Kindle Fire HDX 7 reboot issue

Search This thread

blade22

Jun 23, 2013
Hi Friends,

I have Kindle Fire HDX 7 with latest version of FireOS installed.

Last few days, I am facing strange issue. The issue is my kindle screen show zero battery indicator (Red) and doesnot boot to Android. But if I connect charger, it boots properly to Android and I can access everything.
But, as soon as I remove the charger, it reboots and show zero battery indicator and thats it...even though I have 96% battery remaining. :(

What is the problem ?
I tried factory reset but still the problem persists. :crying:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hi Friends,

I have Kindle Fire HDX 7 with latest version of FireOS installed.

Last few days, I am facing strange issue. The issue is my kindle screen show zero battery indicator (Red) and doesnot boot to Android. But if I connect charger, it boots properly to Android and I can access everything.
But, as soon as I remove the charger, it reboots and show zero battery indicator and thats it...even though I have 96% battery remaining. :(

What is the problem ?
I tried factory reset but still the problem persists. :crying:
Likely the battery pack is failing to hold a charge (minimal voltage level and/or ability to deliver required required current) despite indicator showing a full charge. Battery level is sampled on a periodic basis, typically every 10-30 sec. The level reported is likely based on the last sample after coming off charge prior to the rapid fall off which is characteristic of a failing/failed battery.

blade22

Jun 23, 2013
Likely the battery pack is failing to hold a charge (minimal voltage level and/or ability to deliver required required current) despite indicator showing a full charge. Battery level is sampled on a periodic basis, typically every 10-30 sec. The level reported is likely based on the last sample after coming off charge prior to the rapid fall off which is characteristic of a failing/failed battery.

Yes, that's one of the reasons of battery.

But I want to make sure if its not a problem with Kernel. Coz I remember I had faced this issue earlier.

I kept it on charging for 15mins and the battery never got past 96%

Can I flash the official kernel via fastboot mode ? may be that could help.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Yes, that's one of the reasons of battery.

But I want to make sure if its not a problem with Kernel. Coz I remember I had faced this issue earlier.

I kept it on charging for 15mins and the battery never got past 96%

Can I flash the official kernel via fastboot mode ? may be that could help.
The symptoms you described do not match what would be expected from a kernel fault. If bootloader is unlocked you can flash Lineage 14.1 which contains an updated kernel. There is no off-the-shelf method for replacing the stock kernel.