[ROM][7.1.2] LineageOS for microG [6/17/18]

Search This thread

steamport

Oct 24, 2017
Code:
I am not responsible for anything that happens as a result of you using the ROM. Sure, i'm willing to help with bugs, but if you get fired because the Alarm app crashed, gremlins crawl out of your arse, thermonuclear war starts, or if your progress in Clash of Clans gets reset, i'm not the one to blame.

Features
Code:
microG and F-Droid pre-installed
Anything else LineageOS can do
Is not certified cancer-free in California

Stuff you need to actually use this
- Unlocked Bootloader (duh). Seriously, I will ignore you if you mention that you tried to boot this with Safestrap.
- Update TWRP to Android-7.1 builds located here. Please make sure to use the recovery image which is appropriate for your device (Thor or Apollo)

How do I actually install this?
- Backup existing ROM if you want. Or don't. I don't really care, truth be told.
- Wipe /data partition. You can keep media storage if you want, but I prefer to format it to make it SQUEAKY CLEAN
- Flash the .zip
- Do not flash OpenGapps. Or any Gapps. That defeats the purpose of microG.
- Flash any other crap you want. This'll probably Magisk.
- Reboot.

Downloads
AndroidFileHost: Thor, Apollo

Extra junk you might want
Magisk
Yalp Store (play store wrapper)
Flashable Standalone Google Play Store

Sources
I didn't make any of this. I just compiled and signed it. People smarter than me, like hashcode and ggow did, made this work on the HDX. Lots of other people made LineageOS and microG. Thanks to you all.
Phoenix Kernel
HDX-Common device tree
Thor device tree
Apollo device tree
Docker instance that I use to build this

How do I tell the NSA didn't tamper with my download?!
Luckily, I signed the builds with my own key!
Code:
$ keytool -list -printcert -jarfile lineage-14.1-20180613-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
Signature:
Owner: EMAILADDRESS=steamport@protonmail.com, CN=steamport, OU=steamport, O=steamport, C=US
Issuer: EMAILADDRESS=steamport@protonmail.com, CN=steamport, OU=steamport, O=steamport, C=US
Serial number: b1b3cdcf593b5030
Valid from: Tue Jun 12 20:49:48 EDT 2018 until: Sat Oct 28 20:49:48 EDT 2045
Certificate fingerprints:
	 MD5:  13:E0:38:54:47:CC:FA:B8:24:50:16:6D:41:90:C7:4F
	 SHA1: 5F:AD:C9:4B:43:D3:1E:C3:6B:5F:86:DE:6A:F6:C7:F8:72:CB:B7:04
	 SHA256: BB:A1:BB:0F:7B:E1:62:2D:87:27:FE:EC:C5:CA:C6:B7:E3:EA:1A:CB:32:33:7E:F4:2C:D6:BC:BC:6E:46:27:CC
Signature algorithm name: SHA256withRSA
Subject Public Key Algorithm: 2048-bit RSA key
Version: 3

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS for microG, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
steamport
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, TWRP
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-06-13
Last Updated 2018-06-22

Reactions: lokalkey

steamport

Oct 24, 2017
so confuse about microg. there are some games we must live with google play or the games can't run.
but micro g are great for user who not play games rely on google play.

What is there to be confused about? Yes, Google Play Games doesn't work with microG yet. Just don't play with games that mine your data. Problem solved. Or just try to lubricate it with cat piss. I don't care.

Reactions: DB126

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Bluetooth issue ? I still use kitkat because i can use bluetoooth. But so boring ..
Likely won't be any different with this ROM as core issue resides at the kernel level. Inconsistent connection behavior leads to erroneous claims based on individual experiences but really not ROM related other than the binary KitKat (Android 4.4.x) or above checkpoint.

kfhdxuser

Jun 21, 2018
Firstly this is an amazing ROM! Well done to you and the team! However, the recent Apollo release is broken. Not sure about the Thor version, i would check but the device I bricked because I was messing around... :( Anyway it boots successfully but the screen is blank and is still turned on, no boot animation other than the generic grey kindle fire. I can still tap the screen and hear android feedback noises after waiting awhile so it works! Just I cant see anything :laugh: The previous release worked fine, no problems! Maybe you could keep the recent previous releases available for download for backups in case? Thanks again ;)

Edit: Obviously I have the bootloader unlocked etc. Using latest TWRP if that helps at all.

Last edited:

steamport

Oct 24, 2017
Firstly this is an amazing ROM! Well done to you and the team! However, the recent Apollo release is broken. Not sure about the Thor version, i would check but the device I bricked because I was messing around... :( Anyway it boots successfully but the screen is blank and is still turned on, no boot animation other than the generic grey kindle fire. I can still tap the screen and hear android feedback noises after waiting awhile so it works! Just I cant see anything :laugh: The previous release worked fine, no problems! Maybe you could keep the recent previous releases available for download for backups in case? Thanks again ;)

Edit: Obviously I have the bootloader unlocked etc. Using latest TWRP if that helps at all.

I don't have an apollo, so can you do some debugging for me? ADB into it. It'll ask for authorization on the screen, just guess where the OK button is til it works. Anyways, when you do get adb auth, run this:
Code:
adb shell
logcat > log.txt
exit
adb pull log.txt
, then put the log.txt on pastebin and give me the link

Last edited:

kfhdxuser

Jun 21, 2018
Been trying for about an hour now all i'm getting is feedback noises, is the confirmation dialog being prevented due to the setup process if there is one? Cant seem to get out of it and ADB keeps saying the device is unauthorized. I'll keep trying on the OS and once i get anything i'll update you as soon as i can. :)

Last edited:

steamport

Oct 24, 2017
Been trying for about an hour now all i'm getting is feedback noises, is the confirmation dialog being prevented due to the setup process if there is one? Cant seem to get out of it and ADB keeps saying the device is unauthorized. I'll keep trying on the OS and once i get anything i'll update you as soon as i can. :)

I've seen the dialog pop up as soon as it finishes booting

kfhdxuser

Jun 21, 2018
Done!

I've seen the dialog pop up as soon as it finishes booting

Okay i've got a log file after a few unsuccessful attempts, i'm not sure why the code you gave me did not work but I tried myself using "adb shell adb logcat -d > Lineage14.1.txt" and that seemed to do the trick. (Hopefully this is what you were after).

I tried to upload this to pastebin but it refused so i've uploaded it to an alternative website here: https://paste.ee/p/kL4Ur

Last edited:

steamport

Oct 24, 2017
Okay i've got a log file after a few unsuccessful attempts, i'm not sure why the code you gave me did not work but I tried myself using "adb shell adb logcat -d > Lineage14.1.txt" and that seemed to do the trick. (Hopefully this is what you were after).

I tried to upload this to pastebin but it refused so i've uploaded it to an alternative website here: https://paste.ee/p/kL4Ur

Thanks.... this is a weird log. It mentions turning the screen on several times? Can you try fully wiping system and reinstalling?

kfhdxuser

Jun 21, 2018
Thanks.... this is a weird log. It mentions turning the screen on several times? Can you try fully wiping system and reinstalling?

Yep i'll do that, was it the method that I used to extract the log file that could be the culprit? I should probably mention that you can see the screen when it turns off and on its just a different shade of black indicating that the screen works but it just won't display anything if that makes sense. I'll do a complete wipe and start again to see if its any different this time around.

Edit: Here is the new log: https://paste.ee/p/VK4oS
^^^
I've noticed it is considerably smaller this time around so hopefully this a good sign haha.
It is weird how the previous release worked and this one doesn't, i'd assume it's an application interfering from the latest build but if it works on Thor then it mustn't be right? Maybe something was accidentally changed for the Apollo release somewhere. Sorry if my ramblings aren't useful

Last edited:

bobcat131

Sep 15, 2013
Venice
I don't have an apollo, so can you do some debugging for me? ADB into it. It'll ask for authorization on the screen, just guess where the OK button is til it works. Anyways, when you do get adb auth, run this:
Code:
adb shell
logcat > log.txt
exit
adb pull log.txt
, then put the log.txt on pastebin and give me the link

I've got the same problem. Loads but no screen and unable to find the "ok" to authorize the device. There must be a better way.
I will revert back to previous version until this is fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New zips are out. I just updated microG's GMSCore to one I built myself based on master and a fix PR. Also pulled from latest Lineage 14.1 sources.
    I successfully flashed the build, but screen-rotating is not working for me, and it was working previously on the non microg LOS build. Anyone has this issue?
    Common issue faced by new ROM maintainers for Amazon devices. Best stick with one of the more mature builds until issues are ironed out.
    I'm going to update this ROM when a version of microG services core is released that actually works with the latest app updates.
    Please find a new build here:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=291502

The security patch is dated March 2019 and it uses the ng-7.1 branch for the kernel.
    There seems to be an issue with Google Maps though. It always crashes for me when I am closing it.

Have fun!
    Code:
    I am not responsible for anything that happens as a result of you using the ROM. Sure, i'm willing to help with bugs, but if you get fired because the Alarm app crashed, gremlins crawl out of your arse, thermonuclear war starts, or if your progress in Clash of Clans gets reset, i'm not the one to blame.

Features
    Code:
    microG and F-Droid pre-installed
    Anything else LineageOS can do
    Is not certified cancer-free in California

Stuff you need to actually use this
    - Unlocked Bootloader (duh). Seriously, I will ignore you if you mention that you tried to boot this with Safestrap.
    - Update TWRP to Android-7.1 builds located here. Please make sure to use the recovery image which is appropriate for your device (Thor or Apollo)

How do I actually install this?
    - Backup existing ROM if you want. Or don't. I don't really care, truth be told.
    - Wipe /data partition. You can keep media storage if you want, but I prefer to format it to make it SQUEAKY CLEAN
    - Flash the .zip
    - Do not flash OpenGapps. Or any Gapps. That defeats the purpose of microG.
    - Flash any other crap you want. This'll probably Magisk.
    - Reboot.

Downloads
    AndroidFileHost: Thor, Apollo

Extra junk you might want
    Magisk
    Yalp Store (play store wrapper)
    Flashable Standalone Google Play Store

Sources
    I didn't make any of this. I just compiled and signed it. People smarter than me, like hashcode and ggow did, made this work on the HDX. Lots of other people made LineageOS and microG. Thanks to you all.
    Phoenix Kernel
    HDX-Common device tree
    Thor device tree
    Apollo device tree
    Docker instance that I use to build this

How do I tell the NSA didn't tamper with my download?!
    Luckily, I signed the builds with my own key!
    Code:
    $ keytool -list -printcert -jarfile lineage-14.1-20180613-UNOFFICIAL-thor.zip
    Signature:
    Owner: EMAILADDRESS=steamport@protonmail.com, CN=steamport, OU=steamport, O=steamport, C=US
    Issuer: EMAILADDRESS=steamport@protonmail.com, CN=steamport, OU=steamport, O=steamport, C=US
    Serial number: b1b3cdcf593b5030
    Valid from: Tue Jun 12 20:49:48 EDT 2018 until: Sat Oct 28 20:49:48 EDT 2045
    Certificate fingerprints:
    	 MD5:  13:E0:38:54:47:CC:FA:B8:24:50:16:6D:41:90:C7:4F
    	 SHA1: 5F:AD:C9:4B:43:D3:1E:C3:6B:5F:86:DE:6A:F6:C7:F8:72:CB:B7:04
    	 SHA256: BB:A1:BB:0F:7B:E1:62:2D:87:27:FE:EC:C5:CA:C6:B7:E3:EA:1A:CB:32:33:7E:F4:2C:D6:BC:BC:6E:46:27:CC
    Signature algorithm name: SHA256withRSA
    Subject Public Key Algorithm: 2048-bit RSA key
    Version: 3

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for microG, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"

Contributors
    steamport
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, TWRP
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information