By Hashcode, Senior Recognized Developer on 12th December 2016, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2017, 07:25 AM |#601  
Flag Morganton, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necronomynus

Thank you Davey 126 deleting the first Line in updater-script and TWRP3.1 worked well. It's located in

Code:
 \META-INF\com\google\android

Just open the LOS14.1 Apr Zip-File and navigate to the previously mentioned folder and edit your updater-script file.

I unzipped the file edited the updater-script file but after I ziped it back it said invalid zip file format when flashing. Don't I need to use android image kitchen for this? I've never used it before
22nd April 2017, 02:26 PM |#602  
Thanks Meter: 9,978

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoBun

Thank you Davey 126 deleting the first Line in updater-script and TWRP3.1 worked well. It's located in

I unzipped the file edited the updater-script file but after I ziped it back it said invalid zip file format when flashing. Don't I need to use android image kitchen for this? I've never used it before

Definately don't need Image Kitchen! Just extract zip contents, modify updater-script as directed, repackage and flash. Try a different zip management tool if you are getting errors. Some of the better ones allow you work with individual files vs the entire archive.

I tend to perform this type of work on a speedy host (eg: Win 10) but it's perfectly doable on Android.

Of course rolling back to TWRP 3.0.0-1 or simply booting that version from fastboot (regardless if which version is installed) is the easier option.

If you're adventurous give FlashFire a whirl. On my to-do list for this device. No reason it shouldn't work but need to do a little more reading to insure compatibility.

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote:

Speaking of Davey126 can u supply me with a linos 14.1 zip for april 15th with the updater-script first line deleted, I don't really know how to use android kitchen. I screwed up by wiping the system partition in twrp thinking that could fix the error. Also arshileus u might want to use the zip too if he provides a link, I should have messaged him privately. Maybe tomorrow it's 1:30 where I'm at

I'll pass as there are several good workarounds until @ggow or @Hashcode gets a chance to address. Not a fan of having non-official tools floating around.
22nd April 2017, 05:32 PM |#603  

More
Like an idiot I forgot that I zipped the folder I had extracted it to not the contents. I realized that after my last post. Sorry ur right android kitchen isn't needed. I was in a hurry and forgot to notice it. But what is it used for?
The Following User Says Thank You to CocoBun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CocoBun Ad-Free
22nd April 2017, 07:28 PM |#604  

More
Now play services keep crashing, would flashing open gapps fix it? I tried clearing the data using lucky patcher but that didn't work, what else can I do?
22nd April 2017, 07:51 PM |#605  

More
Quote:

Now play services keep crashing, would flashing open gapps fix it? I tried clearing the data using lucky patcher but that didn't work, what else can I do?

Not sure why you mention/use lucky patcher. Frowned upon at XDA...even for benign purposes as there are other tools that are equally effective.

LinOS for this device does not come with GAaps backed in. I always flash the latest nano build with a install/update. Mitigates a lot of problems that never happened. You can always install additional Google properties from the Play Store and (optionally) migrate them to the system partition. I would stay away from a custom install config as there seems to be issues surrounding their use (based on user reports w/Fire devices).
22nd April 2017, 11:26 PM |#606  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Not sure why you mention/use lucky patcher. Frowned upon at XDA...even for benign purposes as there are other tools that are equally effective.

LinOS for this device does not come with GAaps backed in. I always flash the latest nano build with a install/update. Mitigates a lot of problems that never happened. You can always install additional Google properties from the Play Store and (optionally) migrate them to the system partition. I would stay away from a custom install config as there seems to be issues surrounding their use (based on user reports w/Fire devices).

Heh, I see why there's so many things u can do to cheat developers with it. Anyways I fixed it using the mini open gapps and got play games from apkmirror and installed to system.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Can someone share with me their audio policy conf file? I need it for viper but I forgot to make a backup. Don't suggest flashing I don't really wanna go through all that again...
25th April 2017, 08:57 AM |#607  
Flag Hà Nội, Vietnam
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I found two little bugs, which appear in the APR build on my device:
  1. Camera App is generaly working, but when I take a picture it stops unexpected, same in You Cam Selfie and another Camera App
  2. When i want to add a picture to my user-profile as avatar it only works if i use Google Photos for cropping. The OS cropping feature doesn't output the cropped picture to my profile.

Hope I could help a little bit.
27th April 2017, 12:33 PM |#608  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
how is the battery life in this ROM ?
27th April 2017, 02:23 PM |#609  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade22

how is the battery life in this ROM ?

All of the custom ROMs for this device realize power utilization consistent with the underlying version of Android. LineageOS is based on Android 7.1 and thus reflects the latest (and arguably best) native power management capabilities.

Don't get drawn into the faux belief that well packaged ROMs have a significant impact on battery life. Kernels, configuration, settings (eg: panel brightness), apps and user behavior are the biggest factors impact power utilization along with underlying device characteristics.
27th April 2017, 05:16 PM |#610  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
New Fire HDX 7" -- 4.5.5.2 -- want to go to Lineage 14.1
Got the new Fire HDX 7 yesterday and powered it up and plugged it in to charge and the thing autoupgraded from 4.5.3 to 4.5.5.2.

I'm following the bootloader unlock and I've done TWRP and
CWM on phones and Nook ovation tablets. Looks like Amazon's guys REALLY locked this little beast down.

How risky is trying to force a download to 4.5.5.1 so I can get it with Kingroot? Should I wait until someone gets this cracked or is there a way to root the tablet. It's a beautiful tablet with only the software making it less than perfect for me.

The Nook is so much slower than the Thor... I'm amazed how much faster it seems than my phone.

I've got a mail app which supports PGP/GPG which I want to get on here but that keeps going to only the Play store for upgrades and license checks.

Thanks for any help.
27th April 2017, 05:28 PM |#611  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pechter

Got the new Fire HDX 7 yesterday and powered it up and plugged it in to charge and the thing autoupgraded from 4.5.3 to 4.5.5.2.

I'm following the bootloader unlock and I've done TWRP and
CWM on phones and Nook ovation tablets. Looks like Amazon's guys REALLY locked this little beast down.

How risky is trying to force a download to 4.5.5.1 so I can get it with Kingroot? Should I wait until someone gets this cracked or is there a way to root the tablet. It's a beautiful tablet with only the software making it less than perfect for me.

The Nook is so much slower than the Thor... I'm amazed how much faster it seems than my phone.

I've got a mail app which supports PGP/GPG which I want to get on here but that keeps going to only the Play store for upgrades and license checks.

Thanks for any help.

Think the device is fast now? Wait 'till you load a custom ROM.

KingRoot is effective against FireOS 4.5.5.2; might take many attempts/iterations as the algorithm used to identify vulnerabilities and associated exploits is inefficient (nearly random) and not optimized for FireOS. What KingRoot is really looking for are vulnerabilities in Android 4.4.x which is the base for FireOS v4.5.x. Likely only a handful that work against FireOS given Amazon has closed some well known Android vulnerabilities. You can also try the tether desktop (Windows) variant which often yields better results. Downside is the non-English UI which can be a bit intimidating.

However, a downgrade it 3.2.8 is relatively trivial and offers easy rooting which is the only soft prerequisite to unlocking the bootloader (please ask for details as it's also easy to brick the device). It's also possible to unlock a non-rooted device but the procedure is more complex and unfamiliar to many.

Recommendation: Continue attempts with KingRoot. If unsuccessful downgrade to FireOS 3.2.8 and continue from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)