[DEV] Bootloader unlock procedure and software

202 posts
Thanks Meter: 135

By dpeddi, Senior Member on 14th February 2015, 01:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th February 2015, 11:17 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I unlocked my tablet using this procedure. Everything went smoothly and I had no problems using the python version for my unlock code.

28th February 2015, 09:27 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1,355

Donate to Me
More
Thanks, good work dpeddi ! I should not browse only my bookmarked threads
1st March 2015, 03:25 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 454

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzwhx

Hello @draxie ,sorry for the replay ,but I just don't understand your method here ,could you tell us step by step to do the unlock ?I don't know what to do after I got the mmssssssss.unlock .all steps on Windows system,no linux the whole time ,right ?
all the tools we need to it with your method are CMD ,ADB,FASTBOOT and Python ,right ?

The procedure is the same as in the very first post,
except that you use the python script to generate the unlock code.
@ceyo14 has also posted another step-by-step guide.
2nd March 2015, 05:19 AM |#104  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 321

Donate to Me
More
Developers, noob question =)
Why we cannot replace in firmwares >= 13.3.2.7 aboot, sbl1, tz, rpm, etc through dd with old versions for unlocking ?
The Following User Says Thank You to ONYXis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ONYXis Ad-Free
2nd March 2015, 07:21 PM |#105  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONYXis

Why we cannot replace in firmwares >= 13.3.2.7 aboot, sbl1, tz, rpm, etc through dd with old versions for unlocking ?

Amazon implemented an anti-rollback method. When an older bootloader is run after the anti-rollback fuse has been set, the device will be permanently hardbricked with no way of ever being able to repair it.
2nd March 2015, 07:37 PM |#106  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 321

Donate to Me
More
But I think that this antirollback is started after trying rollback by recovery command.
2nd March 2015, 09:55 PM |#107  
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
I used the guide described by @ceyo14 from his step-by-step guide, yet I get an error that my unlock code is not correct. Is anyone else seeing this?

Edit: I am on 3.2.4 TWRP for Apollo. Is that my problem? I'll downgrade and try again.
4th March 2015, 03:08 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
after downgrade to 3.1.0 I managed to unlock bootloader. I flashed TWRP recovery by this command: "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery xxxx.img" It showed job is done (all are in green color). But when I reboot to recovery it is still the original amazon recovery.

I tried ggow's adb command , and it works (ggow command:http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...pollo-t2991155)

I wonder my bootloader is unlocked or not??
4th March 2015, 07:17 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuanda82

after downgrade to 3.1.0 I managed to unlock bootloader. I flashed TWRP recovery by this command: "fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery xxxx.img" It showed job is done (all are in green color). But when I reboot to recovery it is still the original amazon recovery.

I tried ggow's adb command , and it works (ggow command:http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...pollo-t2991155)

I wonder my bootloader is unlocked or not??

How did you downgrade ? And to what version ? Device model ?
4th March 2015, 07:53 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonLeaker

How did you downgrade ? And to what version ? Device model ?

To downgrade, you can read this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2782159
My tablet is 8.9" HDX code name: Apollo
I downgraded to 3.1.0
4th March 2015, 06:45 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 1,355

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONYXis

That's not a bad idea, I'll try to find the time to inspect fuses stuff in the first time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)