Thanks Meter: 23,889

By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 12th December 2016, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th July 2020, 01:29 PM |#1641  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hetzer'93

Just flash the update and after that before rebooting the patched .img to boot.

sorry, but the attached magisk_patched.img can't be found; The site says http 404
6th July 2020, 02:34 PM |#1642  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm not sure if crossposting threads here is ok, so feel free to scold me :)

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys here have ever had a "Headphone loud ticking noise"-problem with your HDX as i'm describing im my post here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...-loud-t4124795

I'm asking here because this thread seems a lot more active than the troubleshooting area and because i'm using LineageOS-14.1.
I had the same problem on some AOSP Kitkat as well though. So i'm pretty sure it's not the OS's fault.
Maybe i'll open the device and have a look if i can find anything super obvious with the audio jack.

Well, thx :)
7th July 2020, 02:00 PM |#1643  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 10,380

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbot81

I'm not sure if crossposting threads here is ok, so feel free to scold me

Just wanted to ask if any of you guys here have ever had a "Headphone loud ticking noise"-problem with your HDX as i'm describing im my post here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/kin...-loud-t4124795

I'm asking here because this thread seems a lot more active than the troubleshooting area and because i'm using LineageOS-14.1.
I had the same problem on some AOSP Kitkat as well though. So i'm pretty sure it's not the OS's fault.
Maybe i'll open the device and have a look if i can find anything super obvious with the audio jack.

Well, thx

I'll check on my device later, it's not something I've noticed previously.
9th July 2020, 02:03 AM |#1644  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
First of all, thanks for the great ROM.

Just a couple of questions about the latest update for clarification:

1. Is the Bluetooth now working properly all the time? I have the May build, and I was only able to get Bluetooth headphones to pair a couple of times.

2. Is the definitive guidance for installing the latest update to uninstall Magisk?

3. Can we dirty flash? Just asking because you said a lot has changed since previous build, and a lot of times that means a clean flash is needed.

Thanks in advance.
9th July 2020, 12:50 PM |#1645  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggow

For gaming I would definitely wait for next release, I have just fixed this performance problem.
Did clash of the clans work on the 28 May release?

Well, Clash of Clans did not work since the very old Cyanogenmod 11 (Android 4.4.4) version from you from 2016.10.17. I could not get Clash of Clans running on any newer version and I tried it 100's of times.

But maybe this is just my special interest, I have 4 Thor running Clash of Clans, still on CM11, so maybe I just need to contiunue until Clash of Clans does not support Android 4.4.4 and then buy some new tablets... THank you for your great job!
9th July 2020, 02:26 PM |#1646  
Flag Essen
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Perhaps some good news after all ...

I can detect two major improvements in real racing 3 with the july rom.
a) memory management is now able to use the memory as low as 220 mb, without loosing the game when switching to launcher. My memory widget was formerly killed when coming to 320 mb. Still with my changes to build.prop.

b) The games connection to its server seems more stable. Formerly it was lost after viewing an Ad.

Great job again, ggow !!
10th July 2020, 04:06 AM |#1647  
Thanks Meter: 9,978

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i9000usersa

First of all, thanks for the great ROM.

Just a couple of questions about the latest update for clarification:

1. Is the Bluetooth now working properly all the time? I have the May build, and I was only able to get Bluetooth headphones to pair a couple of times.

2. Is the definitive guidance for installing the latest update to uninstall Magisk?

3. Can we dirty flash? Just asking because you said a lot has changed since previous build, and a lot of times that means a clean flash is needed.

Thanks in advance.

Unlikely BT is working reliably. Been an issue with this device for years. I would wait for the next update before considering upgrading.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
10th July 2020, 07:13 PM |#1648  

More
Dear Mates, if anybody finds a solution to get Clash of Clans working reliably with this ROM (Lineage OS 14.1 from ggow) on this device (Thor), I will DONATE a Fire HDX Thor 7'' device.
I will send it for free to the first individual who can post or PM a detailed solution for getting Clash of Clans running with this ROM.

The conditions are, that it has been tested by that person, that installation of Clash of Clans and updates are running through google play store and that I can get it running using the proposed solution.

However, the device will be used, and battery status will not be good, since all seven devices I have are in use. But it will be rooted, have TWRP and this 14.1 ROM running. I will send it for free, worldwide, just need the address via PM.

I hope this is not against the rules...

EDIT: Maybe its better to send PM, so this thread is not blown up. If there is a solution, it will be posted.
11th July 2020, 03:26 AM |#1649  
Thanks Meter: 9,978

More
^^ lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
11th July 2020, 09:33 PM |#1650  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

^^ lol

I dont want to spam this thread with my own needs, just to explain: I'm a kind of heavy Clash of Clans (COC) player with several accounts, and I bought seven Fire HDX 7'' devices to play, and I play since years with these devices on Android 4.4.4, so I am interested in an Android update.
Nothing more and nothing less, I know it's not a big reward, but I will offer one of my devices, if somebody gets Clash of Clans running on this 14.1 ROM.
That's all, and I promise that I will send out one of my HDX 7'' Thor for free to the first one who gets COC running on this ROM.
I hope I don't offend anyone and that this is according to the rules.
21st July 2020, 02:12 AM |#1651  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker4711

I dont want to spam this thread with my own needs, just to explain: I'm a kind of heavy Clash of Clans (COC) player with several accounts, and I bought seven Fire HDX 7'' devices to play, and I play since years with these devices on Android 4.4.4, so I am interested in an Android update.
Nothing more and nothing less, I know it's not a big reward, but I will offer one of my devices, if somebody gets Clash of Clans running on this 14.1 ROM.
That's all, and I promise that I will send out one of my HDX 7'' Thor for free to the first one who gets COC running on this ROM.
I hope I don't offend anyone and that this is according to the rules.

Have you tried using magisk and magisks hide?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)