Have a Question? select the new Q&A Tab
Watch my [Video] How To Root Kindle Fire 1 with Update 6.3.3 and 6.3.4, using Saferoot
***First Install Drivers
- Download Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9 from AFH or Mega or XDA see original Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9 thread
- Verify MD5:a20011995d115c3b2d66dcc92303031e https://sites.google.com/site/sdshad...hash-checksums
- Extract the zip.
- Reboot PC
also see Windows Device Drivers and the Device Manager by kinfauns
.For those with Windows 8.1 or 10
Watch [Video] How to disable driver signature enforcement - Windows 8.1 & 8
or How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)
Windows 8.1 will now reboot and you can go ahead and use the install_drivers.bat
- Open the charm bar and go into Settings and at the bottom click on Change PC Settings.
- Go to the update and Recovery on left then Recovery
- Advanced Startup > restart now
- Choose the Troubleshoot option followed by Advanced options.
- Choose Startup settings then on next screen click on Ã¢??restartÃ¢??.
- Select option
- Disable driver signature enforcement
more here https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials...-windows-8/all
What you need to root: Saferoot.zip and a PC, Mac, or Linux
- Download[ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3
- Verify MD5 Checksums: https://sites.google.com/site/sdshad...hash-checksums MD5: 70D371EF52E165F83E6C6D5B09C32489 (29 Nov 2014)
- Unzip saferoot.zip
- run install.bat
- Follow on screen instructions
Rootmaster apk or Here
Rootmaster.exe run from PC
Most android devices are rootable by one or both these options.
These are made by Chinese devs, not open source, but have been used by many people, with no known issues.
What you need to install Google Apps
:Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9.zip and a PC20 Aug 2016
Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.9
The server that KFU connected to for the Google Apps is gone, so KFU can no longer install Google Apps
see my manual instructions in post #2
Rooting Instructions and Installing Google Apps
For Custom Bootloader and Recovery:
See post 3 Flashing FFF and TWRP without Fastboot Cable--------------------------------------
Have a Question? Ask Here ↓
I have include a copy of the SafeRoot version, that I used, incase a future updated version does not work on the Kindle Fire 1.
and the same for Kindle drivers.
Don't forget to thank the Dev @k1mu in his thread [ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and Android 4.3