Post Reply Email Thread
17th July 2014, 05:37 AM |#21  
If kindle is in fastboot, fastboot cable will not help. Soupkit might

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

18th July 2014, 04:56 PM |#22  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Using windows 8.1 cant proceed past step 6 (fastboot)., just a fair warning to those trying this with windows 8.1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
18th July 2014, 05:35 PM |#23  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsignals

Using windows 8.1 can proceed past step 6 (fastboot)., just a fair warning to those trying this with windows 8.1

Guessing that was to be can't not can.
19th July 2014, 07:05 AM |#24  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Tried soupkit and it still won't recognize.. Good thing the screen had issues already.

24th July 2014, 01:34 AM |#25  
Have a Question? Ask Here
Q&A/T For Rooting Kindle Fire Update 6.3.3 and Flashing FFF and TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
24th July 2014, 01:41 AM |#26  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 473

More
Should this update be done for those of us on OtterX. I would imagine so but I didn't see anything mentioned.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile HTC Desire 601 cdma zara_cl
24th July 2014, 01:45 AM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedied4me

Should this update be done for those of us on OtterX. I would imagine so but I didn't see anything mentioned.

Sent from my Virgin Mobile HTC Desire 601 cdma zara_cl

No, the last stock version installed, should not have any effect on any custom roms, just need the correct Bootloader and Recovery for the rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free
1st August 2014, 11:41 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
If you happen to get stuck in fastboot like I did (with your computer not recognizing the kindle), download the Kindle Fire Utility 0.99, install the driver that comes bundled in the KFU folder, and then try setting the boot mode to normal.

Installing the driver is critical. I have seen people posting this same fix on several forums but installing the driver is never explicitly stated. I figured that by having the kindle driver installed I was fine, but KFU comes with a Google one that let the tool actually work.
The Following User Says Thank You to JPhantom95 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JPhantom95 Ad-Free
2nd August 2014, 12:54 AM |#29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhantom95

If you happen to get stuck in fastboot like I did (with your computer not recognizing the kindle), download the Kindle Fire Utility 0.99, install the driver that comes bundled in the KFU folder, and then try setting the boot mode to normal.

Installing the driver is critical. I have seen people posting this same fix on several forums but installing the driver is never explicitly stated. I figured that by having the kindle driver installed I was fine, but KFU comes with a Google one that let the tool actually work.

I have edited the op and included a link to just the drivers from KFU 0.99
4th August 2014, 12:27 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thanks so much for this. I can finally dust off the old Kindle and make it (semi) useful again!
4th August 2014, 01:01 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
how do I get back into the bootloader after doing this process? I want to update my recovery to 2.7 but it just keeps going into the boot menu and then into the system (Or recovery if I choose that option).

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kindle fire, saferoot, sd_shadow, update 6.3.3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)