[ROM] [05 JUL 2020] LineageOS-14.1

3,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,889

By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 12th December 2016, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2017, 04:16 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just got a refurbed HDX 7 off of eBay to replace an original Nexus 7. Installed latest build. Excellent job, super impressed. Besides some of the stated bugs, I'm seeing something odd when using the Nexus 7 charger.

If I use the Nexus 7 charger then the HDX will only charge to 83%. But if I switch to the generic charger that came with the HDX then it will reach the full 100%. Any ideas what is happening here?
13th March 2017, 04:30 PM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 9,978

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpersim

Just got a refurbed HDX 7 off of eBay to replace an original Nexus 7. Installed latest build. Excellent job, super impressed. Besides some of the stated bugs, I'm seeing something odd when using the Nexus 7 charger.

If I use the Nexus 7 charger then the HDX will only charge to 83%. But if I switch to the generic charger that came with the HDX then it will reach the full 100%. Any ideas what is happening here?

HDX kernel supports rapid charging (not to be confused with Qualcomm Quick Charge and other proprietary standards) which permits a maximum charge rate of 1.8Ah (1800mAh) under ideal conditions. Charge is reduced as needed to protect the battery pack (longevity/safety) and can also be influenced by charger voltage. Best guess is your Nexus charger is under rated or no longer provides steady output at/above 5.0 volts. An inexpensive USB charge meter (example) can be used to assess charger/cable quality.

As an aside it is amazing how ofter crappy cables are the root cause of charging and/or communication issues. Likely NOT the case here (probably the charge brick) but another reason to acquire a USB charge meter/gizmo. Will keep hair on your head.
13th March 2017, 05:08 PM |#523  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

HDX kernel supports rapid charging (not to be confused with Qualcomm Quick Charge and other proprietary standards) which permits a maximum charge rate of 1.8Ah (1800mAh) under ideal conditions. Charge is reduced as needed to protect the battery pack (longevity/safety) and can also be influenced by charger voltage. Best guess is your Nexus charger is under rated or no longer provides steady output at/above 5.0 volts. An inexpensive USB charge meter (example) can be used to assess charger/cable quality.

As an aside it is amazing how ofter crappy cables are the root cause of charging and/or communication issues. Likely NOT the case here (probably the charge brick) but another reason to acquire a USB charge meter/gizmo. Will keep hair on your head.

I'm gonna say you probably guessed right and the charger is not providing steady output anymore at 5V. Had noticed in recent months that the charge time on the Nexus 7 had gone up.

Yes, it is amazing how a cable swap fixes so many issues when connecting to or charging our many devices.

Thanks for the response.
14th March 2017, 06:26 PM |#524  
Thanks Meter: 343

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpersim

I'm gonna say you probably guessed right and the charger is not providing steady output anymore at 5V. Had noticed in recent months that the charge time on the Nexus 7 had gone up.

If it's starting to no longer supply the expected current, then you really should stop using it. If the current output is out of spec, it's possible that the voltage level and ripple (how much the voltage fluctuates) are out of spec as well; the latter in particular can be dangerous if it gets out of hand before the charger just gives up and dies.

I've been using the black version of this Blitzwolf charger for a while on my xt1254 without any issue, though only with quick-charging...but there's no reason to believe it won't supply up to 3A at 5v as advertised, and this review has confirmed it.

Other than that, just get one from a reputable brand. Don't get an eBay no-name POS charger unless you want to put unnecessary stress on your equipment. Avoid Xiaomi OEM-style chargers too, they feel solid yet have absolutely no reinforcement on the USB port, relying on the pin solder to anchor them.
14th March 2017, 06:36 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Can we enable root again?
14th March 2017, 06:50 PM |#526  
http://www.lineageosrom.com/2017/01/...ndle-fire.html
This website seems strange. Does it have any relation with you or LineageOS?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by woomdawg

Can we enable root again?

You can enable root in [Settings] -> [Developer options] -> [Root access].
14th March 2017, 06:53 PM |#527  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weicheng_Gao

http://www.lineageosrom.com/2017/01/...ndle-fire.html
This website seems strange. Does it have any relation with you or LineageOS?

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

You can enable root in [Settings] -> [Developer options] -> [Root access].

Correct but there was a bug that would disable screen rotation. I just want to make sure it is all good now.
14th March 2017, 07:08 PM |#528  

More
Quote:

Correct but there was a bug that would disable screen rotation. I just want to make sure it is all good now.

Traceable to user installed SuperSU builds (systemless root). No issues with integrated root manager.
14th March 2017, 08:08 PM |#529  
Quote:

dont use supersu there are some bugs

use cmroot/inbuild or install magisk

remember this device cant pass safetynet coz this is an amazon device
14th March 2017, 11:09 PM |#530  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxrave

dont use supersu there are some bugs

use cmroot/inbuild or install magisk

remember this device cant pass safetynet coz this is an amazon device

Is cm root the riot you enable in developer options?
15th March 2017, 12:57 AM |#531  

More
Quote:

Is cm root the riot you enable in developer options?

Yes (technically part of Privacy Manager).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)