as the interim ROM as it is self contained with GApps and SuperSU built in.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...tu84q-t3322931

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by treysky54

Ahhh... so it somehow got locked back and need to redo the procedure?

That's what the symptoms suggest. What makes you believe the device was properly unlocked sometime in the past?
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes