FORUMS

[HOW TO] Install GAPPS without root

2,465 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,299

By powerpoint45, Senior Member on 26th November 2014, 09:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I posted how to get GAPPS working in the Fire HD 6&7 threads a few weeks ago and was informed it works on the HDX as well. This video will show you how you can install GAPPS on the Fire HD6, HD7 or HDX without root. All Google Apps should work excluding Google Search (Google search now works), Google Play Store, and Hangouts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHI7ED6pUPY

FireGapps.zip:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx_9...p=docslist_api

commands used in this video:
Quote:

adb devices
adb shell
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.INTERACT_ACROSS_USERS

Help setting up adb for windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyJlmTtLsIg

Sent from my KFARWI using Tapatalk
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to powerpoint45 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift powerpoint45 Ad-Free
29th November 2014, 10:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Does the trick work with the latest version of fire OS?

Sent from my RM-978_1070 using Tapatalk
29th November 2014, 11:09 PM |#3  
Flag Akwizgran
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yun1k

Does the trick work with the latest version of fire OS?

Sent from my RM-978_1070 using Tapatalk

Yes. Works with 4.5.1
30th November 2014, 01:52 AM |#4  
Flag Akwizgran
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question
Is it just (lucky) me or does this fix also allow to verify app purchases via the Google license checker? Sideloaded my paid apps and they work! Don't know if this would also happen without GApps.
30th November 2014, 04:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Excellent thanks, this worked for me on 4.5.1, did it on my Mac too.

Any chance of Chrome working?
30th November 2014, 04:27 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 2,299

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rillo561

Excellent thanks, this worked for me on 4.5.1, did it on my Mac too.

Any chance of Chrome working?

Chrome works fine for me on hd6

30th November 2014, 04:29 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpoint45

Chrome works fine for me on hd6

Just installed it, works great. Thanks.
30th November 2014, 12:14 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpoint45

I posted how to get GAPPS working in the Fire HD 6&7 threads a few weeks ago and was informed it works on the HDX as well. This video will show you how you can install GAPPS on the Fire HD6, HD7 or HDX without root. All Google Apps should work excluding Google Search (Google search now works), Google Play Store, and Hangouts.

First off - thank you for this, saved me from having to root the device and gives me the functionality I was going to root for.

The only issue I'm having is that Gmail isn't syncing in the background. If I get new mail the Amazon email app notifies my in the shade straight away but Gmail won't. If I open Gmail I have to sync manually. I've checked in the Gmail app settings and it is set to sync and create notifications - any ideas? I thought one of the frameworks in your zip might need re-installing?

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocofail Dundee

First off - thank you for this, saved me from having to root the device and gives me the functionality I was going to root for.

The only issue I'm having is that Gmail isn't syncing in the background. If I get new mail the Amazon email app notifies my in the shade straight away but Gmail won't. If I open Gmail I have to sync manually. I've checked in the Gmail app settings and it is set to sync and create notifications - any ideas? I thought one of the frameworks in your zip might need re-installing?

Scratch that, I uninstalled gmail, Google Play Services and Google Framework. Then I resinstalled the versions in your zip, ran the ADB command and hey presto notifications are working again. Either the updated version of play services that 1mobilemarket installed doesn't work or the ADB command needs running again after the update.

Working gmail notifications again
30th November 2014, 01:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocofail Dundee

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Scratch that, I uninstalled gmail, Google Play Services and Google Framework. Then I resinstalled the versions in your zip, ran the ADB command and hey presto notifications are working again. Either the updated version of play services that 1mobilemarket installed doesn't work or the ADB command needs running again after the update.

Working gmail notifications again

Spoke too soon, notifications seem to have died again (No software updates have been done)... investigating.
30th November 2014, 04:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for your post.

But is it only me or is the Play store not working?
Stuck at " No Connection - Retry" but I can't get it working

Fire OS 4.51 on HDFX 7

Maybe someone point me to a working way, please...

URBANsUNITED
30th November 2014, 06:02 PM |#11  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quoting from the original post "All Google Apps should work excluding Google Search (Google search now works), Google Play Store, and Hangouts." Google play store will not work without root. I plan to sync my apps to my dropbox in apk form and then use file manager with dropbox access to access them and install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANsUNITED

Thanks for your post.

But is it only me or is the Play store not working?
Stuck at " No Connection - Retry" but I can't get it working

Fire OS 4.51 on HDFX 7

Maybe someone point me to a working way, please...

URBANsUNITED

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)