FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[[[OUTDATED]]] [TUT] Your Kindle | ROOTED | NO OTA'ED | SAFESTRAPPED

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 38
 
By taette, Member on 27th November 2014, 10:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th February 2016, 07:56 PM |#181  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

First step is to root using KingRoot. Plenty of guidance in these forums or on the Web (Bing/Google). Then look through the Safestrap v4 thread. This will only work for 3rd gen devices; can't install Safestrap or custom roms on 4th gen (yet).

I thought first step is to roll back
 
 
19th February 2016, 09:05 PM |#182  
DB126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,216
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt12345

I thought first step is to roll back

FireOS 4.5.5.1 can be rooted and supports SafeStrap v4. This is a fairly new development. Prior version of FireOS above 4.5.2 could not be rooted and/or did not support Safestrap. Amazon doled out a gift with the 4.5.5.1 update.
19th February 2016, 10:06 PM |#183  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
OK.
So why do people roll back to 3.2.8 then?
20th February 2016, 12:54 AM |#184  
DB126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,216
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt12345

OK.
So why do people roll back to 3.2.8 then?

Prior to 4.5.5.1 it was the only path to getting to a rootable version of FireOS v4 (rollback to 3.2.8 then upgrade to 4.5.2).
20th February 2016, 07:33 AM |#185  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
OK got Nexus ROM installed in stock slot
Thanks!
3rd August 2018, 09:57 AM |#186  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Don't factory reset - at least not yet. Path forward:
- remove Xposed, Safestrap and any other app that has hooks into the system (basically anything that requires root access). Retain Fire OS 13.3.x, root and SuperSu.
- download 3.2.5 here; print upgrade instructions
- disconnect from wifi and remove all wifi profiles
- disable/remove OTA blocker (if installed)
- upgrade to 3.2.5 using previously referenced instructions
- reroot using HDX toolkit (optionally block OTA with the same tool if you plan to enable wifi; must be unblocked for next step)
- downgrade to 13.1.0 (here) following instructions in lower part of post. DO NOT MESS WITH BUILD.PROP!
- install twrp (here). Disregard bootloader unlock and 3.2.3.2 firmware guidance for now
- upgrade boot loader to 3.2.3.2 (here)
- flash Nexus 2.0.5 or CM11 (you can't get to CM12 without additional steps)

This is just a rough outline; you need to do your homework for each step. Read the relevant threads and take note of cautions and gotchas. Be aware there is significant risk associated with some steps that can yield a hard brick. Plan your actions and don't take any step without an understanding of expected and unexpected outcomes. Post questions in the forums if you are unsure.

A more expansive version of the above along with bootloader unlock guidance can be found here. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Don't factory reset - at least not yet. Path forward:
- remove Xposed, Safestrap and any other app that has hooks into the system (basically anything that requires root access). Retain Fire OS 13.3.x, root and SuperSu.
- download 3.2.5 here; print upgrade instructions
- disconnect from wifi and remove all wifi profiles
- disable/remove OTA blocker (if installed)
- upgrade to 3.2.5 using previously referenced instructions
- reroot using HDX toolkit (optionally block OTA with the same tool if you plan to enable wifi; must be unblocked for next step)
- downgrade to 13.1.0 (here) following instructions in lower part of post. DO NOT MESS WITH BUILD.PROP!
- install twrp (here). Disregard bootloader unlock and 3.2.3.2 firmware guidance for now
- upgrade boot loader to 3.2.3.2 (here)
- flash Nexus 2.0.5 or CM11 (you can't get to CM12 without additional steps)

This is just a rough outline; you need to do your homework for each step. Read the relevant threads and take note of cautions and gotchas. Be aware there is significant risk associated with some steps that can yield a hard brick. Plan your actions and don't take any step without an understanding of expected and unexpected outcomes. Post questions in the forums if you are unsure.

A more expansive version of the above along with bootloader unlock guidance can be found here. Good luck!

Huge thanks, that time I have asked your help I did not expect doing the “homework” will be so complicated. Few years ago I found it impossible to carry out all this steps without making any mistakes but here I am again.
Last week I found my tablet in my mom’s house as she carried on using it until its crashes got really annoying. After charging overnight it could turn it on, remove Safestrap, and xposed framework, and I got TWRP 2.8.7 back, made a backup of everything just in case, then i started researching if there is anything new that would make my job easier. Found a comment of yours somewhere where you expained step-by-step how to unlock the bootloader on 13.3.1.0, updated TWRP to 3.1.1.-1, then followed ggow’s instructions to flash AOSP Extended with gapps and magisk.
Everything worked well for the first try so my tablet is up running again, following questions will be asked in relevant threads )
The Following User Says Thank You to eszge100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eszge100 Ad-Free
3rd August 2018, 12:17 PM |#187  
DB126's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9,216
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eszge100

Huge thanks, that time I have asked your help I did not expect doing the “homework” will be so complicated.

Glad you were able to work through the procedures and revitalize your HDX. A tip-of-the hat in your direction as it speaks to personal discipline and tenacity. Suspect several learnings took place along the way that will prove beneficial downstream. Enjoy your revitalized device!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
13.3.1.0, 13.3.2.4, kindle, root, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes