By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 12th December 2016, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th December 2016, 04:55 PM |#21  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 23,888

Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

I've posted the updated (Android-7.1) TWRP 3.0.2-0 for THOR device in the download section: here

For best results prior to flashing the CM-14.1 ROM: place the device into bootloader mode (power on + volume down) and then use fastboot to flash your recovery partition:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-thor-20161212-android-7.1.img

- Hash
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2016, 06:39 PM |#22  

Donate to Me
More
If you're running the new CM-14.1 builds, don't hesitate to post your experiences / issues / highlights.

Top Priority: Make note of any discrepancies between what's in the OP of this thread and what your personal experience is. I don't want to over sell the functionality of this ROM in any way due to it's Work-in-progress.

The ultimate goal would be to get these going as the "nightly" builds and move the cm-13.0 (once fixed) out to weekly or monthly builds.

- Hash
12th December 2016, 07:04 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Can I flash new TWRP .img file using old installed TWRP 3.0.2.0? It has ability to flash .img files into recovery partition.
12th December 2016, 07:30 PM |#24  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergtot

Can I flash new TWRP .img file using old installed TWRP 3.0.2.0? It has ability to flash .img files into recovery partition.

Yes, you probably can. Tho, I personally have never done it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2016, 07:30 PM |#25  

Donate to Me
More
FYI, here's what I do to solve the "Play Games" side load issue...

Anytime I update my GApps zip file:
- I download the "full" and "mini" versions of GApps
- Extract the "GApps/playgames-arm.tar.lz" file from the "full" file and add it to the "GApps" folder of the "mini" file.
- Open the installer.sh script in the "mini" file and move the "playgames" line from the full_gapps_list= section into the mini_gapps_list= section
- I use this modified "mini" .zip when flashing CM-14.1 ROMs so that my Play Games install always works.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2016, 08:35 PM |#26  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 10,338

Donate to Me
More
Info 2
Just tested the Apollo build and seems as good as can be, will post very shortly on the OP.

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Apollo build is up now.
The Following User Says Thank You to ggow For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th December 2016, 09:44 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 9,949

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergtot

FYI - I use Flashify. Simple, efficient and reliable. Can also snag from APKMirror.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
13th December 2016, 02:32 AM |#28  
Flag Burnaby
Thanks Meter: 823

Donate to Me
More
Never upgraded to a major CM version before, so do I need to wipe user data (will the ZIP do it for me automatically?) or is it safe to dirty flash?
Has anything been changed in the screen orientation (gyro?) driver between cm13 and cm14.1? On cm13 the workaround is to use Xposed module, with Xposed not being available for Nougat yet, what's the solution for screen orientation now?
13th December 2016, 04:30 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 9,949

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

Never upgraded to a major CM version before, so do I need to wipe user data (will the ZIP do it for me automatically?) or is it safe to dirty flash?
Has anything been changed in the screen orientation (gyro?) driver between cm13 and cm14.1? On cm13 the workaround is to use Xposed module, with Xposed not being available for Nougat yet, what's the solution for screen orientation now?

For best results I would go for a clean install. I was unable to dirty flash CM 13 or Nexus 6.x from CM 12.1 (all partitions wiped except data); repeatedly hung on boot or shortly after sign-in. Developer indicated this was not unexpected. Guessing same applies with CM 14.1. Definitely want a full backup of your existing environment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
13th December 2016, 05:57 AM |#30  
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

For best results I would go for a clean install.

Thanks @Davey126 and kudos to @Hashcode and @ggow for making cm-14.1 available for thor and apollo!

Just installed on apollo (thanks for reminding me about flashify @Davey126, I've used it with chainfire's root but once I switched to magisk, flashify stopped working because of some incompatibilities with either magisk or phh's superuser, but everything seems to be working with magisk v9 and latest magisk-ized phh's superuser) by creating a queue in flashify with cm-14.1, nano gapps, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, wipe data and then executing the queue and rebooting.

Everything seems to work (had a few scary moments when some google apps started to crash during TiBu restore), WiFi hasn't given me any troubles yet (knock on wood), SCREEN ORIENTATION works OOB, no Xposed modules needed!

Outstanding work @Hashcode, @ggow, considering the time constraints I couldn't have expected anything even remotely as polished as what you gentlemen delivered.

The only issue (and I'm only posting it since you asked) is some text seems to be missing in the window very close to the end of setup (see attachment).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161213-052155.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	3967021  
The Following User Says Thank You to stangri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stangri Ad-Free
13th December 2016, 06:19 AM |#31  
Flag Burnaby

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

I tested Thor front cam with "YouCam Perfect" found here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ink.youperfect
Can you check that as well?

Works just fine on apollo with both front and rear cameras.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)