/* * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included * in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications. */
- Please search the thread before asking questions
- Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
- Please report bugs here
- Report only one issue per bug report
- When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
- Explain the issue as clearly as possible
- Explain the steps required to reproduce the issue if necessary.
Prerequisites for Installation
- Must have an unlocked bootloader
- Update TWRP to Android-7.1 builds located here. Please make sure to use the recovery image which is appropriate for your device (Thor or Apollo).
BETA TESTING -- QUALITY IS GETTING BETTER BUT TAKE A LOOK AT THE FUNCTIONALITY GRID IN POST #2
- Thor/Apollo: Some apps may rotate to landscape the wrong way leaving the screen upside down. Many times you can re-rotate the device to fix.
- Thor/Apollo: Sometimes after an extended period of time Wifi will stop working. Toggling airplaine mode fixes it.
- Thor/Apollo: Bluetooth pairing issues - bluetooth function is still WIP.
- Backup your existing ROM first
- Wipe the /data partition (but you can keep the media storage)
- Flash the ROM File
- Flash Open Gapps: use an ARM 7.1 version smaller than the "full" size to make sure it fits
LineageOS Developer Builds / Downloads
LineageOS Builds for Thor
LineageOS Builds for Apollo
- Open Gapps (use a size smaller than "Full" to make sure it fits)
NOTE: Here's what I do to solve the "Play Games" side load issue... Anytime I update my GApps zip file:
- I download the "full" and "mini" versions of GApps
- Extract the "GApps/playgames-arm.tar.lz" file from the "full" file and add it to the "GApps" folder of the "mini" file.
- Open the installer.sh script in the "mini" file and move the "playgames" line from the full_gapps_list= section into the mini_gapps_list= section
- I use this modified "mini" .zip when flashing CM-14.1 ROMs so that my Play Games install always works.
Source Code (branch: cm-14.1)
- Kernel Source
- Common Device Tree
- Thor Device Tree
- Apollo Device Tree
- LineageOS Team
- Cyanogenmod Team
LineageOS for Kindle HDX 3rd Gen, ROM for the Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7" & 8.9"
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: LineageOS
Beta Release Date: 2016-12-16
Last Updated 2020-07-05