17th December 2016, 11:16 PM |#121  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 23,889

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvd0405

Love to have the "wake by vol buttons" option. Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

I am on 17.12, don't know if i should go back to 14.12

If there's a difference between the 2, then it's likely a SELinux denial. A few posts up I explained how to grab the denial log. I can use that to see what's happening.
17th December 2016, 11:18 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxrave

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238

I tried logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt, lauched camera, take a snapshot then closed the terminal. I did not see anything related to camera in logcat.txt. Did i do something wrong?
17th December 2016, 11:24 PM |#123  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Trouble installing
I am coming from ggow's Marshmallow ROM after unlocking my bootloader from the most recent Amazon firmware.
I have the 64gb, 8.9 inch model, so i downloaded Apollo files

I made a backup from the TWRP cubed that was part of the boot loader unlock process.

I supposedly installed the TWRP from the CM 14.1 download page using Flashify

It kept booting to fastboot but I could still boot into the 6.0 ROM

I reinstalled the TWRP 3.0.2 from the unlock thread

I tried installing the CM 14,1 TWRP recovery from within the existing TWRP 3.0.2 but it gave me an error indicating the partition was too small.

so, I wiped data, cache, and system within the existing TWRP and tried to install the zip of CM14.1

a couple of red lines during installation that apparently were logged. 'unsupported function?'

reboots and stuck at blue alien head

tried reboot a few times

restored backup and here i am

any next steps?

EDIT i think i found the log

http://pastebin.com/caGSmqJg

EDIT 2: downloaded an app and verified the checksum on my downloaded CM14.1 recovery file and it matches. So file should be good

EDIT 3: Downloaded TWRP 3.0.2-0 from the other forum section and the install and boot process completed. Never managed to install the recovery from the CM download page. Too big. Apparently, my recovery partition is only 10meg
17th December 2016, 11:28 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

If there's a difference between the 2, then it's likely a SELinux denial. A few posts up I explained how to grab the denial log. I can use that to see what's happening.

I did dmesg | grep "avc:" > /sdcard/deniasl.txt. the file is attached
Attached Files
File Type: txt denial.txt - [Click for QR Code] (17.4 KB, 10 views)
18th December 2016, 12:10 AM |#125  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Is there anyway to get the screen to rotate when it gets stuck? It was fine until I flashed SU.
18th December 2016, 12:36 AM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 9,978

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woomdawg

Is there anyway to get the screen to rotate when it gets stuck? It was fine until I flashed SU.

Gonna toss this out with no testing/verification on CM 14.1 but it has worked with other HDX ROMs experiencing general rotation issues (assumes 13.3.2.3 bootloader update has been applied): install Nova launcher and enable 'auto-rotate' under Look and Feel. Not sure why this worked in the past as it likely utilizes the same kernel underpinnings as Launcher3 and Trebuchet. Easy enough to try and revert.
18th December 2016, 12:43 AM |#127  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Gonna toss this out with no testing/verification on CM 14.1 but it has worked with other HDX ROMs experiencing general rotation issues (assumes 13.3.2.3 bootloader update has been applied): install Nova launcher and enable 'auto-rotate' under Look and Feel. Not sure why this worked in the past as it likely utilizes the same kernel underpinnings as Launcher3 and Trebuchet. Easy enough to try and revert.

Thanks Davey, I will give that a try.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote:

Oh wow I just noticed no wifi either
18th December 2016, 01:16 AM |#128  

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Oh wow I just noticed no wifi either

Most WiFi issues should be addressed by previously referenced bootloader update (here). Follow instructions in OP or use Flashify to install. Strongly recommend verifing md5 before flashing. A corrupt image will permanently brick the device and likely ruin your day.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
18th December 2016, 01:26 AM |#129  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Most WiFi issues should be addressed by previously referenced bootloader update (here). Follow instructions in OP or use Flashify to install. Strongly recommend verifing md5 before flashing. A corrupt image will permanently brick the device and likely ruin your day.

How do I find out what bootloader I have now?
18th December 2016, 01:51 AM |#130  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

How do I find out what bootloader I have now?

Apparently, you cant. At least according to another post here.
18th December 2016, 02:23 AM |#131  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionitrous

Apparently, you cant. At least according to another post here.

Confirmed - there is no readily accessible mechanism for polling bootloader version on this device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)