FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Thank you, to all developers for HDX !!!

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Hamp0r, Junior Member on 10th August 2018, 10:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

i just want to thank all the developers for the Fire HDX devices for their great job
I think, that the Fire HDX devices still have a great performance, even they are from 2013. I am running 4 HDX devices with firmwares posted here at XDA, and they are running smoothly and i am using most of them every day, due to different reasons.

I know only ggow by name, but there are several other developers who did a great job unleashing the power of the HDX devices to the community and liberating them from the Amazon caged enviroment.

THANK YOU

Mods, if this kind of thread is not allowed, please consider that the developers might appreciate some kind of feedback for their great work.

Personally, I have "freed" two of my HDX devices from 4.5.5.3 and got TWRP using this instruction:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1006
And then flashing root (Magisk) and firmware https://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...ended-t3691138

If you would like to express your gratitude to the HDX developers, and if you also had a profit from the works done from the HDX developers here at XDA would like to ask you to put an answer in this thread.

Yours,
Hamp0r

28th August 2018, 06:37 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Error when running fastboot commands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamp0r

Hi,

i just want to thank all the developers for the Fire HDX devices for their great job
I think, that the Fire HDX devices still have a great performance, even they are from 2013. I am running 4 HDX devices with firmwares posted here at XDA, and they are running smoothly and i am using most of them every day, due to different reasons.

I know only ggow by name, but there are several other developers who did a great job unleashing the power of the HDX devices to the community and liberating them from the Amazon caged enviroment.

THANK YOU

Mods, if this kind of thread is not allowed, please consider that the developers might appreciate some kind of feedback for their great work.

Personally, I have "freed" two of my HDX devices from 4.5.5.3 and got TWRP using this instruction:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1006
And then flashing root (Magisk) and firmware https://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...ended-t3691138

If you would like to express your gratitude to the HDX developers, and if you also had a profit from the works done from the HDX developers here at XDA would like to ask you to put an answer in this thread.

Yours,
Hamp0r

I am following the exact same instructions but whenever I get to the part where you put your kindle into fastboot mode, I am able to get into fastboot mode but I keep getting an error message when running the command below stating that there is no partition found. Have you or anyone else run into this issue? Or does anyone know a fix for it? I am on fireos 4.5.5.3 also and am using a factory cable. Anything would help!

fastboot -i 0x1949 erase aboot
29th August 2018, 03:10 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9,216

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryjo20

I am following the exact same instructions but whenever I get to the part where you put your kindle into fastboot mode, I am able to get into fastboot mode but I keep getting an error message when running the command below stating that there is no partition found. Have you or anyone else run into this issue? Or does anyone know a fix for it? I am on fireos 4.5.5.3 also and am using a factory cable. Anything would help!

fastboot -i 0x1949 erase aboot

You do not need to use a "factory cable" as it offers no benefit on this device; any high quality USB cable will do. Symptoms suggest a typo or stray invisible character on the command line. If confident all is well you may want to root which offers more options at the fastboot prompt.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)